The Star Wars Topic

Fishguts182

I like the movies, but that fag anakin totally destroyed darth vader. God his acting sucks. In ROTS, I was so glad he was burning his ass off at the end of the movie. But then he totally ruined the scene by screaming the most unconvincing "I HATE YOU!!!" ever.

I hear ya i really think they could of done a better job at casting anakin.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many may not agree with this, but freakin Leonardo DiCaprio auditioned for Anakin Skywalker...Would have been perfect imo.

With that said, I think Episode 2 is the only true disappointment out of the prequels. Episode 1 was meant to be a kids movie. It was supposed to be fun and low on drama, and I think time will say that it served its purpose. I still enjoy watching it. Episode 3 is amazing. But Hayden Christiansen (sp) ruins the first half of Episode 2. The love story is so boring and unconvincing that it ruins the entire movie.

.... Wat. Why did they not fucking cast Dicap?

Probably because Lucas is into casting unknowns so they don't distract from his story. But who knows. Ryan Phillippe also auditioned and made it to the final few.

Many may not agree with this, but freakin Leonardo DiCaprio auditioned for Anakin Skywalker...Would have been perfect imo.

With that said, I think Episode 2 is the only true disappointment out of the prequels. Episode 1 was meant to be a kids movie. It was supposed to be fun and low on drama, and I think time will say that it served its purpose. I still enjoy watching it. Episode 3 is amazing. But Hayden Christiansen (sp) ruins the first half of Episode 2. The love story is so boring and unconvincing that it ruins the entire movie.

Phantom Menace is easily my favorite just because I remember how excited/exciting I/it was. I was eight at the time and had just seen the originals not too long before they announced TPM. I was already a huge Star Wars dork and with all the promo and stuff of TPM just made me an even bigger one. I still play the Playstation video game.

Phantom Menace is easily my favorite just because I remember how excited/exciting I/it was. I was eight at the time and had just seen the originals not too long before they announced TPM. I was already a huge Star Wars dork and with all the promo and stuff of TPM just made me an even bigger one. I still play the Playstation video game.

I think I was in 6th grade. Probably the most exciting time of my childhood. I collected all the promo toys from Taco Bell and Pizza Hut...Saw the damn movie EIGHT times in theater. I liked Episode 2 when it first came out, but it was probably mainly because of the Yoda scene at the end and how excited I was for it.

Seriously, I remember being in elementary school when I saw AOTC and even back then I knew that Count Dooku was a retarded name for a villain.  The only redeeming qualities in that movie were the scene when they were in the coliseum battling those 3 huge beasts and when Yoda goes into ninja Jedi mode. 

My thoughts on the prequels.

Episode 1: Saw it when I was 11. Thought it was simple and fun. But I was dissapointed.  Watched it 3 years later and really found to be boring. Remember trying to collect all the token pieces from Taco Bell.

Episode II: Didn't even bother going to the movies. Got it on DVD for Christmas and thought it was boring, okay at best. Still don't remember what it was about.

Episode III: Saw it in theaters. Fell asleep. Saw it TV a few years later, it was decent. Evidently the other ones being as shitty as they were, made it seem great. Yoda's fight scene was akward and silly.

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't care that much for Star Wars. I mean, I loved the original movies, but I never was that into them.

For what?

A few deleted scenes that George Lucas decided to hold over so he could get his fanboys to buy his movie (again)?

I actually waited off from buying the DVDs a few years back because I heard he would probably do this.  And here we are.