Skate 3

bojangles

• 10 years later...

Skate 2 is probably one of my favourite games of all time. Such a chilled out game. Introduced me as a kid to The Clash and  Public Enemy

2020 needed this news, desperately.  Cannot fucking wait 

9 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Skate 2 is probably one of my favourite games of all time. Such a chilled out game. Introduced me as a kid to The Clash and  Public Enemy

2020 needed this news, desperately.  Cannot fucking wait 

I just realized your avatar is James Gandolfini! Nice!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bucko said:

Yeah looking forward to both tbf. It has been years since I played a skate / THPS game

I still play skate 3 on the xbox one but apart from that it's been forever. I've been following the subreddit, watching all update videos, hell the label my band is on have been working on a covers compilation of the soundtracks from the first two games. I've worked on 3 of them, so much fun. Those games mean the world to me they better not fuck it up haha

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

1 and 2 are getting remade. 95% of the soundtrack will be the same too!

That sweet, just read into it, they got the same gameplay codes from the originals somehow so it'll feel very similar.  About time we see something like this!

A bunch of the team are the oldd neversoft guys, they're bringing in stuff from the later games (reverts, acid drops) to expand it and a bunch of new stuff we don't know about. All the old skaters and a bunch of new pros, some of which I was already following so in fucking excited haha, it's so damn cool. I can't wait for the demo. 

This was a good watch, got me very nostalgic.  I wouldn't say THUG is the best installment, I always liked 1 and 4 the best.  Getting off the board was really the best aspect of THUG though.

Agree the storyline got too wacky and over the top in THUG 2 but I still had fun.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

This was a good watch, got me very nostalgic.  I wouldn't say THUG is the best installment, I always liked 1 and 4 the best.  Getting off the board was really the best aspect of THUG though.

Agree the storyline got too wacky and over the top in THUG 2 but I still had fun.

1 and 2 are what I think of when I think of THPS but THUG is pretty special to me, it was the peak of the series, it was tied together well, and some of the maps were spectacular. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So my band are part of a small DIY punk label in south wales. when this was announced I floated the idea of all the bands getting together to do a tribute song or two - it turned into a 12 track album.

We've covered a bunch of songs from the first two games and shoved them together. It comes out August 28th. My band has done two songs (When Worlds Collide and Heavy Metal Winner) and I've done a solo cover of Five Lessons Learned.

There's 8 bands on the album in total, all home recorded and produced. it should've been a disaster but tbh there's some really solid covers on there (and some fucking questionable ones haha) 

We've got a video out for Bad Religions "You" which has members from a bunch of the bands working together. My bassist is on the song, and I edited the video. Check it out, let me know what you think :) 

If this remotely tickles your fancy, there's pre-orders over at www.smashmouserecords.co.uk 

Oh and here's a small teaser of a bunch of the album - 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kay said:

So my band are part of a small DIY punk label in south wales. when this was announced I floated the idea of all the bands getting together to do a tribute song or two - it turned into a 12 track album.

We've covered a bunch of songs from the first two games and shoved them together. It comes out August 28th. My band has done two songs (When Worlds Collide and Heavy Metal Winner) and I've done a solo cover of Five Lessons Learned.

There's 8 bands on the album in total, all home recorded and produced. it should've been a disaster but tbh there's some really solid covers on there (and some fucking questionable ones haha) 

We've got a video out for Bad Religions "You" which has members from a bunch of the bands working together. My bassist is on the song, and I edited the video. Check it out, let me know what you think :) 

If this remotely tickles your fancy, there's pre-orders over at www.smashmouserecords.co.uk 

Oh and here's a small teaser of a bunch of the album - 

Great stuffs Kay! It looks like you guys have a nice punk rock scene out there in Wales! Don't forget to share your covers when they come out.

• Love 1