The Star Wars Topic

Fishguts182

in Plinketts review he makes reference to the beginning of A New Hope when Obi-Wan is reminiscing about Anakin how he was a "good friend". then he shows scene after scene from the prequels showing how Obi-Wan was always mad at Anakin, angry with him, how he repeatedly talks bad about Anakin to the Council, glaring at him when he gets elected to the Council.. its like at what point was Anakin considered a good friend to Obi-Wan? it seems like Obi-Wan didnt like him half the time and he was only training him because he promised Qui-Gonn he would.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in Plinketts review he makes reference to the beginning of A New Hope when Obi-Wan is reminiscing about Anakin how he was a "good friend". then he shows scene after scene from the prequels showing how Obi-Wan was always mad at Anakin, angry with him, how he repeatedly talks bad about Anakin to the Council, glaring at him when he gets elected to the Council.. its like at what point was Anakin considered a good friend to Obi-Wan? it seems like Obi-Wan didnt like him half the time and he was only training him because he promised Qui-Gonn he would.

Haha, yeah. That review was pretty hilarious, and it brought up tons of great points. Except even though they were always kind of arguing, I still got the feeling they were good friends. What about at the end of Episode III when Obi-wan said "You were my brother Anakin! I loved you!"

Haha, yeah. That review was pretty hilarious, and it brought up tons of great points. Except even though they were always kind of arguing, I still got the feeling they were good friends. What about at the end of Episode III when Obi-wan said "You were my brother Anakin! I loved you!"

he talks about that too. he points out that unlike in the original trilogy there is absolutely no character development. we sympathized for the characters because we saw Luke grow into a Jedi and we saw Han and Leia fall in love.

the only evidence of Obi-Wan and Anakins relationship is implied but never seen. like at the beginning of Attack of the Clones they joke about getting out of a nest of creatures, but we never see that its just implied and we are supposed to accept that they are good friends and move on.

People are waaaay too critical of the prequels. Sure, the first half of AOTC sucks, but aside from that, the prequels are pretty similar to the OT. They each suffer from a lot of the same problems (in the eyes of critics), one set just happened to carry about a million times the hype so it was destined to fail in the eyes of some.

The prequels were a major success in the box office and kids really liked them. The only difference is that the people who loved the OT have grown up.

It would be like blink releasing another EOTS 20 years later. The people who loved it then just aren't going to get as much out of it anymore because they have matured.

People are waaaay too critical of the prequels. Sure, the first half of AOTC sucks, but aside from that, the prequels are pretty similar to the OT. They each suffer from a lot of the same problems (in the eyes of critics), one set just happened to carry about a million times the hype so it was destined to fail in the eyes of some.

The prequels were a major success in the box office and kids really liked them. The only difference is that the people who loved the OT have grown up.

It would be like blink releasing another EOTS 20 years later. The people who loved it then just aren't going to get as much out of it anymore because they have matured.

wrong. The original movies are great solid films with interesting characters and events. The new trilogy is just a cluster fuck of cgi and product placement

wrong. The original movies are great solid films with interesting characters and events. The new trilogy is just a cluster fuck of cgi and product placement

haha product placement? please explain.

It was full of Star Wars stuff so people would buy Star Wars stuff!

yeah but it was all stuff borrowed from the original trilogy (Jango Fett, Clone troopers, Chewbacca, etc) and when they did try to make up new stuff it was fucking horrible, (Jar Jar Binks)

I agree, I can understand the point you are making Ghent, I look back at some of the teen films I seen years ago and can't believe I liked them but a good film is a good film 20 years later.

I like the original trilogy, I seen that when I was about 13, I only had to wait 2 years before Episode 1 came out.  It was not as good as the others and I didn't have half the expectation of everyone else.

Episode 1 is actually the one I like the most, AOTC is one of the worst films I have ever seen.

The only good thing about it is Portman's nipples.

the kid playing darth vader is 6 years old, he was born with a heart problem and when he was 3 months old had open heart surgery and had a pacemaker put in. He was here in NY recently and went to broadway and got to meet James Earl Jones. it was on the news last night, commercial makes me smile =)