Yellowcard Reunion!

juice182

And yeah it's kind of obvious that it cuts off early now that you mention it. That was too abrupt of an ending in my opinion.

Thank fuck, I hate fade outs

Wasn't really what I wanted from the first song but yeah I liked it, not bad!

There are songs like that on most of their albums so I wouldn't give up hope of some up beat pop punk stuff yet

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with them trying something new. I'm very much looking forward to this record.

Anyway, spun the track a few more times today, it's a bit of a grower and a bit of interesting lead single choice, but I dig it. Wonder if it'll get any radio play.

1 MINUTE PREVIEWS!

http://www.7digital.com/artist/yellowcard/release/lift-a-sail-1/

Also the release date is officially October 7, so it turned out Ryan didn't lie to my friend when he told her October  :smile:

Early favorite, while I don't like judging by previews, is probably the title track. MSK sounds like it's going to be epic as well.

• Like 1

Wow, they really weren't kidding when they said "no fast songs." This is very different for Yellowcard. I am a fan though. Their last two albums were basically the same thing (though I absolutely loved them both). Makes sense that they'd try something different now. I can't wait to hear the whole album.

Damn that song still had a fade out lol, so shit!!! I'm disappointed in the pace of the songs but it does sound decent at least, I'll be surprised if I like it more than Southern Air but I won't judge too much from the previews

October is a great month for me in music in that case, Smith Street Band and AVA as well as Yellowcard!

I really liked that weird vocal part in Fragile and Dear, and a couple of the songs others mentioned were the stand outs

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good song, the verses are great. They really should have put some crazy violin in the riff and chorus though...

The drums are also so boring in both songs, could even be a drum machine lol. Did that Anberlin guy record with them?

While I'd probably still prefer a more pop punky album full of songs like Southern Air, Ocean Avenue etc, they had done like 5 or 6 albums of that really so it's nice to have a  change. There is a lot of hate on their social networks

They don't even have an official new drummer yet. I hope they'll find someone permanent instead of getting different people to play every tour and on every new record. LP's shoes won't be easy to fill though.

I like the third song too! Probably my least favorite so far of the three, but still good. Can't wait to hear the entire album.