Fifa 11 Pes2011 demos

dildo69er

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like some fanboy comments are appearing here, i was an avid pro evo fan up until 05 and then pro evo fell of the edge and defo became utter shit. so i've switched to fifa and it is amazing.....however pro evo 11 is very good indeed. only bad things in the game are the menus are shit, the goalnets look like goals from the 80s or summin. the gameplay is spot on and the graphics are pretty much on par with fifa......

i'll still be buying fifa 11 but pro evo is pretty much on par with fifa in terms of gameplay

I bought Fifa last night.  It is a good game don't get me wrong but the graphics on Pro Evo are better and I prefer the passing.  The great thing about Fifa is you can pick up and play it without ever playing a football game before whereas Pro Evo is more rewarding with time.  Both are good at what they do but Pro Evo's problems are they fucked over a lot of people the last 3 years and also the fact it isn't pick up and play, people trying it out after playing Fifa will just struggle and not enjoy it.

I haven't been online yet with Fifa, is the 11 V 11 still as crazy as it was last year?

I bought Fifa last night.  It is a good game don't get me wrong but the graphics on Pro Evo are better and I prefer the passing.  The great thing about Fifa is you can pick up and play it without ever playing a football game before whereas Pro Evo is more rewarding with time.  Both are good at what they do but Pro Evo's problems are they fucked over a lot of people the last 3 years and also the fact it isn't pick up and play, people trying it out after playing Fifa will just struggle and not enjoy it.

I haven't been online yet with Fifa, is the 11 V 11 still as crazy as it was last year?

the graphics aren't better, they are about the same, if anything pro evo has a lot of problem with colour which makes the graphics look poor compared to fifa.

also 2 of my mates a still pro evo players and i think pro evo is piss easy....they're good pro evo players and they can never beat me, an i'm a pretty average fifa player aswell.

Well I play manual shooting/crossing with semi assisted passing and through balls which gives the game a more authentic rewarding feel, it's vastly superior to PES in pretty much everyway, the party modes PES have put in shows how desperate they are this year.

Anyone else do manual? it takes quite a while to get used too but is so rewarding when you pull off a great finish, can score some really cool unique goals that you'd never score with assisted shootuing as well.

very happy with fifa but the one thing that does bother me each year is the lack of depth in manager mode, eg including stuff like stadium upgrades for if you work a team up through from the bottom or career stats so you can compare players nowadays to past legends during and at the end of their careers, other than that the gameplay is brilliant

I've bought Fifa for the first time since 97 this year and I'm pretty happy about it. After being a Pro-fan for years I "converted" last year. The main reason for this is that my club got relegated and one of the biggest pleasures I take from a footygame is to control your own team. The game was also alot better than PES2010 which was so stiff and undynamic. I declared PES dead and went on.

However, this years PES seems very promising and there are certain elements that are superior to FIFA such as Passing, shooting and crosses. Fifa crosses last year was a joke and the physics of the ball reminded me of a beach ball. This being said, the crosses have been greatly improved this year. From the PES-demo, there are elements that have always annoyed me to large extent the last years, but alot of them have been removed. At times PES feels so much better than FIFA, it|s hard to explain, but when you get the play going it seems more like YOU are doing this rather than Fifa's more automaticly determinated gameplay. But all pros and cons counted, Fifa comes out as winners, for the second time in a row for me. But I'm stoked to see that Konami have finally gotten their shit together and are on the right track to fight back. Because when they'll correct the obvious fuckups, there's no doubt in my mind which game produces the right football.

Edit: A norwegian review put words on my thoughts:

The ball physics are slightly more spectacular in the Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 with more firepower in the passing, crossing and shooting. I just do not get the same good feeling of beating a hard cross into the box or to squeeze off shots from distance in FIFA 11. It may well be something with the aspect ratio between the pitch and the players on the pitch in the two football games. I have some feeling of playing on a 7-player-field with eleven men in FIFA 11. PES 2011 on the other hand are working as a convincing full sized pitch. There is more room to play, passing, pace is better balanced and the goal is greater with goalnet-physics that makes it oh so satisfying to pound the ball behind the goalkeeper.