AVA General Discussion

n i k u

http://www.facebook.com/angelsandairwaves/posts/10150614143230144

Tom DeLonge here- Just wanted to point out that we now have over 11 brand new songs for the second half of LOVE 2...the double album. It will be the original LOVE album plus an ENTIRE new album to make over 20 songs...then, add the feature film in THX 5.1....all available on 11/11/11. I am so proud and excited for this band. Thank you

Still no info on whether those songs are actual songs (we know a few of them are) or just instrumentals (i.e., the film's score).

The way he's talking it's whole new songs....Also what about that one off show this month they were talking about? Nothing more on that

This might be a bit of an unrealistic request, but does anyone know of any recordings of AVA playing I Miss You that where Tom actually sounds good? :P I actually love the slower version of the song that leads into The Adventure, but Tom just sings so bad in the versions I'm aware of. I kinda doubt a good one exists, but thought I might as well ask. Haha.

• 3 weeks later...

sounded really.. odd. almost like the guitar was out of time with vocals... sorta.

I think it may be the snare beat throwing it off? Not that it's out of time, but that it goes back and forth between on and off beat.

(Pic of Atom drumming taken from a monitor)

"Spent all last night shooting, literally until 5AM the new video in Seattle, and we'll do it again tonight...this is a pic of the monitor during one of the shots...this is going to be our most insane video YET!!!!

-ATOM"

I guess we may hear some new music sooner than we thought?

• 2 weeks later...

Loved it at first, haven't cared about it since. Boring like every song on I-Empire with the exception of Love Like Rockets and Everything's Magic (which is not that good a song).

I love Call to Arms and Love Like Rockets, both some of my favorite tracks from AVA.