Yellowcard Reunion!

juice182

aww. didnt know this band was breaking up. sad. i only ever listened to ocean avenue really, and a select few off the others (awakening was a good song i remember). sad to see they're calling it quits. for a band like this, it hurts because you wonder what the members are going to do after this. i seem to remember some article about the first time they broke up they all had to get menial jobs.

On 6/27/2016 at 1:21 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

LP just shared this super old footage of the band playing at a friends' birthday on Facebook. So cool to watch. Haha. Weird to think this was two years before Ocean Avenue came out. They cover Dammit in the second video!

fuck those are rad.

• Like 2

I know! I feel like old "rare" blink footage is fairly easy to come by, but I don't think I've ever seen such an old video of Yellowcard before. I watched the whole thing. Some great moments in there. Like Sean doing a back flip into the pool during one of their songs. Haha.

Gifts and Curses is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time. Haha. Funny, for about a month I've been thinking of making a music video to it using clips from the Spider-man trilogy.

Ocean Avenue is one of my favorite albums of all time. I'd argue that Paper Walls is probably their best work though.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like i'm  beating a dead horse with this but they're basically playing the same Warped Tour set they played when they were on it two years ago. Outside of two songs it's the same setlist. I'm pretty pissed at these dudes for not even playing the new single that's out. Not really setting the record up for a good future that way IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still pissed they're not playing the new song at warped. Apparently Ryan keeps saying at the shows "we know you guys don't wanna hear new songs"  like really dude? If that's the way your view why fucking do a new record? That's like a slap in the face to your die hard fans that love all your records and not just ocean avenue. 

Also bummed LP ain't joining the final run. Some shit must of gone.

Well to be frank, because it kills the vibe and this band is dead after this. Sad but true. I'm sure they're tired of playing some song nobody's ever heard of seeing everybody's eyes glaze over waiting for the next song. 

5 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Well to be frank, because it kills the vibe and this band is dead after this. Sad but true. I'm sure they're tired of playing some song nobody's ever heard of seeing everybody's eyes glaze over waiting for the next song. 

Still its horrible promotion for the final record. It already just feels like they e phoned it in and don't care about it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Warped today. Last day of the tour. Yellowcard's last Warped set ever. Best part of the day by far. Ryan started tearing up talking about how it was the last time they were ever gonna play at Warped tour. It was so fun. Sucks that Warped Tour doesn't have the main stage bands that play longer than 25 minutes anymore. I'm sure all of us in the crowd would have loved more Yellowcard.

Can't wait to see them on their final world tour. Gonna be so sad when I can't see them live anymore.

• Like 1