Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows official trailer

Meltdown Tracker

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So they're doing a few scenes with hand-held cameras...

"It's just edgier. It's a little rawer. It's more contemporary. It feels more modern. Shooting in the way we've been shooting, doing a lot of hand-held camera work, all that stuff, I've never got a call from the studio. They just phone up or email and say we love the dailies even though I am doing things that feel very not Harry Potter. So I feel I have a freedom and the elbowroom to do what I feel the story requires."

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2009/07/qa-harry-potter-director-david-yates-talks-deathly-hallows.html

"Part 1, by the way, will end at about Chapter 24 of the book, with Voldemort gaining possession of the Elder wand, one of the three Deathly Hallows that allow the bearer to conquer death."

Entertain Weekly scans with pics of new characters (Xenophilius/Scrimgeour/etc) and more info:

http://rupertgrintgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=633&page=1&sort=na

"Part 1, by the way, will end at about Chapter 24 of the book, with Voldemort gaining possession of the Elder wand, one of the three Deathly Hallows that allow the bearer to conquer death."

Entertain Weekly scans with pics of new characters (Xenophilius/Scrimgeour/etc) and more info:

http://rupertgrintgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=633&page=1&sort=na

seems like a good point to break the film on but im still dissapointed about the split :(

WB confirmed that Hedwigs departure will be different.

The image depicting Harry letting Hedwig fly away included the following description from WB: "Everyone mounts up and leaves Privet Drive. Harry says goodbye to Hedwig." So this does confirm that Harry lets Hedwig go prior to his departure.

Some MuggleNet readers are saying a leaked copy of the script reveals that Hedwig flies back to save Harry during the Seven Potter fights, and THEN she gets killed as she protects Harry.

• 1 month later...

i'm mad at that trailer.

if any of you are friends of mine on fb, you'll know i've had "The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead.

They are coming." as my quote on there for what seems like forever, and that was cut in the trailer.

now it could just be the fact that they don't want to spoil it for those that haven't read the books, but still I'm real bummed about that.

having said that, it looks like Mike Newell might not have completely fucked up these movies, like he did with HBP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...