The Star Wars Topic

Fishguts182

I think it's funny that Lucas thought Jar Jar would be such a popular character, but once he realized nobody liked him he more or less left him out of Episodes 2 and 3 entirely, save for like 20 seconds of screen time, during which he never acts like the clumsy idiot he was in Episode 1. Thank goodness too. I mean, I don't hate Jar Jar as much as most people, but there was way too much of him in Episode 1.

haha i know right episode 1 hes a total doofus. Then they appoint him to a governement position and hes all good, proper and on screen for limited time. I also didnt like that in episode 1 anakin was so young and that him and padme eventually get together. I think anakin should of been older, woulda made mroe sense in the 2nd and 3rd movie as their relationship evolved.

Yeah the age difference between Anakin and Padme always bugged me too. I guess Padme was supposed to be like 14 in Episode 1 but she seems way older. The other thing I didn't like was how in Episode 1 Anakin was almost too perfect. Like, he was such an amazingly good kid, there was no way he'd ever grow up to become Darth Vader. There's actually a deleted scene where he gets into a fight with a young Greedo and starts beating him up. I always thought they should have kept that, because Anakin didn't do one single thing that hinted of his future in that movie. Plus throwing Greedo in was a cool idea. Haha.

Speaking of scenes that shouldn't have been deleted, I LOVE this deleted scene from Episode 3.

Apparently it was cut to keep the whole focus at the end of the movie on the Skywalkers, but I think they should have kept it.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both of those deleted scenes are good, theres plenty of fan edits out there of star wars. I wish i knew how to do all of that kinda stuff, I'd redit the prequels to my liking taking out certain scenes and adding in certain deleted scenes. Or i wish i could find someone i could pay to do it for me that way i'd like it ya know

• 2 weeks later...

I just got The Force Unleashed II novelization and graphic novel. Not sure what to expect, considering the video game didn't have a great story, especially in comparison to the first game which actually covered a very important part in the Star Wars story, but I enjoyed the first novel so we'll see...

The Best star wars games are Battlefront and KOTOR hands down

The first KOTOR is win. Too bad it's too outdated for me to want to play it again.

I'm stoked about the new MMORPG. I was a pretty big fan of the old one (Galaxies) when it first came out.

Okay, I dunno what you guys think about the show, but the past four episodes of The Clone Wars (the ones right after the mid-season break) were really good. I thought the first half of the season was pretty boring (with the exception of the first two episodes that focused only on that small squad of clones) but I really loved these past four.

STTCW-savage-thumb-580x247-262405.jpg

... basically Darth Maul part 2. Awesome.

ive always seen the Clone Wars tv show as a way for Lucas to milk Star Wars just a little bit more and dumb it down for kids.

on a separate note, i watched the reviews that guy (who someone posted before) did of episode 1 and 2. they are both so good and just nail down everything that is wrong with the prequels.

Is that the Chef Elf reviews of Star Wars?

http://www.chefelf.com/starwars/

Episode 1 and 2 are brilliant but my favorite is the Holiday Special.  His review had me in tears!

The Holiday Special is really really bad, it's difficult to watch as it's just so bad.

I really recommend giving his reviews a read, some of his point's are brilliant:

Reason #6

Qui-Gon's Gross Negligence of the Force

There is a scene where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are blocked from entering the bridge of the ship by blast doors. The Viceroy sees them coming and orders someone to press a button which closes the blast doors. Qui-Gon acts quickly by using his lightsaber to begin cutting away a hole in the door. This goes on for some time and is ultimately unsuccessful. My question is this: Why doesn't he use the force to press the button that would open the doors? Much the same way Luke throws a rock to try to hit a button in Return of the Jedi, Qui-Gon seems to have a brief memory lapse that prevents him from remembering that the Force could easily solve his immediate problems.

I have read this trilogy which is amazing, if you are interested in the original trilogy this carries it on fantastically:

29278-125148-starwarsthrawntrilogyjpg-62

It's by Timothy Zahn, can't recommend them enough!

I also watched the Clone Wars Animated series (not the CGI)and it was good but General Grevius was made to be a total bad ass and then in Episode 3 he's just shit lol.

yeah Plinkett makes a joke about that scene at the beginning of Episode 1. about how they fill the room with gas and how Qui-Gonn immediately knows what it is. and how the Viceroy is stupid because not only are they going off of the hunch of a protocol droid that the two people in the room are Jedi but after they gas them they wait about 2 minutes and open the room full of poisonous gas. he said if you think Jedi are in the room, leave the door shut for four hours!

I have read this trilogy which is amazing, if you are interested in the original trilogy this carries it on fantastically:

29278-125148-starwarsthrawntrilogyjpg-62

It's by Timothy Zahn, can't recommend them enough!

I recently got all three of those books. Can't wait to read them!

I was just talking to some friends the other day about how one of my all time favorite books is this one:

250px-Shatterpoint_PB.jpg

I'm not as big of a fan of Clone Wars era stuff, but Mace Windu is one of my favorite characters, and this book makes him even more badass then the movies do.

It's even better if you read this one after it:

250px-Shadows_of_Mindor_cover.jpg

It's not exactly a sequel, since it takes place in a completely different time period with an entirely different cast of characters, but they tie in to each other A LOT. Easily two of my favorite books.

And yes, the Holiday Special is horrible. I had always heard it was really bad, but I watched it expecting it to be so bad it's funny. Nope. It's so bad it's just BAD. It really was painful to watch. Now I want to check out that review! Haha.

something i was thinking about when i should've been paying attn in class today:

obi wan refers to anakin saying he's "like his brother" but anakin refers to obi wan saying, "he's like my father"

any thoughts on this? i think it's an interesting relationship the way they see things differently