The Dark Knight Rises

Fishguts182

No one has even mentioned the ridiculousness of the device that completely erases someone's past... That simply can't exist, the internet alone can't be rewritten like that, yet Batman seemed to imply that device indeed exists.  Why didn't she just run off and start a new identity instead?

I thought it was a program that would essentially hack into the police system and erase all her criminal history. Not erase her life history but just her dirty record, so she could start back life again as Selina Kyle without having to hide... That was my impression of it.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Catwoman know how to drive Batman's bike?

hes batman its probably the easiest thing to drive, his technology is way advanced

...because it's technologically advanced, doesn't make it simple. Plus why would he want people to be able to use his machines besides him?

Why did whatserface sleep with Bruce Wayne if she knew he was batman?

she slept with him so she can gain his trust

Again, why? He killed her father, why fucking sleep with him? That's bizarre and makes no sense.

Why ravage a city because your father was killed by batman if you has a huge disagreement with him? Huh?

carrying on her fathers legacy was more important then anything

...but she let Bane be part of her group. Something her father was against.

Did Batman walk home from the desert?

hes a billionaire, as catwoman said "even the rich dont get poor" he has resources still even if he was broke.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you can sprout wings and fly home on nothing but the clothes on your back.

How did batman survive a nuclear blast? How did he get it that far that quickly? Wouldn't he have to be traveling 250 miles an hour to make it six miles from Gothan in under 2 minutes or something?

auto pilot, just cause they showed him in, he prob ejected way before. 

....again, even if he ejected it's a fucking nuclear blast. It's trillions of heat. I doubt Gotham could survive it even six miles away let alone batman somehow getting away (again, he would have to be able to get away and outrun the blast). Also, it would have to travel 250 miles per hour just to get that far. Speaking from somebody is a English major who doesn't give a shit about math, it's such a glaring mistake.

Why did batman keep trusting catwoman over and over and over? Is he that dumb?

obviously he was that smart...Bruce Wayne has a keen sense of peoples personality and character, Gordon being a good example

He didn't before. Over and over. It's like, "I know you left me for dead, betrayed me, stole from me, lied, etc. But we cool, we cool." Batman is just not that dumb.

Why do they instantly fall in love after spending maybe 10 minutes together in the past few months? Guess he got over Rachel....

did you see her in the leather suit? you would fall in love too

. . . . . . . but for a guy to be so head over heels in love with Rachel. To live 8 years in exile from grief of her death, to just suddenly fall in love with a woman, again who lied, betrayed, him. It just makes no sense other than "batman needs a bitch to fuck".

Man wasn't that score exhausting? It never let up.

Why the fuck did that guy tell the kids they couldn't survive an A-bomb? Like, come on dude.

Them introducing Robin or basically having the woman say "You should use your real name..." was so groan worthy.

I'm really confused by the rope, did they let Bruce Wayne not use it the last time? Why would they let that happen? I thought Bane ordered them to not let him go unless he could break the trick like he did or whatever.

he had to not use the rope, Batman is not afraid of dying, but afraid of failure of saving gotham.  No rope meant he had to do it.

...but clearly the rope is what kept him from making the jump no? I thought that is what Bane meant by it would torture his soul because it was just impossible being tied to the rope. He would have to climb out by having this rope attached to him. The rope wasn't for safety. Unless Nolan just doesn't know how to convey things that simply. He's fucking batman, why would he ever use the rope?

If so many people had guns, why not just shoot bane? He's not impenetrable to bullets.

not alot of people had guns, and if they did they prob had 1 magazine so out of bullets by the time Bane arrived

You did see the scene where all the guns were being given to the criminals, citizens, etc.

How did Bane fund any of this? I thought they were all poor sand people.

he got a "small fortune" from Wayne enterprises, and all his associates where the CEOs of Wayne enterprises.

I mean, in general. They just didn't get funded from the desert did they? Whatsername was on the board, how did she get there? She had to get money somewhere. This isn't important, but it just seemed strange they would try to make Wayne poor for no reason other than he's batman. Then she sleeps with him. Doesn't kill him or anything, and continues to be held hostage under the guise of a citizen. It makes little to no sense other than to throw the audience off.

Why does everybody believe Bane's claim about Harvey Dent? He could of just written it himself? Are people in Gotham that dumb?

because he was the leader under martial law, and he had no reason to lie

....no reason to lie? It caused a panic in the streets and he won over the population from this. Knowing Harvey Dent was a fraud served some kind of purpose. Again, is Gotham really that stupid to believe a criminal?

Why did JGL know Bruce Wayne was batman just because he was a orphan too? Does that really make sense?

yeah that part was a bit sketchy

Why did Wayne go back to being batman just cause he got robbed? "Oh damn, I better shave, come out of my 8 year seclusion, and go back to being batman cause somebody wanted my fingerprints!" Like that's really your motivation?

it wasnt just cause he got robbed.  IT was because his prints got stolen and sold off to Bane, who was using it to bankrupt his company and take it over

...I never said it was just because he got robbed. I said why did be become batman cause he got his prints stolen. It doesn't change anything before. He could investigate it, but he really doesn't and doesn't figure it out until after it happens. Why would this one incident change his mind?

Just a few things that hurt my brain. Do a lot of you guys not think when you watch these movies. Do you just like seeing batman run around being batman while shit explodes?

most of your questions are explained in the movie...

No one has even mentioned the ridiculousness of the device that completely erases someone's past... That simply can't exist, the internet alone can't be rewritten like that, yet Batman seemed to imply that device indeed exists.  Why didn't she just run off and start a new identity instead?

No one has mentioned the ridiculousness of some of the devices on Batman's utility belt... some of those devices simply can't exist, it defies the rules of physics and technologic restraints we have, yet Batman seemed to imply these devices exist.

It's a movie based on a comic book, not real life.

I thought it was a program that would essentially hack into the police system and erase all her criminal history. Not erase her life history but just her dirty record, so she could start back life again as Selina Kyle without having to hide... That was my impression of it.

I guess, but doesn't every record also have a physical paper copy as well?  She should have just run off, got new ids and started life anew, would have been way easier and much more practical.

No one has mentioned the ridiculousness of some of the devices on Batman's utility belt... some of those devices simply can't exist, it defies the rules of physics and technologic restraints we have, yet Batman seemed to imply these devices exist.

My bad, I thought this was supposed to be the Batman series that seemed to be grounded in our reality as if everything could possibly happen in real life.  I completely misunderstood the tone of the entire trilogy I guess.

Why did Catwoman know how to drive Batman's bike?

hes batman its probably the easiest thing to drive, his technology is way advanced

...because it's technologically advanced, doesn't make it simple. Plus why would he want people to be able to use his machines besides him?

Batman's bike probably just works like a regular motorcycle. Plus he was trying to save Gotham and had no choice, was he supposed to tell her to walk?

Why did whatserface sleep with Bruce Wayne if she knew he was batman?

she slept with him so she can gain his trust

Again, why? He killed her father, why fucking sleep with him? That's bizarre and makes no sense.

To gain his trust... the League of Shadows is all about discipline and patentice.

Why ravage a city because your father was killed by batman if you has a huge disagreement with him? Huh?

carrying on her fathers legacy was more important then anything

...but she let Bane be part of her group. Something her father was against.

Bane saved her life, plus I think she had a thing for him. Plus her dad's dead now, she just wants to finish what he started.

Did Batman walk home from the desert?

hes a billionaire, as catwoman said "even the rich dont get poor" he has resources still even if he was broke.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you can sprout wings and fly home on nothing but the clothes on your back.

Would you have liked Nolan to tack on another 30 minutes to the movie explaining how he got back? Maybe show him hanging out at the airport drinking starbucks and getting pissed off at his layovers? He got back, except it.

How did batman survive a nuclear blast? How did he get it that far that quickly? Wouldn't he have to be traveling 250 miles an hour to make it six miles from Gothan in under 2 minutes or something?

auto pilot, just cause they showed him in, he prob ejected way before. 

....again, even if he ejected it's a fucking nuclear blast. It's trillions of heat. I doubt Gotham could survive it even six miles away let alone batman somehow getting away (again, he would have to be able to get away and outrun the blast). Also, it would have to travel 250 miles per hour just to get that far. Speaking from somebody is a English major who doesn't give a shit about math, it's such a glaring mistake.

Again, it was edited for dramatic effect. Why did they edit Hans Zimmer music into the movie? I didn't see an orchestra in the background. Dramatic effect.

Why did batman keep trusting catwoman over and over and over? Is he that dumb?

obviously he was that smart...Bruce Wayne has a keen sense of peoples personality and character, Gordon being a good example

He didn't before. Over and over. It's like, "I know you left me for dead, betrayed me, stole from me, lied, etc. But we cool, we cool." Batman is just not that dumb.

His city is about to get nuked, I think at that point he has nothing left for him to lose. If he doesn't ask for her help, Gotham gets nuked. If she betrays him, Gotham gets nuked.

Why do they instantly fall in love after spending maybe 10 minutes together in the past few months? Guess he got over Rachel....

did you see her in the leather suit? you would fall in love too

. . . . . . . but for a guy to be so head over heels in love with Rachel. To live 8 years in exile from grief of her death, to just suddenly fall in love with a woman, again who lied, betrayed, him. It just makes no sense other than "batman needs a bitch to fuck".

Were they in love? It was pretty obvious Catman was a lesbian in the movie, and just because she gave him a kiss doesn't mean he fell head over heels for her. She needed a fresh started, and he needed a fresh start, why not hang out?

Man wasn't that score exhausting? It never let up.

It was pretty much every Hans Zimmer score.

Why the fuck did that guy tell the kids they couldn't survive an A-bomb? Like, come on dude.

He's an asshole.

Them introducing Robin or basically having the woman say "You should use your real name..." was so groan worthy.

Again, Warner Borthers wants to keep the doors open to this money making franchise, it's business. If they called him Dick Grayson only the people who were into Batman would get it.

I'm really confused by the rope, did they let Bruce Wayne not use it the last time? Why would they let that happen? I thought Bane ordered them to not let him go unless he could break the trick like he did or whatever.

he had to not use the rope, Batman is not afraid of dying, but afraid of failure of saving gotham.  No rope meant he had to do it.

...but clearly the rope is what kept him from making the jump no? I thought that is what Bane meant by it would torture his soul because it was just impossible being tied to the rope. He would have to climb out by having this rope attached to him. The rope wasn't for safety. Unless Nolan just doesn't know how to convey things that simply. He's fucking batman, why would he ever use the rope?

When you don't have the rope you'll have more adrenaline rushing through you and you might make a bigger leap. It was the whole fear thing.

If so many people had guns, why not just shoot bane? He's not impenetrable to bullets.

not alot of people had guns, and if they did they prob had 1 magazine so out of bullets by the time Bane arrived

You did see the scene where all the guns were being given to the criminals, citizens, etc.

If I was a criminal and a guy broke me out of jail then gave me a gun, I probably wouldn't shoot him. Plus you have no clue who the trigger man was. What if I was a citizen and I had a gun, and I shot Bane and the trigger man set of the nuke? I kinda just fucked up my own city.

How did Bane fund any of this? I thought they were all poor sand people.

he got a "small fortune" from Wayne enterprises, and all his associates where the CEOs of Wayne enterprises.

I mean, in general. They just didn't get funded from the desert did they? Whatsername was on the board, how did she get there? She had to get money somewhere. This isn't important, but it just seemed strange they would try to make Wayne poor for no reason other than he's batman. Then she sleeps with him. Doesn't kill him or anything, and continues to be held hostage under the guise of a citizen. It makes little to no sense other than to throw the audience off.

Why does everybody believe Bane's claim about Harvey Dent? He could of just written it himself? Are people in Gotham that dumb?

because he was the leader under martial law, and he had no reason to lie

....no reason to lie? It caused a panic in the streets and he won over the population from this. Knowing Harvey Dent was a fraud served some kind of purpose. Again, is Gotham really that stupid to believe a criminal?

This guy has a nuke. If a guy held my city hostage with a nuke and told me I was adopted and my mother didn't love me I would fucking piss my pants out of fear and believe him.

Why did JGL know Bruce Wayne was batman just because he was a orphan too? Does that really make sense?

yeah that part was a bit sketchy

Why did Wayne go back to being batman just cause he got robbed? "Oh damn, I better shave, come out of my 8 year seclusion, and go back to being batman cause somebody wanted my fingerprints!" Like that's really your motivation?

it wasnt just cause he got robbed.  IT was because his prints got stolen and sold off to Bane, who was using it to bankrupt his company and take it over

...I never said it was just because he got robbed. I said why did be become batman cause he got his prints stolen. It doesn't change anything before. He could investigate it, but he really doesn't and doesn't figure it out until after it happens. Why would this one incident change his mind?

Just a few things that hurt my brain. Do a lot of you guys not think when you watch these movies. Do you just like seeing batman run around being batman while shit explodes?

most of your questions are explained in the movie...

Italics.

My bad, I thought this was supposed to be the Batman series that seemed to be grounded in our reality as if everything could possibly happen in real life.  I completely misunderstood the tone of the entire trilogy I guess.

Again, Batman was realistic but there still has to be some elements of ridiculousness to make it a superhero movie. If everything was grounded in our reality it would be a 2 hour movie about a guy who drives a Ford around fighting crime in a kevlar vest.

Again, Batman was realistic but there still has to be some elements of ridiculousness to make it a superhero movie. If everything was grounded in our reality it would be a 2 hour movie about a guy who drives a Ford around fighting crime in a kevlar vest.

Go watch Super.

And why couldn't the bat mobile or the costume exist in reality?

Batman's bike probably just works like a regular motorcycle. Plus he was trying to save Gotham and had no choice, was he supposed to tell her to walk?

Regular motorcycles don't do half the shit his does. How would she just know how to turn, flip, fire weaponry etc. She's a thief, not a genius. Again, why would he want to make his motorcycle to be so easy that anybody can use it?

To gain his trust... the League of Shadows is all about discipline and patentice.

If somebody killed your father, why would you have sex with them if it bothered you that much? Also, to gain his trust to do what? They don't ever see each other until she stabs him. What if he knew she wasn't who she was? Is she that stupid? He's fucking batman.

Bane saved her life, plus I think she had a thing for him. Plus her dad's dead now, she just wants to finish what he started.

Then why seek revenge for her father WHO SHE DISAGREES WITH, HAD A STRAINED RELATIONSHIP WITH, AND DISOBEYS?

Would you have liked Nolan to tack on another 30 minutes to the movie explaining how he got back? Maybe show him hanging out at the airport drinking starbucks and getting pissed off at his layovers? He got back, except it.

....no. It's remarded. It's manipulative storytelling and bullshit. If I don't care about these simple parts of reality, why even fucking care at all. That's why these movies are great. They seem realistic and make sense to a certain degree. Nolan shouldn't choose an ending to make the audience the batman died, and just say "hey guys, he's alive!" Either kill him like you've been building to, or just don't do dumb shit like that.

Again, it was edited for dramatic effect. Why did they edit Hans Zimmer music into the movie? I didn't see an orchestra in the background. Dramatic effect.

It has nothing to do with editing. They said he had two minutes. They said he got six miles from the city and everybody was safe. Clearly he wasn't going 250 MPH to get this done. If they can bend science the rules, why not just have batman throw it at the sun? Or have him diffuse it with his bare hands?

His city is about to get nuked, I think at that point he has nothing left for him to lose. If he doesn't ask for her help, Gotham gets nuked. If she betrays him, Gotham gets nuked.

You're just about to save Gotham, but she betrays you and stops you from saving everybody. Herp a derp batman. Why would he risk it? He's fucking batman remember, he can stop anybody.

Were they in love? It was pretty obvious Catman was a lesbian in the movie, and just because she gave him a kiss doesn't mean he fell head over heels for her. She needed a fresh started, and he needed a fresh start, why not hang out?

Why is she clearly a lesbian? Yes, it hints she has a female love interest. But she might be bisexual. She made out with him. She was attracted to him. That is at least established. What are you arguing? They just travel around being friends? After establishing they want to fuck each other, why do that? Did you really see that ending and say "Look at those two friends? Together at last!"

He's an asshole.

Yeah, he must be or something. Lol. Those poor kids.

Again, Warner Borthers wants to keep the doors open to this money making franchise, it's business. If they called him Dick Grayson only the people who were into Batman would get it.

So they allude that Nolan is going to do a Robin movie? I doubt it. So why even set it so that there will be a Robin movie if there will not be one. I really doubt they will unless the replace every person involved here besides the studio. They might, but urgh. That would be such an annoying thing to do.

I have never read a batman comic in my life and I know who Dick Grayson is. Even still, it's pretty clear he's going to be the new batman or something. Like, it just didn't need to be there. I know the audience for this shit is pretty dumb and they have to throw a bone to the lowest common denominator, but jeez.

When you don't have the rope you'll have more adrenaline rushing through you and you might make a bigger leap. It was the whole fear thing

...but he didn't use it on the last one. It wasn't tied to him. But that what was clearly causing him to fall. So why did have in the first place? Safety is pretty stupid if the fucking thing causes to never get out anyway.

If I was a criminal and a guy broke me out of jail then gave me a gun, I probably wouldn't shoot him. Plus you have no clue who the trigger man was. What if I was a citizen and I had a gun, and I shot Bane and the trigger man set of the nuke? I kinda just fucked up my own city.

He's also trying to blow up Gotham. So why worry if he's going to blow up everything if you do nothing you will die anyway? Odds are he isn't the trigger man if he said it was an ordinary citizen.

This guy has a nuke. If a guy held my city hostage with a nuke and told me I was adopted and my mother didn't love me I would fucking piss my pants out of fear and believe him.

Or not believe him since he has a nuke and wants me to turn against authority. I understand the criminals not giving a shit, but the citizens are not that dumb are they?

in terms of Robin, let's make a quick comparison.  At the end of the Avengers, an alien talks about how surprisingly strong people of earth can be, we never learn his name, but Marvel fans geek out, and anyone that was interested (just about everyone cuz of how awesome that movie was) looked it up online and found out it was Thanos and learned his back story. This was both effective and didn't reach out to the lowest common denominator..  Meanwhile they change Robin's name to Robin which it has never been, seemingly only to say, hey we got Robin in here too, even though there probably won't ever be a Robin movie. if JGL's character name was Rich or Richard and we find out at the end its actually Dick that would have been way better (even if it is inadvertently funny)

Regular motorcycles don't do half the shit his does. How would she just know how to turn, flip, fire weaponry etc. She's a thief, not a genius. Again, why would he want to make his motorcycle to be so easy that anybody can use it?

Why not? If he didn't want just anybody to use it he can install an immobilizer on it (which he probably did). And all she needed to do was learn how to ride it and fire a rocket, not take it apart and rebuild it. She had time to figure that out in the movie, there doesn't need to be a montage of her trying to figure it out to establish this.

If somebody killed your father, why would you have sex with them if it bothered you that much? Also, to gain his trust to do what? They don't ever see each other until she stabs him. What if he knew she wasn't who she was? Is she that stupid? He's fucking batman.

It did bother her but it was the whole philosophy of the League of Shadows - be patient and disguise yourself. If she lost her cool because he killed her father then the League of Legends would have taught her nothing.

Then why seek revenge for her father WHO SHE DISAGREES WITH, HAD A STRAINED RELATIONSHIP WITH, AND DISOBEYS?

....no. It's remarded. It's manipulative storytelling and bullshit. If I don't care about these simple parts of reality, why even fucking care at all. That's why these movies are great. They seem realistic and make sense to a certain degree. Nolan shouldn't choose an ending to make the audience the batman died, and just say "hey guys, he's alive!" Either kill him like you've been building to, or just don't do dumb shit like that.

The movie was The Dark Knight Rises, not Bane Breaks Batmans Back and We Watch Him Lay Around For 2 Hours. Plus the big deal about Bane in the comics was he was the one who broke Batman's back. We all knew he was going to come back, it just made it suspenseful and interesting.

It has nothing to do with editing. They said he had two minutes. They said he got six miles from the city and everybody was safe. Clearly he wasn't going 250 MPH to get this done. If they can bend science the rules, why not just have batman throw it at the sun? Or have him diffuse it with his bare hands?

Dramatic effect. They bent the rules of science, would you rather see him throw it into the sun or would you rather see him carry it off as if he was making a sacrifice?

You're just about to save Gotham, but she betrays you and stops you from saving everybody. Herp a derp batman. Why would he risk it? He's fucking batman remember, he can stop anybody.

He wouldn't have asked for help if he knew he couldn't do it alone. By that logic, Bane would have never broken Batman's back, because he's Batman and can stop anybody.

Why is she clearly a lesbian? Yes, it hints she has a female love interest. But she might be bisexual. She made out with him. She was attracted to him. That is at least established. What are you arguing? They just travel around being friends? After establishing they want to fuck each other, why do that? Did you really see that ending and say "Look at those two friends? Together at last!"

Nothing says they were friends, nothing says they hooked up. At this point both of us are just speculating on that.

He's an asshole.

Yeah, he must be or something. Lol. Those poor kids.

So they allude that Nolan is going to do a Robin movie? I doubt it. So why even set it so that there will be a Robin movie if there will not be one. I really doubt they will unless the replace every person involved here besides the studio. They might, but urgh. That would be such an annoying thing to do.

Nolan and Bale probably won't come back, but Warner Brothers will probably bring someone else in to direct it. That's why they kind of hinted at a movie starting Joseph Gordon-Levitt . Will it be as good? Probably not, but will it make Warner Brothers money? Yeah. They're a huge corporation who doesn't care they put out a shitty movie, as long as they have your money they're happy.

I have never read a batman comic in my life and I know who Dick Grayson is. Even still, it's pretty clear he's going to be the new batman or something. Like, it just didn't need to be there. I know the audience for this shit is pretty dumb and they have to throw a bone to the lowest common denominator, but jeez.

People are that stupid lol. Nolan has made Batman HUGE, there are people who are going to see Batman who have never heard of anyone but Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman. I'm sure there are a lot of people who didn't catch the Killer Croc reference in the movie.

When you don't have the rope you'll have more adrenaline rushing through you and you might make a bigger leap. It was the whole fear thing

...but he didn't use it on the last one. It wasn't tied to him. But that what was clearly causing him to fall. So why did have in the first place? Safety is pretty stupid if the fucking thing causes to never get out anyway.

Yeah he made the last jump because he didn't have the rope, and he overcame his fear of dying and the adrenaline rush helped him make the leap. If he had the rope he would have been more relaxed.

He's also trying to blow up Gotham. So why worry if he's going to blow up everything if you do nothing you will die anyway? Odds are he isn't the trigger man if he said it was an ordinary citizen.

I still wouldn't take the risk lol

Or not believe him since he has a nuke and wants me to turn against authority. I understand the criminals not giving a shit, but the citizens are not that dumb are they?

html>

It really has. Why are people trying to look into logic on something that is based off a fantasy?

That's my entire point! The movie is based on a comic book but Nolan just took a more realistic approach to it to make it darker and less cartoony. I will admit there might be "plot holes", but they're sooooooooo insignificant that it doesn't affect the story at all. Plus most the "plot holes" are clearly explained in the movie anyways, but everyone is treating it like Inception and going deeper into it.

It really has. Why are people trying to look into logic on something that is based off a fantasy?

That's my entire point! The movie is based on a comic book but Nolan just took a more realistic approach to it to make it darker and less cartoony. I will admit there might be "plot holes", but they're sooooooooo insignificant that it doesn't affect the story at all. Plus most the "plot holes" are clearly explained in the movie anyways, but everyone is treating it like Inception and going deeper into it.

Exactly, and we hardly pick apart other movies like this on these forums so why Batman.

Sorry I tend to think about what I'm watching. Golly.

Also, it's not a fantasy film. It's not Lord of the Rings or

Batman is just a guy in a mask. If you watch any of the Nolan films, you understand this and understand why these movies are special. Sure, the bat-cave, the gadgets, villains, etc are all over the top. But the story and world isn't. A lot of people are confused by the film in terms of motivation, plot, and logistics. If you don't care, watch Transformers or leave the discussion for people who actually care. Coming from somebody who likes these movies and thought they deserve the smallest amount of thought for them, it's kind of insulting to just watch and not think about it.

Also, Ricky, if that is your entire point is that these films lack logic and just happen without explanation. Why are you fighting my points?

Why not? If he didn't want just anybody to use it he can install an immobilizer on it (which he probably did). And all she needed to do was learn how to ride it and fire a rocket, not take it apart and rebuild it. She had time to figure that out in the movie, there doesn't need to be a montage of her trying to figure it out to establish this.

She basically jumped in it and had no problem mastering it and using it as batman. It’s just uber convenient, especially since it all happened at once. Unless there’s a batcycle training simulation down at the Gotham YMCA, I just don’t get how a common catthief can master this. It’s not like it ruins the movie, but it’s just an obvious “huh, good thing catwoman is brilliant.â€

It did bother her but it was the whole philosophy of the League of Shadows - be patient and disguise yourself. If she lost her cool because he killed her father then the League of Legends would have taught her nothing.

I’m sure the League of Legends was all “yeah, you could just go kill Bruce Wayne. But why not just build up a small fortune, invest in his company for years a while hiding your true intentions, get on the board of members, befriend Wayne, sleep with him for no reason, then let Bane kill him slowly……sorta†I mean, it’s only 12 years of your life, and leaving batman to die seems like a brilliant idea.  Maybe they are just really stupid?

The movie was The Dark Knight Rises, not Bane Breaks Batmans Back and We Watch Him Lay Around For 2 Hours. Plus the big deal about Bane in the comics was he was the one who broke Batman's back. We all knew he was going to come back, it just made it suspenseful and interesting.

Were we watching the same movie? They’ve been building this to be the martyr movie since the first installment. You know he could give his life to save Gotham and it still be a great movie. It would make more sense considering Bruce Wayne pretty much fakes his own death.

But what does your comment have anything to do with the ending?

Dramatic effect. They bent the rules of science, would you rather see him throw it into the sun or would you rather see him carry it off as if he was making a sacrifice?

I would rather him fucking die if that’s how they chose to end it. Or don’t use a fucking atomic bomb. It’s a lot like the Phoenix Saga in X-men. Jean Grey is killed to stop the Phoenix and the Universe’s destruction, and it’s fucking awesome and one of the most beloved plots in Comics. But hey, they brought that bitch back in the movies too and it was pretty meh.

He wouldn't have asked for help if he knew he couldn't do it alone. By that logic, Bane would have never broken Batman's back, because he's Batman and can stop anybody.

…he does “defeat†Bane until he is betrayed by whatserface who he thinks is in danger. Again, it’s the writing that doesn’t match up. It would make total sense if he stopped Bane, and stopped the rest with the help of Gotham. It would make sense, but he went out of his way to find S. Kyle and ask for her help despite there being a huge risk. It is just reckless and is only necessary if he knew whatserface was out to get him. But he doesn’t as he tries to protect her.

Nothing says they were friends, nothing says they hooked up. At this point both of us are just speculating on that.

Which is stupid. Why would he hang out with her? Am I really to believe they just develop this amazing friendship after that display of "I'm so hot for you and flirting" that was constant in the movie? That’s cornier than them just ending up together cause it’s a super hero movie and the super hero has to get a girl in the end somehow, someway.

Nolan and Bale probably won't come back, but Warner Brothers will probably bring someone else in to direct it. That's why they kind of hinted at a movie starting Joseph Gordon-Levitt . Will it be as good? Probably not, but will it make Warner Brothers money? Yeah. They're a huge corporation who doesn't care they put out a shitty movie, as long as they have your money they're happy.

Hm, If you’re going to carry over JGL, I would think they would try to keep the Nolan universe in tact, you know since this is the origin in a way right? I think they won’t though. It would be easier to just get a new batman, new director, new writers etc. Just start fresh would be easier and cause less confusion.

People are that stupid lol. Nolan has made Batman HUGE, there are people who are going to see Batman who have never heard of anyone but Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman. I'm sure there are a lot of people who didn't catch the Killer Croc reference in the movie.

…but okay, at some point your just hitting the audience over the head with it repeatedly. They should of made him yell “Oh, man this looks like the batcave…..maybe I should be batman?†just to make sure everybody understood that is what was happening in the movie. Cause maybe blind people couldn’t understand the context of it all.

Yeah he made the last jump because he didn't have the rope, and he overcame his fear of dying and the adrenaline rush helped him make the leap. If he had the rope he would have been more relaxed.

…or having recently had a broken back, would have been terribly worried he would destroy his spine if he fell a couple of stories with a rope tied to his torso. It just seemed like he would know he couldn’t do it with the rope. Like, it doesn’t even look possible, why couldn’t he see that. He’s fucking batman. I still thought the challenge was for him to do it with the rope and that’s what Bane somehow did. Yes, I know it wasn’t actually Bane. But at the time…

Sorry I tend to think about what I'm watching. Golly.

Also, it's not a fantasy film. It's not Lord of the Rings or

Batman is just a guy in a mask. If you watch any of the Nolan films, you understand this and understand why these movies are special. Sure, the bat-cave, the gadgets, villains, etc are all over the top. But the story and world isn't. A lot of people are confused by the film in terms of motivation, plot, and logistics. If you don't care, watch Transformers or leave the discussion for people who actually care. Coming from somebody who likes these movies and thought they deserve the smallest amount of thought for them, it's kind of insulting to just watch and not think about it.

Also, Ricky, if that is your entire point is that these films lack logic and just happen without explanation. Why are you fighting my points?

She basically jumped in it and had no problem mastering it and using it as batman. It’s just uber convenient, especially since it all happened at once. Unless there’s a batcycle training simulation down at the Gotham YMCA, I just don’t get how a common catthief can master this. It’s not like it ruins the movie, but it’s just an obvious “huh, good thing catwoman is brilliant.â€

I’m sure the League of Legends was all “yeah, you could just go kill Bruce Wayne. But why not just build up a small fortune, invest in his company for years a while hiding your true intentions, get on the board of members, befriend Wayne, sleep with him for no reason, then let Bane kill him slowly……sorta†I mean, it’s only 12 years of your life, and leaving batman to die seems like a brilliant idea.  Maybe they are just really stupid?

Were we watching the same movie? They’ve been building this to be the martyr movie since the first installment. You know he could give his life to save Gotham and it still be a great movie. It would make more sense considering Bruce Wayne pretty much fakes his own death.

But what does your comment have anything to do with the ending?

I would rather him fucking die if that’s how they chose to end it. Or don’t use a fucking atomic bomb. It’s a lot like the Phoenix Saga in X-men. Jean Grey is killed to stop the Phoenix and the Universe’s destruction, and it’s fucking awesome and one of the most beloved plots in Comics. But hey, they brought that bitch back in the movies too and it was pretty meh.

…he does “defeat†Bane until he is betrayed by whatserface who he thinks is in danger. Again, it’s the writing that doesn’t match up. It would make total sense if he stopped Bane, and stopped the rest with the help of Gotham. It would make sense, but he went out of his way to find S. Kyle and ask for her help despite there being a huge risk. It is just reckless and is only necessary if he knew whatserface was out to get him. But he doesn’t as he tries to protect her.

Which is stupid. Why would he hang out with her? Am I really to believe they just develop this amazing friendship after that display of "I'm so hot for you and flirting" that was constant in the movie? That’s cornier than them just ending up together cause it’s a super hero movie and the super hero has to get a girl in the end somehow, someway.

Hm, If you’re going to carry over JGL, I would think they would try to keep the Nolan universe in tact, you know since this is the origin in a way right? I think they won’t though. It would be easier to just get a new batman, new director, new writers etc. Just start fresh would be easier and cause less confusion.

…but okay, at some point your just hitting the audience over the head with it repeatedly. They should of made him yell “Oh, man this looks like the batcave…..maybe I should be batman?†just to make sure everybody understood that is what was happening in the movie. Cause maybe blind people couldn’t understand the context of it all.

…or having recently had a broken back, would have been terribly worried he would destroy his spine if he fell a couple of stories with a rope tied to his torso. It just seemed like he would know he couldn’t do it with the rope. Like, it doesn’t even look possible, why couldn’t he see that. He’s fucking batman. I still thought the challenge was for him to do it with the rope and that’s what Bane somehow did. Yes, I know it wasn’t actually Bane. But at the time…

The problem with any film is, if you think about them more and more, you find the problems with them. I don't over analyse movies i watch or else id constantly be pointing out plot holes and inconsistencies.

the reason i felt this film was a bit of a let down (still a great film) but a let down to me was its seperation from the lore and its rushed feel.

I'm sorry but to say every film is flawed is the laziest way to deflect criticisms of a movie. i mean, what a revelatory and disarming observation! i'm not going to criticize a movie ever again, lest someone imparts to me the sober wisdom that every movie ever made has a flaw in it somewhere.

Plot holes are plot holes. I'm sorry.