AVA General Discussion

n i k u

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Tunnels is gorgeous to be honest. I love the little "dream of it" background vocals, and the lyrics are almost not awful which for Tom is a miracle. 

I love mercenaries as well. The album has a lot of flaws but there's a shit load of good in it too. 

The disease and teenagers are my favorites from that album, I don't mind the songs I listed, I just got disappointed after had gotten my hopes up based on insta clips. 

The only song I can't stand on it is kiss with a spell, other than that it's a solid album if I'm in the right mood. It's their weakest album as a whole imo though

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

The disease and teenagers are my favorites from that album, I don't mind the songs I listed, I just got disappointed after had gotten my hopes up based on insta clips. 

The only song I can't stand on it is kiss with a spell, other than that it's a solid album if I'm in the right mood. It's their weakest album as a whole imo though

Its easily their best album to me. I really like Kiss With A Spell, I like the mood of it and I like the rare low Tom vocals. Teenagers is good, the chorus on the Disease is beautiful. The only songs I completely don't like is Tremors. I'm meh about Paralyzed and Wolfpack, I love the rest. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Its easily their best album to me. I really like Kiss With A Spell, I like the mood of it and I like the rare low Tom vocals. Teenagers is good, the chorus on the Disease is beautiful. The only songs I completely don't like is Tremors. I'm meh about Paralyzed and Wolfpack, I love the rest. 

Wolfpack is a mess, especially judging from how it was supposed to sound before they had to change it due to plagiarism. A better mix maybe could have salvaged it though.

The thing I remember from when it was released was that everyone had a boner for Kiss With A Spell and how "fresh" it sounded etc, it just sounds like breath 2.0 to me 😂

14 minutes ago, Kay said:

Tunnels is gorgeous to be honest. I love the little "dream of it" background vocals, and the lyrics are almost not awful which for Tom is a miracle. 

I love mercenaries as well. The album has a lot of flaws but there's a shit load of good in it too. 

Yeah, you know what...it is. Writing about his Dad's passing /doubting religion etc. For me it's the 'I am not....without emo-shaaan'. I like the fact it's kind of a call and respond with the chorus in reply too. 

I think it deffo has its moments, AVA really badly needed to switch it up and they deffo achieved that. 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Yeah, you know what...it is. Writing about his Dad's passing /doubting religion etc. For me it's the 'I am not....without emo-shaaan'. I like the fact it's kind of a call and respond with the chorus in reply too. 

I think it deffo has its moments, AVA really badly needed to switch it up and they deffo achieved that. 

Should be more "n's". Without emoshaannnnnnnn 😅

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Yeah like the 'johnny come lately' line is cringe and there's some other dodgy lyrics but for Tom overall it's actually pretty good.

like this part -

I'd thank God, but then what is he for?
'Cause I left a few hard calls at his front door
I'll leave more

It's very clumsy, but the actual concept he's trying to get across is really poignant. Questioning faith, begging for a response, not recieving one, but still pushing for it? It's quite heart breaking. 

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah like the 'johnny come lately' line is cringe and there's some other dodgy lyrics but for Tom overall it's actually pretty good.

like this part -

I'd thank God, but then what is he for?
'Cause I left a few hard calls at his front door
I'll leave more

It's very clumsy, but the actual concept he's trying to get across is really poignant. Questioning faith, begging for a response, not recieving one, but still pushing for it? It's quite heart breaking. 

Clumsy is the perfect description of Tom’s lyricism. Every now and then, he stumbles upon saying something profound, like a child would haha.

Exactly - it’s horrible, it’s something we all can face. Feeling shunned by a silent universe, wanting someone back.

I like how he alludes to God in a lot of AVA. I’m not religious and I don’t think Tom is, I just like that he grapples with those questions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Where can we find the Euphoria clips ? Mercenaries was the best song on TDW by a loooong way. I’ve got a soft spot for Tunnels as well, idgaf if it’s corny 

The Euphoria clips are on here.

1:26 to 1:34 is Euphoria but there's another clip on the video that might be the same song from 3:32 to 3:55. Sounds great.

My favourites are 0:50 to 1:17 and 1:49 to 2:59

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

@Timmy Two Nutscheers for liking that post and not leaving a brother hanging. 6 months I waited, tears in my eyes. You came through 💝

That’s such a shame. You made many valid points and spoke things that needed to be said! Don’t ever quit being you!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...