Scott leaves Reel Big Fish

Rocky Braveheart

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.punknews.org%2Farticle%2F41187&h=c9231

I'm sure there's not that many Reel Big Fish fans here but for me, this is just about the worst bit of music news for me personally. I grew up listening to Reel Big Fish and Scott is the most integral part of the band, you could tell he was being lesss involved in the later albums as they lost they're quality, his song writing skills are fantastic and his voice also.

Well this sucks...Reel Big Fish is now pretty much just The Forces of Evil with Dan. Frankly though I lost interest in Reel Big Fish when Matt left. The last straw for me was their cover's album. With Scott gone now, I really just kind of wish they'd just change the name and move on. Doubt that'll happen though.

Haha! ive always been a united fan! Fucking classic pic isnt  :D

Anyway, Scott was easily the best songwriter in RBF, and imo hes one of the best of his generation.

I was gutted when Matt left but he *could* be replaced, not his style for new music, but i think Dereks done a good job of replicating the old stuff with his own twist.

however, Scott is irreplacable.

has anyone heard Scotts solo album, Better Book Ends (under the guise of Littlest Man Band) ?

if not, PM me and ill send it to you, its utter fucking genius. its like a chilled lounge-y album, really beautiful stuff and well well well WELL worth checking out