AVA General Discussion

n i k u

Lol.  That line is not subtle, it's the opposite of that.  It's the most obvious line ever.  He just is stating that the streetlights are old and the ice is cold.  Two facts we could assume.

I know you guys don't follow AVA that much on here, but they have talked about that song being about a young person overdosing.

"And slowly fades away, into a river or full of shame

But at least numb to the pain, can you see it?"

"You're so sad my valentine on your journey to the light".

"And we are

All that we are

Holding on until we fall apart".

Kind of obvious tbh.

Lol.  That line is not subtle, it's the opposite of that.  It's the most obvious line ever.  He just is stating that the streetlights are old and the ice is cold.  Two facts we could assume.

I know you guys don't follow AVA that much on here, but they have talked about that song being about a young person overdosing.

"And we are

All that we are

Kind of obvious tbh.

"And we are

we are

Youth of the nation".

"And we are

All that we are

Kind of obvious tbh.

Actually it's about a mother who is addicted to heroine.

But that doesn't justify the shit lyrics.  If I'm writing a song about a house fire I can't just say "The trucks were really red, the fire was pretty hot, and it burned shit."

Those are bad lyrics, even if they mean something.

at least his lyrics on neighborhoods were pretty good aside from "this is home".

this is home has great lyrics, so suck a cow cock.

also, this is the ava general discussion so let's stop talking about blink and keep talking about how shitty ava is.

im kidding, who gives a fuck?

It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts It hurts

To be fair though, I think the rest of the songs lyrics in It Hurts are actually very well written, and I think the bluntness of 'It Hurts' was extremely intentional. The song is about being cheated on, and I think Tom meant to make the verses complex to show the complexities of what someone thinks during and after they've been cheated on, and yet, simply feels the constant and simple pain of being upset/it hurting which is symbolized by the simple and repetitive chorus. I actually think most of WDNTW is very well written and the most raw Tom has been with AVA, which is why it's my favorite album by them. It doesn't sound like he's trying to cater to an audience, unlike songs such as Everythings Magic or Hallucinations.

I don't think anybody but you relates a "bottle full of crude" to environmental causes.

It's just a shitty lyric.

No you just don't understand symbolism.

I'm not really trying to defend AvA here, but if you honestly didn't understand that lyric until after it was pointed out to you what it meant then you're just unintelligent.

I don't think anybody but you relates a "bottle full of crude" to environmental causes.

I'm not really trying to defend AvA here, but if you honestly didn't understand that lyric until after it was pointed out to you what it meant then you're just unintelligent.

the criticism isn't about the symbolic meaning. tom used a strange, out of place word. "a bottle full of semen" could symbolize something, but you don't use it in the lyrics of a world savior band.

it's a shitty lyric, plain and simple. you're trying to justify it by saying that it has a meaning.