Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 6

M!ke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess buy in other episodes I've noticed different beers they all seem to be drinking.  Honestly if you could get extra money for drinking coors would you take it?

exactly, in the older episodes they would all drink different beers.  Now they're all drinking coors at the same time and junk, its just disappointing.  I get that its more money or whatever, its just that this shows pilot was shot for less than 80 dollars and it became a tv show.  It proved that money was not the tool necessary to make a brilliant tv show, and thats why this blatant product placement is a bit annoying/disappointing to me.

Coors was in past episodes too.

Oh and from Glenn Howerton's twitter:

Would most folks rather us drink cans of beer that say "BEER" on it on Sunny or get paid by COORS to make a good show that people like.

I think it makes the show WORSE to drink generic beer and eat in generic restaurants. It screams fake.

As far as us selling out: we sold out the second we decided to do TV show. And now we're FINALLY getting paid to do it. I'm ok with that

So shut the fuck about prod. placement. It's industry standard & it's not up to us anyway. Plus it keeps the show u all like on the air

One last thing. The vast majority of the time shows are begging for the RIGHT to use a product so they don't have to use generic shit.

They aren't getting paid DICK. They're just trying to make a better show.

last night's episode was so fucking bomb, and all the callbacks to past episodes were great (Rickity Cricket, Ben (the military guy), The Waitress, and the duster).  But my god, just how much these guys have ruined Cricket's life, just look at when we first met him, and him now.

But yeah, fucking hilarious episode.