The Dark Knight Rises

Fishguts182

I am shocked that people would think this comes anywhere near the second movie.

IMO the Bane character doesn't come anywhere near the Joker charater in terms of interest and overall personality. I mean compare the opening scene of TDK to the opening scene to TDKR. It isn't even close. Despite the cool shots of the plane coming apart in TDKR, the whole thing was rushed and I didn't understand what was really going on. I didn't uerstand what Bane was saying and the whole thing was very rushed (as was the entire movie). It was like trying to wrap up 10 different story lines in 10 minutes.

The joker is such a great villian. I think he is better than batman in terms of character, and heath ledger owned that character. The fact that he past away prior to the movie coming out and his death was partially to blame on the movie itself makes it all the more creepy. TDK IMO was a once in a lifetime movie.

There may have been elements of this movie that were better. But overall I was a bit disappointed. It didn't live up to the hype. Batman is great no matter what but this one didn't leave that lasting impression on me.

When Bane said "What a lovely singing voice" at the football stadium that was what the Joker was like the entire movie. You know a character is a bore when the only personality moment he has is a ripoff of another character.

I don't think that was in anyway trying to rip off the Joker.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Bane's voice was really bad, I'd have liked to hear how it originally sounded, even if it was harder to understand.

also, robin had never had the actual name of Robin, which I found both annoying and lame.  And the idea that somehow Batman, got the bomb 6 miles from Gotham, managed to somehow drop it, and then get 6 miles away from that spot in under 2 minutes seemed a bit ridiculous, and the "twist"at the end was weak, if they spent more time acknowledging the girl who was what's his name's daughter, it could have been more effective.  Lots of the race against the clock storyline felt lame and like something I've seen before, also cat woman seemed completely unnecessary in this movie.  All that mixed with how slow the movie progressed, had led me to feel a bit disappointed in this movie.  Its nowhere near as good as the second film, or even the first one for that matter (which definitely had its own flaws, but I still enjoyed it more.

Quite honestly, if I were to rank the super hero movies this summer from what I liked most to the least, it matches the release order:

1: The Avengers

2: The Amazing Spiderman

3. The Dark Knight Rises

I'm not trying to troll, but yes,I seriously liked Spiderman more, and I wasn't even looking forward to that relaunch. 

I guess I worded that wrong, I didn't mean he was trying to mimic the Joker. What I was saying was that is the type of thing the Joker would have said in that situation and it was one of the few times I felt Bane had a personality.

I just felt with the mask on, and the voice that felt liked it was "tracked into" the movie via a megaphone is a echoed room, I just didn't get a read of him as a villain at all.

I know it wasn't meant this way, but I think in my mind that Batman died at the end. The whole scene that Alfred had with seeing him was played earlier in the movie in the same exact place but with a different person. Did it really happen again? How did he eject 6 miles out and manage to get back in? Especially after sustaining a knife wound.

I guess I worded that wrong, I didn't mean he was trying to mimic the Joker. What I was saying was that is the type of thing the Joker would have said in that situation and it was one of the few times I felt Bane had a personality.

I just felt with the mask on, and the voice that felt liked it was "tracked into" the movie via a megaphone is a echoed room, I just didn't get a read of him as a villain at all.

I know it wasn't meant this way, but I think in my mind that Batman died at the end. The whole scene that Alfred had with seeing him was played earlier in the movie in the same exact place but with a different person. Did it really happen again? How did he eject 6 miles out and manage to get back in? Especially after sustaining a knife wound.

i agree with pretty much everything you said in your post before. was a good film but went away feeling disappointed as it was no where near as good as the previous 2. didn't really have you on the edge of your seat like the second did

near the end there was one bit where freeman was told that bruce fixed it weeks ago. i missed what it was but wasn't sure if he was on about the auto pilot. i think he died though and alfred was just day dreaming it like he said earlier in the film

i agree with pretty much everything you said in your post before. was a good film but went away feeling disappointed as it was no where near as good as the previous 2. didn't really have you on the edge of your seat like the second did

near the end there was one bit where freeman was told that bruce fixed it weeks ago. i missed what it was but wasn't sure if he was on about the auto pilot. i think he died though and alfred was just day dreaming it like he said earlier in the film

If Alfred was daydreaming it, then why would he daydream Bruce with Selina Kyles? If I remember correctly, the only time Bruce talks about Selina with Alfred was when he was telling him how she stole his pearls. If he was daydreaming, he'd be with Rachel.

I think a better ending would have been the same scene with Alfred at the cafe, and the camera is moving closer and closer to his face until he sees something, smiles a little and nods. So basically the same scene but without showing Bruce Wayne. More subtle, I think.

If Alfred was daydreaming it, then why would he daydream Bruce with Selina Kyles? If I remember correctly, the only time Bruce talks about Selina with Alfred was when he was telling him how she stole his pearls. If he was daydreaming, he'd be with Rachel.

I think a better ending would have been the same scene with Alfred at the cafe, and the camera is moving closer and closer to his face until he sees something, smiles a little and nods. So basically the same scene but without showing Bruce Wayne. More subtle, I think.

That would basically be how inception ended.  Which would be a better ending if you ask me.

Yeah, Bane's voice was really bad, I'd have liked to hear how it originally sounded, even if it was harder to understand.

also, robin had never had the actual name of Robin, which I found both annoying and lame.  And the idea that somehow Batman, got the bomb 6 miles from Gotham, managed to somehow drop it, and then get 6 miles away from that spot in under 2 minutes seemed a bit ridiculous, and the "twist"at the end was weak, if they spent more time acknowledging the girl who was what's his name's daughter, it could have been more effective.  Lots of the race against the clock storyline felt lame and like something I've seen before, also cat woman seemed completely unnecessary in this movie.  All that mixed with how slow the movie progressed, had led me to feel a bit disappointed in this movie.  Its nowhere near as good as the second film, or even the first one for that matter (which definitely had its own flaws, but I still enjoyed it more.

Quite honestly, if I were to rank the super hero movies this summer from what I liked most to the least, it matches the release order:

3. The Dark Knight Rises

I'm not trying to troll, but yes,I seriously liked Spiderman more, and I wasn't even looking forward to that relaunch.

im guessing you were high when they mentioned the plane had auto pilot lol...he wasnt in there he set it to auto pilot in that direction and bailed.

also Avengers was awesome, the 2nd half in particular but yeah

dark knight rises was good, but not as good as 1 or 2. Also spiderman was pretty sucky these are my opinions though back to batman.

I think the character of Batman wasnt in it enough!

They probably had to say Robin because a lot of people wouldn't know who Dick Grayson is.

then fuck them! i was honestly thinking when they said use your real name they were going to say Mr McGinnis. That would of made the ending better for me as Robin is a total sidekick not a replacement.

They probably had to say Robin because a lot of people wouldn't know who Dick Grayson is.

then fuck them! i was honestly thinking when they said use your real name they were going to say Mr McGinnis. That would of made the ending better for me as Robin is a total sidekick not a replacement.

That's what I was thinking, Robin isn't a replacement but they acted like he is... Plus Robin is a gay name for a man

3. The Dark Knight Rises

im guessing you were high when they mentioned the plane had auto pilot lol...he wasnt in there he set it to auto pilot in that direction and bailed.

also Avengers was awesome, the 2nd half in particular but yeah

dark knight rises was good, but not as good as 1 or 2. Also spiderman was pretty sucky these are my opinions though back to batman.

I think the character of Batman wasnt in it enough!

Went sober, didn't Morgan Freeman say the auto pilot want working or was never actually installed?

Also,I don't miss stuff in movies when I'm high, in fact I tend to notice things I typically don't notice when I watch movies sober.  I know some people have trouble concentrating, but really I become more aware, which is particularly great when listening to music or watching TV/movies.

he did say that, but in the end that guy tells fox that there was a software patch installed and that the auto pilot was fixed. and he said it was authorized by Bruce Wayne

Damn, I did miss that, probably cuz I wasn't high lol.  Still...

He's going to trust the auto pilot which he hasn't even tested yet with a nuclear bomb, and ensuring it gets 6 miles away from all human civilization?  That almost seems worse than what I had thought to be unrealistic.

DC is trying to go for mass appeal. Batman has become a huge franchise that is reaching out to non comic book fans.

I hope they make him Robin in the sequel then turn him into Nightwing at the end of that movie. It has potential to start an epic new Nightwing trilogy.

he did say that, but in the end that guy tells fox that there was a software patch installed and that the auto pilot was fixed. and he said it was authorized by Bruce Wayne

Damn, I did miss that, probably cuz I wasn't high lol.  Still...

He's going to trust the auto pilot which he hasn't even tested yet with a nuclear bomb, and ensuring it gets 6 miles away from all human civilization?  That almost seems worse than what I had thought to be unrealistic.

it said the change was done like 6 weeks ago or smoething along them lines, so i assumed it was tested.