Yellowcard Reunion!

juice182

Those songs were awesome. I think, now, in perspective, that all the whole Big If thing was jist that: a BIG IF. If Yellowcard didn't hapened again, those songs probably would keep on going and Big If would have become a band. But maybe was just that, songs released on a perid in which all was a big if.

I would like those songs become real on Yellowcard, but I don't know. I have the whole demo.

• 2 weeks later...

Yellowcard finished recording their album today!

The last note...

November 8th, 2010 will be the day that I finished recording my 5th full length record with Yellowcard. It was March of 2000 when I was asked to join the band as the new singer. We spent the next couple months working on some songs I had from my band in college, and also writing some new ones. We recorded our first 4 song EP in May and were signed to Lobster Records by July. Somehow I talked the band into moving out to California on a wing and a prayer. I think at that point our biggest goal was to become a main stage band on the Vans Warped Tour. My first full length with the band, One For the Kids came out in February of 2001. I was 21 years old. The next 7 years of my life would take me on the most insane ride I could have ever imagined. In 2008, after 8 straight years on the road and 3 more records under our belts, we decided to take a break. The future of the band was very uncertain at that point. I don't think any of us knew when, if at all, we would be working together again. Two years later we started the conversation about making a new record. I think our first meeting was in February of this year. It was extremely hard to keep it quiet that we were writing songs until August 2nd when we announced that we would be making a new record. Now here we are. The record is finished. The road to this point has been so challenging at times. There have been so many unbelievable moments that exceeding every dream I ever had, and there have been times where I have felt completely lost and thought I would never recover. But Yellowcard has always brought me recovery. There is a feeling of gratefulness that can't really be explained when I think about the fact that when I wake up every day, my job is one that I love. The five of us poured our hearts into this new record. I will always remember the feeling I had when I sang the last note today. I am so proud of us. I am so thankful for all of you and your support which allows us to keep doing this thing that we love so much. Its a few more months before the album comes out, but it will be worth the wait. Thanks for reading. Thanks for everything.

-Ryan

I'm so happy. How come they can finish recording an album within three months of reuniting, but blink-182 has been back together for nearly two years now and we haven't heard a thing?!

Yellowcard finished recording their album today!

The last note...

November 8th, 2010 will be the day that I finished recording my 5th full length record with Yellowcard. It was March of 2000 when I was asked to join the band as the new singer. We spent the next couple months working on some songs I had from my band in college, and also writing some new ones. We recorded our first 4 song EP in May and were signed to Lobster Records by July. Somehow I talked the band into moving out to California on a wing and a prayer. I think at that point our biggest goal was to become a main stage band on the Vans Warped Tour. My first full length with the band, One For the Kids came out in February of 2001. I was 21 years old. The next 7 years of my life would take me on the most insane ride I could have ever imagined. In 2008, after 8 straight years on the road and 3 more records under our belts, we decided to take a break. The future of the band was very uncertain at that point. I don't think any of us knew when, if at all, we would be working together again. Two years later we started the conversation about making a new record. I think our first meeting was in February of this year. It was extremely hard to keep it quiet that we were writing songs until August 2nd when we announced that we would be making a new record. Now here we are. The record is finished. The road to this point has been so challenging at times. There have been so many unbelievable moments that exceeding every dream I ever had, and there have been times where I have felt completely lost and thought I would never recover. But Yellowcard has always brought me recovery. There is a feeling of gratefulness that can't really be explained when I think about the fact that when I wake up every day, my job is one that I love. The five of us poured our hearts into this new record. I will always remember the feeling I had when I sang the last note today. I am so proud of us. I am so thankful for all of you and your support which allows us to keep doing this thing that we love so much. Its a few more months before the album comes out, but it will be worth the wait. Thanks for reading. Thanks for everything.

-Ryan

I'm so happy. How come they can finish recording an album within three months of reuniting, but blink-182 has been back together for nearly two years now and we haven't heard a thing?!

One person to blame : Tom simple as that.

Few more months for this to come out should we expect a Feb or March release then? I know in that one interview Ryan said March, I'm REALLY excited for this album and hopefully they do a US tour after they get back from their UK tour, Next summer should be full of great tours.

Don't do this in here please

Eh, sorry about that. I'm just comparing my two favorite bands.

I'm honestly more excited about the Yellowcard album now, because from the minute they reunited they've been keeping us very updated, with two different sets of studio video blogs, text blogs, Facebook/Twitter updates, etc... And it totally helps that I can listen to "Yellowcard demos" in the form of BIG IF songs.

I can't wait to hear the album. I haven't been so excited for an album in a long time.

Don't do this in here please

Eh, sorry about that. I'm just comparing my two favorite bands.

I'm honestly more excited about the Yellowcard album now, because from the minute they reunited they've been keeping us very updated, with two different sets of studio video blogs, text blogs, Facebook/Twitter updates, etc... And it totally helps that I can listen to "Yellowcard demos" in the form of BIG IF songs.

I can't wait to hear the album. I haven't been so excited for an album in a long time.

Completely agree, and hearing some song clips in their blogs makes me more excited.