Yellowcard Reunion!

juice182

I think Paper Walls is probably their best album too. But I don't know if it's my favorite or not. I have a really hard time choosing between Ocean Avenue, Paper Walls, and Lift a Sail. I love them all for different reasons. Whenever I listen to any of those three albums I think "this is definitely my favorite Yellowcard record." But then I listen to another one and I change my mind.

Okay, I love this. Hard to say where it ranks in YC's discography. Definitely not my favorite, but I really, really like it.

This band means so much to me, I'm actually really sad that this is the last new Yellowcard music I'll likely ever hear. Listening to the final track was very bittersweet. What a great ending track for the album though, and a great ending track for their discography, with everything but the violin fading away at the end. It felt perfect.

Early favorites are What Appears and Got Yours. Also, I love Empty Street. The demo of that song came out seven years ago and I've been waiting all this time to hear the final album version. Did not disappoint. Though I've heard the demo so many times, the ending of the song kind of got to me this time because of the repeating "goodbye" lyric. It means something different to me now that Yellowcard really is saying goodbye with this album.

I love this album. I hate that it's only ten tracks. But I'm gonna be listening to this thing for a long time. Very happy/sad about this. Luckily I still get to see them live before they call it quits.

After one listen last night i loved it. I like that there was more "heavier" songs then was on Lift A Sail. I need to listen to it a few more times but after one listen i really liked it. Also i think they made a BAD choice for first and second singles on this record after hearing the rest of it. 

A bit more of a review after a couple of listens.

Rest In Peace- Grown on me a lot since it was released. I REALLY dig the guitar solo. But after hearing the rest of the album it's a bad single choice

What Appears - I really don't care for how it starts out electronic sounding, but then picks up a bit heavier. Solid song. 

Got Yours- This screams classic Yellowcard to me. Nice and fast i LOVE the opening guitar part on this one. 

A Place We Set Afire - Another classic Yellowcard song IMO. I love the drums kicking off then going into the guitar riff. i like how it kicks off heavy but the rest of the song is a bit slower. I'm surprised it took 4 songs in to get a nice Violin solo though.

Leave a light on - The ballad of the album. Not a huge fan at all of this one. Reminds me of the song California from their last record which i didn't like at all. 

The Hurt Is Gone - i really love the strings in this song, those stand out the most to me. Otherwise i also didn't think this was a great "single" choice for them. I also felt like it went on a little longer then it should have.

Empty Street - i love how this blends right in with the end of the hurt is gone. The drum and bass kicking things off is a nice touch. i love the guitar solo in this. I feel like they really stepped their game up on that on this record.

I'm a wrecking ball - I couldn't help but think Miley cyrus when i saw the title of this one..... I actually like the acoustic approach on this one. It also feels to me like a little bit of a country feel to it. I dunno why. 

Savior's Robes - I love how heavy this one kicks off. They definable went a bit more heavy Yellowcard on this record which i love. This is one i hope they play live. 

Fields and Fences - I guess it's fitting they end on a slower song. I like how the first half of the song was slow then it starts to picks up. I love the violin ending on this one. Really got bummed when it came on cause it made you realize that's it. 

Final thoughts - I felt it could of had some more big violin parts in it. The drumming was meh but that hasn't been the same with them since LP left which is what i was worried about when he left in the first place. I really enjoyed this record. I'm really going to miss new music from these guys. Since getting back together in 2010 they've done a GREAT job as far as putting new music every couple of years. It really is sad that they're coming to an end. But i;m happy they actually announced it ahead of time and put out one last record for us. 

If i had to rank their records this would be my order.

1. Paper Walls

2. Ocean Avenue

3. When You're Through Thinking Say Yes

4. Lights and Sounds

5. Southern Air

6. Yellowcard

7. Lift A Sail

8. One for the kids

I agree that this album needs more violin. Listening to it I couldn't help but think that Sean is going to have nothing to do if they play a lot of these songs live (which honestly they might not play many of them).

Yellowcard's reunion was amazing. There hasn't been a dull moment for the band since they got back together. Four new albums, two acoustic albums, and tons of touring. I'm sad they're done, but they're calling it quits in a high note. They didn't slowly die off like a lot of bands do. They reunited with a bang and kept the energy up until the very end. I wish they wouldn't break up, but this was the best way they could have possibly ended things.

• Like 1

the album does not have a lot of violin solos, the violin is more in the background...gives the guitars some cool moments.

this record keeps getting better, the lyrics are both bittersweet and beautiful.

my favorite records change with the season....i think they fit them really well

it's weird....i only listen to ''When You''re Through Thinking, Say Yes'' in the spring.

in the summer i'm mostly playing Southern Air and ocean avenue.

and it seems this is gonna be a ''fall'' record for me