The Dark Knight Rises

Fishguts182

welp. just watched it. here are some thoughts/questions:

anne hathaway didn't ruin the movie for me; however she wasn't bad nor good. i feel like they could have chosen someone better or really just made the movie without cat woman. honestly, her style was wayyy similar to michelle pfeiffer's in batman returns (still my favorite live-action batman film). but yeah, she didn't really ruin anything for me.

bane wasn't as crowd pleasing as heath ledger's joker, but his character was a way bigger threat. being more of a terrorist rather than a  successful local criminal took shit to the next level. did anyone else think his death was really lame? would have been better if batman killed him...but it has been made pretty clear that nolan's batman doesn't kill

one thing i don't really like about this trilogy is how Batman Begins really stands out from the sequels, in a bad way. they chose a really weak villain and the overall quality of special effects just does not match its follow-ups. everything in TDK and TDKR looks so real; whereas, Batman Begins has a lot of really poor CGI that just annoyed me. they should attempt to touch it up or fix it for a trilogy box set. also, these movies don't really have any lasting value with me. i just can't watch them more than two times without getting bored of it simply because the suspense is no longer there.

now on to the ending...

Robin. Does anyone think this will mean a trilogy of Robin movies? i mean can not see them doing any Batman & Robin films or anything with Robin by himself. i also can't really see JGL playing a superhero. he's one of my favorite actors, but if Robin movies are made and they suck it would totally ruin him. either way, i don't see any of the above happening. ending the trilogy the way they did was fine. no need to pick it up from there; however, making some sort of Batman Beyond film taking place 15-20 years later would be awesome.

EDIT: Eva Green should have played Catwoman.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very good, so don't let what I say make it seem like I didn't like it. But it had its flaws. It wasn't even close to being as good as the Dark Knight but maybe comparing the two are unfair, because it was a totally different movie.

Major spoilers.

Here the things that I thought were kind of "eh".

1) The Bane character just wasn't that interesting. Nowhere near The Joker. I even preferred Scarecrow in the first movie a lot more.  I couldn't understand much of what Bane said and I hated how they (killed?) him at the end. It just wasn't good.

2) The ending was so contrived. Batman dies, they have the little grave crying scene and then he is alive. It was so Hollywood and so obvious.

3) The twist with bane that it wasn't really him that climbed the wall but that girl, didn't really interest me because they ddn't really develope her character.

4) The plot was very messy and a bit confusing at the start of the movie, but it did come together.

That aside, it was good. It wasn't TDK, but I don't think it could have been. It was just as good as the first movie.

Definitely the worst of the three movies, doesn't mean it was bad, but it just didn't live up to the second one or even the first one for that matter.  And its not because if any one reason, its just a lot of little things bothered me, oh and the pacing.

But right now, I'm just shocked by what has happened at that Colorado showing... What the fuck is wrong with people?  How canpeople do such awful shit?

Amazing movie. Loved it and the trilogy as a whole just awesome. No gripes or problems with it, was able to understand Bane perfectly fine as well. And he was so damn BRUTAL.

The first fight scene with Bats was so fucking epic and intense. No music, just Bane fucking absolutely crushing him. And the great back break homeage to Knightfall had me smiling and clenching my fist in a fuck yes!

Love Anne as catwoman, loved everything basically. I also am a spoilers guy so I knew the whole movie already about a week ago. Loveeeeee.

bane would have been more interesting if he had more time on the screen. pretty much all of his lines were already shown in the trailer. the same thing happened with the joker, there just wasn't enough of him. Bruce Wayne's life in this trilogy just isn't interesting enough to take up time which could have been used for the villains. how many more times were they going to take up a half hour of Bruce moping about Rachel?

I loved the first fight scene. So epic. Bane is a BOSS in this movie.

Did anyone notice Scarecrow as the judge? I thought that was pretty cool. I loved the part where Bane breaks Batman's spine like in the comics.

Hell yeah Bane was not fucking around in this movie.

Best trilogy since Star Wars. Fantastic. Couple of muddled plot bits especially near the end

bane and cat woman at the end...just wasn't satisfied with that. I liked the batman knew his weakness and was going to beat him.

I don't think it can be compared to the dark knight as it's a continuation in the series, not meant to compete with it. But I did agree with the reason they never gave a back story to the Joker. Tt made him more terrifying, because there was no obvious weakness or vulnerability, and he just seemed to want to cause chaos and watch shit go mental, whereas with Bane everything seemed a little more political.

Still, I loved it. Great, fitting ending.