AVA General Discussion

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

eat your heart out.

Interesting stuff Ghost.   As a long-time lurker though, I think I can already see how the thread continues when the album drops.   KEVIN: I haven't heard it yet, but there's no way this album is

Put the +44 album on there just for shits and gigs.

Posted Images

On 10/5/2019 at 11:55 AM, Dylan_ said:

Rebel Girl live is fucking great! The crowd was was loving it at both shows I went to. 

Got some great videos from the shows but I need to figure how to upload them. 

They were fabulous weren’t they?!!!!

• Crab 1
15 minutes ago, Marik said:

Did Love1 anniversary today Feb 12 or Feb 14? I always thought 14th - as wikipedia states. But a bunch of the social posts are referring to it today 12th? Can anyone recall?

I assure you with confidence it was the 12th!!!! i'm celebrating all day with my love shirt and sour patch kids!

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

If you have any questions for Atom Willard, post below... ;) 

I have a ton of questions for him but none would be AvA related, they're all Against Me! and Rocket from the Crypt questions. He's probably one of, if not my favorite drummers. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I have a ton of questions for him but none would be AvA related, they're all Against Me! and Rocket from the Crypt questions. He's probably one of, if not my favorite drummers. 

I'm sure he'd be happy to answer stuff about other bands so def send in a few you're thinking of.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm sure he'd be happy to answer stuff about other bands so def send in a few you're thinking of.

I'd love to, provided it doesn't distract from what you're doing. I'll pm you a few and you can make that decision when the time comes. 

• Like 1

I have a question for atom, If he was still with the band, do you think we would have received an album such as the dream walker, or would it have been steered in a completely different direction?

• 4 months later...

Im watching like an 6 hour long video tutorial of Tom Lorde Alge mixing and talking about The Adventure. Awesome stuff, but what surprised me the most is him furious about how badly the drums were recorded and how some channels were unusable. Like room mics, and he couldnt even use the hi hat mic. Maybe thats why the hi hat is room sound only?He said there was like at least 5 drum mics unusable. Hes guessing that an engineer dialed in a sound, then Atom came in and played so loud he probably ruined everything (the dialed in pre amps, and stuff). And he said he HATES how much and loud atom played the hi hat, it was hard to mix because of it, and he would have smashed his hand and told him to stop if he was there hahaha. Never knew that. 

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Reg said:

Im watching like an 6 hour long video tutorial of Tom Lorde Alge mixing and talking about The Adventure. Awesome stuff, but what surprised me the most is him furious about how badly the drums were recorded and how some channels were unusable. Like room mics, and he couldnt even use the hi hat mic. Maybe thats why the hi hat is room sound only?He said there was like at least 5 drum mics unusable. Hes guessing that an engineer dialed in a sound, then Atom came in and played so loud he probably ruined everything (the dialed in pre amps, and stuff). And he said he HATES how much and loud atom played the hi hat, it was hard to mix because of it, and he would have smashed his hand and told him to stop if he was there hahaha. Never knew that. 

I've always thought that it would be a nightmare mixing the recordings from drummers like Atom and Travis that beat the shit out of the cymbals. Guess we got it confirmed lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I've always thought that it would be a nightmare mixing the recordings from drummers like Atom and Travis that beat the shit out of the cymbals. Guess we got it confirmed lol

I've always had a gripe with people who say things like "X drummer is sooooo good, look how hard he hits the drums!" as if that's some measure of skill. Passion, sure, but come on haha

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, nervousheartbeat said:

I've always had a gripe with people who say things like "X drummer is sooooo good, look how hard he hits the drums!" as if that's some measure of skill. Passion, sure, but come on haha

Who has ever said that?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Speedo said:

Who has ever said that?

I understand the skepticism, but I knew a kid growing up who was obsessed with Travis and said this on multiple occasions. He wasn't great at drumming

From a technical standpoint, travis plays terrible. He wastes way too much energy on looking cool and hitting the drums hard. No wonder his hands are a mess, but i guess it's cool having bloodstains all over your drumheads if you're gangster...

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1
4 minutes ago, Neal said:

From a technical standpoint, travis plays terrible. He wastes way too much energy on looking cool and hitting the drums hard. No wonder his hands are a mess, but i guess it's cool having bloodstains all over your drumheads if you're gangster...

yeah I wish he would play classical jazz style drums with the drumsticks switched around like a true musician.

Not even close to what i was trying to say but i knew the fanboys would get triggered.

I wish ilan would need to cancel tours because of fucked up arms but the coward is just not rock'n'roll enough and discovered a thing called gravity....