Make a superband involving Hoppus and Barker.

Meltdown Tracker

Completely hypothetical situation, but fuck it.

Let's say that Tom wants to do an AvA album between every Blink album, and tour that album.  That leaves a huge void for Mark and Travis to spend doing something else.  +44 seems like it's done with now, so let's make a supergroup.

I would love to see a band consisting of Tim Armstrong, Mark Hoppus, and Travis Barker.  It makes some sense because of the relationship between Tim and Travis in The Transplants and Boxcar Racer.  Would definitely be interesting to hear this trio.

Another one, which is FAR less likely, is Robert Smith joining Mark and Travis.  That would be unbelievably badass, but to my knowledge he does not play guitar, so there would be another opening for someone else.  I only made this connection because Robert Smith had a bit of involvement with Blink in All Of This (playing it live with them once too), and that Mark has always been a huge Cure fan.  Very doubtful, but it would have a unique sound for sure.

If the new Sum 41 album bombs (which is likely) maybe see Deryk with Mark and Travis, that would be pretty interesting as well.  Throw in Brown Sound and we're set.

• Like 1

Why make another 3 piece band with Mark and Travis? Why not just stick with blink-182?

If AvA is going to be as dominant as it was post-North American tour, Mark and Travis will have plenty of free time.  I know Mark will be busy with his show, but there may still be time for a band as well.  You don't have to make a three piece band, it can consist of however many people you want. 

Why make another 3 piece band with Mark and Travis? Why not just stick with blink-182?

If AvA is going to be as dominant as it was post-North American tour, Mark and Travis will have plenty of free time.  I know Mark will be busy with his show, but there may still be time for a band as well.  You don't have to make a three piece band, it can consist of however many people you want. 

AvA was dominant after the Blink tour because they were already working on their new album and that stupid movie that they claim to be finally finished. Honestly, I expect that new AvA movie to come out, bomb terribly, them do one last tour in Europe, and be done for a while. I don't think there's going to be much time for anything when their first album in 8 years finally comes out.

AvA was dominant after the Blink tour because they were already working on their new album and that stupid movie that they claim to be finally finished. Honestly, I expect that new AvA movie to come out, bomb terribly, them do one last tour in Europe, and be done for a while. I don't think there's going to be much time for anything when their first album in 8 years finally comes out.

I hope, for everyone's sake, that you're right.

He's not saying it's realistic, it's just a thought.

Throw in the guy from Manchester Orcastra, that'd be interesting.

Robert Smith does play guitar!!

I think Kele Okereke (bloc party) and Deryck (Sum 41) would be excellent bandmates for mark and travis.

What I also think would be interesting: Dexter Holland (The Offspring), Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) and Josh Homme (qotsa, kyuss, I am especially curious about this collaboration!!).

Now I think about it, what would even be better: add those artist together with mark, travis AND tom. ive always wondered how blink would sound with 2 guitarists.

No not Deryck :D he is so selfish when it comes to recording since Dave Brownsound ain't in the band anymore. He reminds me alot of AvA Tom when it comes to recording ava-wise. Still I love Sum41 cause they seem more to the ground than most other popular poppunk bands

Hayley Williams from Paramore. don't hate me  :-P

Think her and Marks voice would be pretty sexual together, i know she doesn't play guitar (I don't think) but she'd have to learn.

Wow, at first I thought, "stupid idea", but then I realized how much I love Mark's voice with Carol's in +44. Mark with a girl is awesome. And Hayley is one of my favorites.

Hayley Williams from Paramore. don't hate me  :-P

Think her and Marks voice would be pretty sexual together, i know she doesn't play guitar (I don't think) but she'd have to learn.

Wow, at first I thought, "stupid idea", but then I realized how much I love Mark's voice with Carol's in +44. Mark with a girl is awesome. And Hayley is one of my favorites.

That was my thinking behind it, it would be different anyway.