Yellowcard Reunion!

juice182

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlgC4aP_zPc

Here's a youtube video for the 3rd song

Yeah, they really fucked up leaving out the violin so much. Let's hope there is more on the rest of the album. I mean all of these songs could've been made better with some cool violin stuff, I don't really understand why it's been left out

This album is gunna be a grower for me i think. Kind of wish they'd do at least one fast song, it's nice to see them do something different but i'm not a huge fan of the slower stuff and i'm not digging the drums at all either thus far like i said above they all seem like they're on a drum machine.

Yeah they have never been much different but this album focuses on vocals a lot more than usual so I'm noticing them. The violin and drums really take a back seat and the songs are slower all around. Not huge into lyrics luckily so it doesn't spoil the album for me, just something I noticed on first listen

Edit: I think Illuminate is a stand out as well, plus One Bedroom I always liked a fair bit

Still haven't been able to listen to it. Hopefully I'll find some time to later today/tonight.

Edit: Found a neat link for anyone interested. It's a radio interview with This Legend and they play four songs acoustic live on the radio. They come on at around 4:20 or so

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fow.ly%2FC1IlA&h=zAQE-L6dQ

Finally listening! Love what I hear so far! But it really bothers me that when I listen to it on Pandora there are little gaps of silence between the tracks so they don't flow together like they should.

Who's the other singer in The Deepest Well? Doesn't sound like Sean to me.

Edit: After the first listen I'd say my immediate favorite is surprisingly the very last track, "California." Not even quite sure why. But after I finished listening to the album I went right back and listened to that song again two more times.

I really, really like this album. It might not get as much spin time from me as their past two albums (or any of their other albums really) just because I'm not in a mood to listen to mellower music as often as I want to listen to energetic pop-punk, but I can't say I'm disappointed in the direction this album took at all. As long as Yellowcard doesn't completely forget their past in future releases, I will welcome changes like this with open arms. It was about halfway through MSK when the thought came to my head; "wow, this album is really awesome." I'm a big fan for sure. 

• Like 1

Finally listening! Love what I hear so far! But it really bothers me that when I listen to it on Pandora there are little gaps of silence between the tracks so they don't flow together like they should.

Who's the other singer in The Deepest Well? Doesn't sound like Sean to me.

Edit: After the first listen I'd say my immediate favorite is surprisingly the very last track, "California." Not even quite sure why. But after I finished listening to the album I went right back and listened to that song again two more times.

I really, really like this album. It might not get as much spin time from me as their past two albums (or any of their other albums really) just because I'm not in a mood to listen to mellower music as often as I want to listen to energetic pop-punk, but I can't say I'm disappointed in the direction this album took at all. As long as Yellowcard doesn't completely forget their past in future releases, I will welcome changes like this with open arms. It was about halfway through MSK when the thought came to my head; "wow, this album is really awesome." I'm a big fan for sure. 

It's Matty Mullins from Memphis May Fire (who I don't listen to).  The response seems to be polarizing, but in my opinion their voices complement each other well.

To me, at first blush the record is bottom heavy. I like the first five tracks enough, but I have yet to go back and listen to them after hearing the rest of the record. Could just be that I overplayed them the past few weeks.

I usually hate nitpicking tracks but I'm going to do it anyway for the sake of discussion.  Madrid doesn't do much for me, and it ends rather abruptly. Probably would've been a b-side if the record was shorter.  I get what Ryan was going for, but that'll probably be a track I skip most of the time.  As for the title track, I think it could be a very intriguing choice for a single if they wanted to be bold.  That and Illuminate are two of the best tracks they've written in years, along with Southern Air.

Madrid was probably my least favorite track as well. And I definitely feel like I've already listened to the four tracks that they've already released so much that I'd rather just hear the new ones I haven't heard yet. Especially since all four of them come after each other on the album, I can definitely see why (and I agree with you) it's easy to want to skip over those tracks. I felt the same way with Neighborhoods since I had already heard Up All Night, Heart's All Gone, and After Midnight so many times. But, I really like the album a lot!