Yellowcard Reunion!

juice182

I was nervous on the last record cause LP left and i thought he was a huge part of YC also one of my favorite drummers out there. The drums weren't amazing by any means on the last record.

This time around i'm nervous cause they're self-producing. Hope they do a good job but after seeing Blink self produce i'm nervous for this.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Jimmy John said:

I'm pretty sure Avron popped in every now and then, so not too concerned about self-producing. Definitely stoked for this.

hopefully i know he mixed the record. I'm hoping for a heavier sound this time i thought their last record was too soft. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I gotta say it's bugging me that they announced the album title, released art work and tracklist without putting a single out.

Yeah that's actually kind of annoying. I wonder if they're even going to play a new song at Warped Tour or not.

On 6/15/2016 at 6:28 PM, Chewy030 said:

I gotta say it's bugging me that they announced the album title, released art work and tracklist without putting a single out.

Single should be relatively soon. The tracklist and album art leaked, so they just decided to put it all out there early which probably fucked up their promo timeline.

More from Jason:

I think I am most surprised, given the online "fan" reaction I saw to Lift a Sail, how much it actually harkens a little back to that sound. It's slower than I was expecting. It feels like a follow up to that album, with maybe a little more WYTT tossed in. But I don't think I would have been surprised if they would have been like "oh shit let's just do YC as much as we can do YC in how our fans think of what YC is" — and instead this feels very much like a force of conviction to write what they wanted to write. I think that's kinda awesome. 

Good guitar solo in the bridge, cool violin, kinda mid-tempo. I really like the chorus: "If you could go back now, would you say it differently? If there was no one there, would you open up for me? If this was, the last time, that we would ever speak — could we forget somehow, could we let it rest in peace?" 

My first thoughts were "Be The Young" mixed with Lift a Sail. I haven't heard the album yet, but the single definitely putting that in play!

Sound wise it reminds me of LAS. Neal did a good job mixing it.

I always thought "For You and Your Denial" was like the most YC of all YC singles (same with "Fighting"). It was just like, this is what we can do if we want to. This to mean feels more like a "this is who we are now, this is us." I don't think this going to go to radio at all and I think it's more about setting up the album itself. My thoughts are mostly that it makes me really excited to hear the rest of the album, since this is the first track, because I like Yellowcard. A lot. And I really wanna see where they took this one as a whole.

I really do get this vibe of Lift a Sail in the big wave of sound, and that it feels very layered and ... full. The tempo is definitely in that same ballpark as well. It's got this bigger vibe to it that's more like ... something they'd have in the back half of some of their albums compared to the opening track.

I do like it. I've only given it like 5 spins so far I think, but I do enjoy it. I don't think it's my favorite lead song from a YC album, but I don't think it's bad by any means. It gives me a bigger "epic" kind of vibe. Big rock sound.