LOVE Teasers (New)

NoPantsTour

I was just talking to Dylan on Facebook, (orginal co-founder of Atticus/Macbeth) and he was telling me that he was speaking to Tom yesterday, and that the movie was finally completed and finished just a few days ago. It's about time I say!

So what have they been submitting to Sundance all these years? A movie without score, and half the scenes missing?

why do people keep saying this? no one just submits a movie uncompleted with missing scenes and missing music. the movie has obviously been finished many times before and every time it has been denied they have just been adding more to it and changing the music around to make it seem better.

Yeah, its obviously a different film than it once would have been.  When it started it was a combination of footage shot for Start the Machine as well as scenes put to music for WDNTW.  Then it was called I-Empire for a while, so it likely was dealing with music from that album.  Then finally it was changed to LOVE.  so clearly its gone under many changes, who knows how many different cuts there have been.  I'm not defending this film, I think it looks awful, but this just seems like the clear case to me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean i would sure hope that it's totally different than what it first started out as. it was all REALLY shitty CGI and everything looked fake. i just remember those WWII planes flying in space and all those soldiers walking around and wondering well the hell they would even waste their time on something that looked like a video game except worse.

i mean i would sure hope that it's totally different than what it first started out as. it was all REALLY shitty CGI and everything looked fake. i just remember those WWII planes flying in space and all those soldiers walking around and wondering well the hell they would even waste their time on something that looked like a video game except worse.

That shitty CGI was done by Shilo Design for the band when they didn't have a clue what they were doing with the movie, Tom was just high and wanted to make something epic. There won't be any of that shit in the movie, that was long before the met Will Eubank and the slate was wiped clean once he came back with a badass concept/script.

Also what's this shit about being rejected by Sundance lots of times? Clearly they only submitted a near finished film once and it was rejected. Tom just "wanted" to get it in to Sundance when he  was talking about it prior to that.

I don't see how they could accept a 90% finished movie without a finished soundtrack anyway.

That shitty CGI was done by Shilo Design for the band when they didn't have a clue what they were doing with the movie, Tom was just high and wanted to make something epic. There won't be any of that shit in the movie, that was long before the met Will Eubank and the slate was wiped clean once he came back with a badass concept/script.

Also what's this shit about being rejected by Sundance lots of times? Clearly they only submitted a near finished film once and it was rejected. Tom just "wanted" to get it in to Sundance when he  was talking about it prior to that.

I don't see how they could accept a 90% finished movie without a finished soundtrack anyway.

1. William Eubank is nobody important. he's never directed a film in his entire life. go look at his resume on IMDB Pro, which you probably don't have an account to.

2. that shit about being rejected by Sundance more than once is the truth because Tom has said more than once (and in different years) that he submitted the film to that specific festival

3. please explain the badass concept/script to me.

Also what's this shit about being rejected by Sundance lots of times? Clearly they only submitted a near finished film once and it was rejected. Tom just "wanted" to get it in to Sundance when he  was talking about it prior to that.

1. William Eubank is nobody important. he's never directed a film in his entire life. go look at his resume on IMDB Pro, which you probably don't have an account to.

2. that shit about being rejected by Sundance more than once is the truth because Tom has said more than once (and in different years) that he submitted the film to that specific festival

3. please explain the badass concept/script to me.

1. I'm judging William Eubank on what I have seen of LOVE. The imagery and concept both look amazing. I never said he was Spielberg, rather that Tom always said they were blown away when Will came back with the concept for the movie.

2. Tom has said stuff about showing things to Sundance in the past, yes. He always said Sundance were "really interested" but never said they had submitted the movie and had it rejected. The film wasn't anywhere near finished until late last year, it was then submitted to Sundance and rejected. Tom also said NASA were working on something amazing for their live show.  :?

3. http://vimeo.com/18646905

I'm not trying to defend this film or anything but just because the guy hasn't directed anything before doesn't mean he won't be able to direct a good film. Also get you with your IMDB Pro account.

Are u really spitting feathers over this movie? Especially one u haven't seen?

Tom produced a movie, he thinks it's great. he sent it to festivals. He let a young guy working in panavision direct it, Sundance didn't take to it. It will now premier at the SBIFF.

What is making your blood boil so much about all of this?

Are u really spitting feathers over this movie? Especially one u haven't seen?

Tom produced a movie, he thinks it's great. he sent it to festivals. He let a young guy working in panavision direct it, Sundance didn't take to it. It will now premier at the SBIFF.

What is making your blood boil so much about all of this?

Because 95% of his fans would rather get a new blink album than some stupid movie that no one will see.

Tom didn't make this movie for Blink fans, and probably not even AVA fans.

The guy's been looking for industry respect ever since his mid-twenties when he didn't wanna be known as the guy who ran around naked in his videos.

That led to BCR, which led to S/T, and when AVA didn't take off the way he wanted to, he started again. He decided to make a bigger movie than the early CGI stuff, and he wanted to be the guy who started the website that changed the industry.

When Modlife fell flat on its face, Tom decided he's gonna relaunch a different site this spring.

When the movie got rejected last year, Tom put more money into it, and they shot a new 10 min opening.

The guy is craving for attention/respect, and the more his projects fail, the longer he's going to spend on them.

Well ya gotta give him credit. He definitely doesnt let failure stop his drive. He's driven as fuck.

Exactly, and he will make 20 AVA albums, if that's what it takes to make them successful. Tom doesn't want to crawl back to Blink with his tail between his legs. He wants to come back a success.

The guy's been looking for industry respect ever since his mid-twenties when he didn't wanna be known as the guy who ran around naked in his videos.

That led to BCR, which led to S/T, and when AVA didn't take off the way he wanted to, he started again. He decided to make a bigger movie than the early CGI stuff, and he wanted to be the guy who started the website that changed the industry.

When Modlife fell flat on its face, Tom decided he's gonna relaunch a different site this spring.

When the movie got rejected last year, Tom put more money into it, and they shot a new 10 min opening.

The guy is craving for attention/respect, and the more his projects fail, the longer he's going to spend on them.

You would fit in perfectly with the kids on the Avamovement........

Then explain to me why he is back with blink yelling out that he wants to give Brad Pitt a bubble bath? You're full of shit.

Well ya gotta give him credit. He definitely doesnt let failure stop his drive. He's driven as fuck.

Exactly, and he will make 20 AVA albums, if that's what it takes to make them successful. Tom doesn't want to crawl back to Blink with his tail between his legs. He wants to come back a success.

He already returned and blink is back to being a million times more popular than AVA. Once again, false.

The only reason Tom is still doing this movie is because he's already invested so much money and time into it that backing out now would be a gigantic mistake. He had the idea back when he was battling for relevancy again...It's pretty obvious that he has sold Modlife or at least turned it over to new management as well. It was another example of battling for relevancy.

The new blink album will be a huge commercial success and no matter how hard he tries now, AVA will be nothing more than a side project. And if he ever leaves blink for AVA again he will lose most of his fan base because it is made up of blink fans to begin with.

Then explain to me why he is back with blink yelling out that he wants to give Brad Pitt a bubble bath? You're full of shit.

He already returned and blink is back to being a million times more popular than AVA. Once again, false.

The only reason Tom is still doing this movie is because he's already invested so much money and time into it that backing out now would be a gigantic mistake. He had the idea back when he was battling for relevancy again...It's pretty obvious that he has sold Modlife or at least turned it over to new management as well. It was another example of battling for relevancy.

The new blink album will be a huge commercial success and no matter how hard he tries now, AVA will be nothing more than a side project. And if he ever leaves blink for AVA again he will lose most of his fan base because it is made up of blink fans to begin with.

+1

1. I'm judging William Eubank on what I have seen of LOVE. The imagery and concept both look amazing. I never said he was Spielberg, rather that Tom always said they were blown away when Will came back with the concept for the movie.

3. http://vimeo.com/18646905

big deal, the movie looks decent on the cinematography side. i laugh at some parts because it reminds (<- keyword. not saying tom did this) me of Ed Wood and how most of his movies used random left over/unused footage (explosions & space shots) from other films that are stored away for anyones use. and Spielberg blows.

and what is so great about that trailer? it's all just slow motion bullshit. it doesn't show any of the actor's ability to act besides that one girls line at the end which made me laugh because of how typical it was. "does it bother you that we're not real?" ...really?

^ what Ghent said.

this is why i don't like the ava tom. (as the rest of blink fans.)

and this is how he could be respected by his fans...

The only reason Tom is still doing this movie is because he's already invested so much money and time into it that backing out now would be a gigantic mistake. He had the idea back when he was battling for relevancy again...

The new blink album will be a huge commercial success and no matter how hard he tries now, AVA will be nothing more than a side project.

He had the idea for a movie when he was in Blink, but they refused to do it.

And the longer people/Blink fans shun AVA the longer Tom is gonna spend trying to win them over.

Tom won't commit 100% to Blink until he can look at AVA and say it was worth it.