I Miss You Sheet Music

fallen.in.destiny

the song isnt actually tuned down at all, its just capo'd on the 2nd, which really isnt needed either

true, only needed on the bass section on the verse.

dunno where this tuned down malarky came from, only blink songs i know that are detuned are Adams song and Obvious

the song isnt actually tuned down at all, its just capo'd on the 2nd, which really isnt needed either

Yeah, I've never had a problem playing the song in standard tuning.

This topic is funny.

It sounds alright in standard tuning, but it's actually supposed to be tuned down one and a half steps.  Same as Adams Song, Obvious, Down, some other songs too.  Sounds better that way.

so where the hell do u play it? ive got the sheet music sold in stores (which is majorly wrong also) but yeah, when have you ever seen tom playing it stepped down that far.

Adam Song is 1 step down (1 and half for live)

and obvious is 1 and half down.

Feeling this is dropped D with capo on 2nd

thats all i can think of which are tuned any differently

so where the hell do u play it? ive got the sheet music sold in stores (which is majorly wrong also) but yeah, when have you ever seen tom playing it stepped down that far.

Adam Song is 1 step down (1 and half for live)

and obvious is 1 and half down.

Feeling this is dropped D with capo on 2nd

thats all i can think of which are tuned any differently

It's played differently live, but the chords for the chorus of I Miss You on the album are like this on acoustic guitar (one and a half steps down):

E|--------------------------

B|--------------------------

G|--7--7--7--6--4--6--7--7--

D|--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--

A|--5--5--5--4--2--4--5--5--

E|--------------------------

But the synth is much louder than these chords, so often when people cover this song they follow the progression of the synth (Tom does too I think).

Down is like this, one and a half steps down:

E|--------------------

B|--------------------

G|--7----7--7--x--x-

D|--x----x--x--x--x--

A|--5----5--5--x--x--

E|---------------------

If you don't play it like this, the harmonics don't sound quite right.  It's just a minor detail.  It also allows you to play open A string during chord changes in the chorus, which sounds quite good.  Minor details like this they hash out in the studio... the song was probably written in standard tuning and can still be played in standard.

wow that is so very wrong....

E|--------------------

B|--------------------

G|--7----7--7--x--x-

D|--x----x--x--x--x--

A|--5----5--5--x--x--

E|---------------------  down is played on the E 7 and D 9...has been everywhere you can even see him recording it that way..

whatever tab book your reading from is wrong...they nearly all are. You need to work it out yourself or watch how they play it.

E|--------------------

B|--------------------

G|--7----7--7--x--x-

D|--x----x--x--x--x--

A|--5----5--5--x--x--

E|---------------------   down is played on the E 7 and D 9...has been everywhere you can even see him recording it that way..

whatever tab book your reading from is wrong...they nearly all are. You need to work it out yourself or watch how they play it.

We don't have a video of him recording Down as far as I know, we just have a video of him writing it.  The author of the tab book is very specific about which guitar parts in which songs are in different tunings, which makes me guess that he had some studio notes telling him what tuning the different parts are in.  Otherwise he wouldn't have have bothered transcribing Down in 1.5 down, he would have just done it in standard tuning like all of us.  That's my analysis anyways.

ive got the Hal Leonard i think it is blink book...

tab books are generally wrong... Theres the vid with tom playing the intro for travis in the recording studio, him playing it live in the recording studio with teh guys and the clip with him playing it on the couch in the studio next to mark i believe...every time like this.

E|--------------------

B|--------------------

G|--7----7--7--x--x-

D|--x----x--x--x--x--

A|--5----5--5--x--x--

E|---------------------  down is played on the E 7 and D 9...has been everywhere you can even see him recording it that way..

We don't have a video of him recording Down as far as I know, we just have a video of him writing it.  The author of the tab book is very specific about which guitar parts in which songs are in different tunings, which makes me guess that he had some studio notes telling him what tuning the different parts are in.  Otherwise he wouldn't have have bothered transcribing Down in 1.5 down, he would have just done it in standard tuning like all of us.  That's my analysis anyways.

i have the tab book, it's so fucking wrong. you're better off using the internet, or working it out for yourself.

Um, I'm pretty sure duck is right.

I've got the "studio -something" tab book myself and Down IS tuned 1.5 steps down.

I've got the tab book back at my m&d's place, I'll check it out and grab a pic next time I'm over there.

With specific stuff like who's behind the tabbing etc.