"One Eight Two" or "One EightY Two"?

ManchesterAdam

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One eighty two.

It's funny when they played First Date in Germany and Sasha Baron Cohen said "it's time for Blink ONE EIGHT TWO".

Then Tom's guitar got fucked up. The snot, the nose, the Germany.

Haha I remember an award show where Borat was introducing Green Day, but he said, "and now, Cold Play!"

One eighty two.

It's funny when they played First Date in Germany and Sasha Baron Cohen said "it's time for Blink ONE EIGHT TWO".

For some reason it doesn't bother me when people say One Eight Two...I dunno why lol but i always say Eighty.

"Where the fuck is my guitar i dunno where the fuck's my guitar"

One eighty two.

Haha I remember an award show where Borat was introducing Green Day, but he said, "and now, Cold Play!"

HAHA, yeah I remember that as well.

One eighty two.

For some reason it doesn't bother me when people say One Eight Two...I dunno why lol but i always say Eighty.

I actually remember when this happened. When they showed it on the west coast they actually dubbed the guitar back in and cut out Tom giving his smashed guitar the finger. Some people at the time joked that  it was payback on Tom for him saying that stuff about Germany in that MTV special.

What I never understood was why Tom freaked out about it. At that point Blink 182 was a huge band, so the guitar fucks up onstage? Just make a joke out of it. Toss it to the ground and sing the rest of the song without guitar. Who cares? I'll admit I am a pretty nervous guy and freak out if something goes wrong in front of a lot of people. But if I had the music world by the balls like they did at the time, I wouldn't have cared.

But the tension can be cut with a knife in that video. Tom is clearly freaking out. Smashes his guitar at the end, etc. He was definitely pissed off and embarrassed.

One eighty two.

I actually remember when this happened. When they showed it on the west coast they actually dubbed the guitar back in and cut out Tom giving his smashed guitar the finger. Some people at the time joked that  it was payback on Tom for him saying that stuff about Germany in that MTV special.

What I never understood was why Tom freaked out about it. At that point Blink 182 was a huge band, so the guitar fucks up onstage? Just make a joke out of it. Toss it to the ground and sing the rest of the song without guitar. Who cares? I'll admit I am a pretty nervous guy and freak out if something goes wrong in front of a lot of people. But if I had the music world by the balls like they did at the time, I wouldn't have cared.

But the tension can be cut with a knife in that video. Tom is clearly freaking out. Smashes his guitar at the end, etc. He was definitely pissed off and embarrassed.

I actually think he handled it pretty well

Everyone in Australia says "one eight two", people think I'm weird by saying "one eighty two".

I do the same thing.  Whenever any of my mates, or even random people say one eight two, I always correct them, by plainly saying, eighty.

Everyone in Australia says "one eight two", people think I'm weird by saying "one eighty two".

I do the same thing.  Whenever any of my mates, or even random people say one eight two, I always correct them, by plainly saying, eighty.

i bet you're a hoot to be around  :-)

"you seen mitch"

"yeah just seen him waiting at the toilets saying "eighty" to some random people"