What do you think is the greatest gaming franchise?

M!ke

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelda, hands down.

Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever. A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening were REALLY tough games for me when I was younger. I'm not sure if they would be so hard if I played them again, but damn they were hard when I was little. I felt like a fucking badass when I beat those two games.

The problem with Zelda is that it's getting hard for them to release fresh feeling material. The old tricks are a lot more obvious now than they were back in the day. Or maybe I'm just older so it's easier..Not sure.

Love the franchise though. One of the most "intelligent" games ever released.

Yeah, and Nintendo refuses to conform to Western gaming features like voice acting.  The new Zelda isn't going to have voice overs, pretty lame.

Halo has my fanboy vote right now, best FPS series of all time.  This is coming from a Half Life fan too (if Half Life had a bigger catologue then it would be the best FPS series).

Yeah, and Nintendo refuses to conform to Western gaming features like voice acting.  The new Zelda isn't going to have voice overs, pretty lame.

Halo has my fanboy vote right now, best FPS series of all time.  This is coming from a Half Life fan too (if Half Life had a bigger catologue then it would be the best FPS series).

In short. Nobody wants to hear Link speak.

Also, Sonic hasn't had a great game since the 90s.

Not true, look at Mario Sunshine (a reason why that series should stay away from voice acting) and Metroid: Other M (a reason why that series should stay with voice acting).  I've got a feeling Skyward Sword will be the first Zelda to have voice acting (there has been no confirmation either way on that subject, so I don't know why you're so sure it wont have any), I could be wrong though, it is a bit difficult when the main character doesn't talk, but hey, it worked in GTA 3.

I imagine Link sounding like a little pussy. I don't want to actually hear that.

I imagine Link sounding like a little pussy. I don't want to actually hear that.

Or just not Link. Remember the Cartoon Zelda? WELL EXCUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS.

Sonic Heroes was ok at best. Nothing great.

Sonic Heroes was terrible.  Last good Sonic games were the Sonic Advance series.  Though I haven't played the Rush series on the DS which are both supposed to be like advance but better.  But the last good 3d one would have to be Adventure 2.  Colors and 4 look pretty awesome though.