BLINK 182 RESCHEDULE EUROPEAN TOUR [CONFIRMED]

AudioFranzzz

Like I said before, Mark is the only one who really gives a shit (at least he's reading and responding to us). There's no mention of Tom in this, and Tom has yet to even comment on the touring. It really fucking pisses me off, and I feel for Mark.

I don't get why they all have to send out statements.  Tom doesn't tell anyone anything about what he's doing, not even his little modlifers anymore.  That doesn't mean he's not working on the album, which seems to be the foregone conclusion around here.

Communicating about what you're doing and doing it are completely different things.  And I think we all know what tends to happen when Tom says he's going to do something, so I don't know why any of you would feel better about him releasing some sort of statement.  It's time for Tom (and Mark and Travis) to do, not talk.  Although this canceling is very disappointing for many people, if there's one positive thing to take from this it's that their serious about getting this album done.

To me, the only reason we know that they're serious about this is because of Mark, and all his updates through his many public outlets. What I mean is that Tom hasn't said anything about the whole cancellation thing, and I really do think the fans are owed some sort of explanation (which Mark has both posted on facebook/twitter and as well said he was interviewed by Kerrang). My point in that post was about the fact that there has been no reaction from Tom in any sort of fashion, which annoys me because he does provide updates on pretty much every single thing that has anything remotely close to relating to AVA (I mean, he would even update us when one of their fucking songs was in a commercial or something), and so it's annoying that there has been no statement on his side on the blink issue. I'm not talking about giving us an update on the album or recording or anything, I'm just asking that he at least gives the public the perception that he gives two shits about blink-182 rather than just showing his massive hard on for AVA.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel bad for Mark.  He clearly just wants to make a great album and he's just not getting the participation needed from Travis and Tom.  He really cares for blink as well as the fans and it sucks to not be able to just come out and say what he's feeling.  I think it's best that after the new album and touring is done they just lay blink to rest and do their own things with an occasional tour every 5-10 years.  Whatever happens though I hope Mark continues to make music.

I still don't get why people are upset. It's not like 2012 is going to be the end of the world and they aren't getting it done in time for the apocolypse.

I'd much rather them come out with a decent record than a shitty one no matter how long it takes. They have a legacy to uphold, so fuck 'em.

I still don't get why people are upset. It's not like 2012 is going to be the end of the world and they aren't getting it done in time for the apocolypse.

I'd much rather them come out with a decent record than a shitty one no matter how long it takes. They have a legacy to uphold, so fuck 'em.

We're mad because they don't give firm dates and when they do they just ignore them anyway.  Also, they break endless promises.

If they don't give firm dates, how can they break them?

Are you mad because they decided to work on music rather than tour with no new material? Or are you mad because they didn't rush out an album because they wanted a shitty one to sell people and do a "successful" tour?

I think they have the best interest for their fans. The sense of entitlement or just plain naivety that many fans seem to be exhibiting is just puzzling to me. Like you said, they've given us vague ideas of when things will be done, so why does it matter so much? It's not like it fucks up anything in your life. It doesn't effect you in any way.

Are you mad because they decided to work on music rather than tour with no new material? Or are you mad because they didn't rush out an album because they wanted a shitty one to sell people and do a "successful" tour?

I think they have the best interest for their fans. The sense of entitlement or just plain naivety that many fans seem to be exhibiting is just puzzling to me. Like you said, they've given us vague ideas of when things will be done, so why does it matter so much? It's not like it fucks up anything in your life. It doesn't effect you in any way.

correction: Mark has the best interest for their fans.

They give us ideas of when things are going to be done then break them.  Up All Night coming out soon, NOPE not anymore.  Record gonna be done by end of 2010, oops just kidding.  Blinkumentary coming out soon, actually forget that.  New music going to be out by the begginning of summer before the European tour, actually no, we're all busy.  They reunited in like 2008.  There is no possible way all of this Travis and AVA shit was prebooked that far in advance.  Maybe they should actually try working on blink for real instead of half assing it.

good lord! too many assumptions and arguments.

when it really comes down to it, we don't have the facts. we don't know why things are taking long for the album, we don't know why they cancelled besides their statement. only people that know are mark, tom, travis and all the people close who work with them.

everything on here is just frustrated assumptions and hate.

what we do know is

mark has the show, tom has AVA stuff, travis had his album and now a tour.

BUT,we literally do not know how much time is used on blink and their other projects.

YES the canceling of the tour sucks, YES it REALLY sucks that it is taking this long. i too, am let down at this.

we can say all we want that its tom because of ava, that non of them care as much but, we don't know that. unless they come out and say those things, then we will not know.

as much as it sucks, i think canceling the tour is the right move. they shouldn't have booked it, that was their mistake.

remember how long it took them to prepare for the first north american tour in 09.all the rehearsing and stage production that went into it. although i may not know how all that stuff works, i would imagine that trying to finish the album, planning the stage production, figuring out how to play the new stuff, all the while getting travis there on time on a boat(which takes a long time)not very long after he gets back from his own tour, i don't see the summer tour happening.

personally, i dont want the first time i hear new blink to be shitty bootlegs from europe, then have to wait longer for the album to come out to hear what the fuck i was hearing. i want a new album out, i want to hear a single for that album a month or so before the album release, i want them to tour after the album is out. i want it to be GOOD.

its a lose lose situation for blink. they try to make commitments, but shit happens and fans get pissed that they didnt follow through. they don't say anything, fans get pissed cause theres no new news. they want to do others things of interest besides blink, fans get pissed because they don't think there are into it as much.

i just think people need to keep in mind that before blink broke up, blink is pretty much all they had and knew to do. then when they broke up, they started doing there own thing. even though blink is back, they can't just forget and drop everything they had going on while blink was over. they started doing that under the assumption that blink was no more, its obviously something they really enjoyed doing. im glad travis made his album, i hope to see one from mark, i like that tom has AVA still, but as a frustrated fan also, it would be nice to see more blink at the moment.

anyway, doubt anyone read that whole thing, but thats just my 2 cents. if you don't agree thats fine, just don't be a dick :)

i honestly believe they though it'd be easier to write/record a new record.  I think they thought they could just pick up where they left off, but it's just like any relationship where you haven't seen/hung out with each other in years: it takes time and a concerted effort from all parties to make it work and I just don't think they realized the time commitment somehow over 2 years of not being productive.

They give us ideas of when things are going to be done then break them.  Up All Night coming out soon, NOPE not anymore.  Record gonna be done by end of 2010, oops just kidding.  Blinkumentary coming out soon, actually forget that.  New music going to be out by the begginning of summer before the European tour, actually no, we're all busy.  They reunited in like 2008.  There is no possible way all of this Travis and AVA shit was prebooked that far in advance.  Maybe they should actually try working on blink for real instead of half assing it.

they should just get in the same room and work their asses off to finish the record.

one of the reasons blink broke up was because tom wanted to record the album this way, and mark thought it was stupid.

and mark always said the same thing: "blink 182 is the best when the 3 of us are in the same room."

that's definately not what's happening atm.

people/fanboys say that its normal that they take a long time, cuz it's gonna be the best album.

that's just so stupid, they wrote toypaj in 2 weeks.

they should just get in the same room and work their asses off to finish the record.

one of the reasons blink broke up was because tom wanted to record the album this way, and mark thought it was stupid.

and mark always said the same thing: "blink 182 is the best when the 3 of us are in the same room."

that's definately not what's happening atm.

people/fanboys say that its normal that they take a long time, cuz it's gonna be the best album.

that's just so stupid, they wrote toypaj in 2 weeks.

ha aw cute. im in your sig.

yeah they write toypaj in a few weeks because that was them then. they have said numerous times that for the untitled, they actually wanted to take time to make it good and what not. obviously now they have a bunch of things going on. really the biggest conflict they faced in 2003 was travis touring with transplants. theres too much going on to be in the same room all the time, especially living a few hours form each other. i don't want them to make commitments they can't make, but i do want to hear updates, progress. seems a little unfair to say they are lazy when really, we don't know what they do 24/7.

You also gotta consider that they haven't worked together in like 7 years. You gotta get confortable with each to get things to where they were.

I just think this just shows they're committed to getting new music over playing live, which I am all for.

Up All Night probably sucked, so they didn't release it. No biggie. They're still working on new music, so why so butthurt? Why does it matter so much? They give ideas to when they think it will be done, of course it doesn't mean it will always be correct. Like I said, they never ever given specifics. Until they do, I would say that getting your hopes up is not their fault. They reunited in 2009 btw.

MSandt, What fucking stupid logic. It's not like people should "take into consideration" a bands tour dates with the progress they made based on INTERNET RUMORS. I'm not going to sit here and twiddle my thumbs and be like"WELL the tour probably isn't happening because I think they might be not close to done, so fuck it I'm not going to book a hotel room for my trip because I suspect they might cancel a whole entire european tour for another year".

Eh, why not? That's exactly how I'd think. It comes down to a person's level of risk aversion and in my case the risk of the band not appearing was just too high for me to start making arrangements. How can you criticize my assessment of the situation when it obviously paid off?

So you think its more than reasonable that the majority of fans, even the ones that don't keep up to date with any sort of forums (which I would consider many), should EXPECT that their tour has a big chance at being completely cancelled, based solely on the fact that there are internet rumors from what very little information we have had on the album of it being only half done, and despite Mark, Tom, and Travis constantly saying in article that they'll be ready for a summer 2011 release?

Yes; I'd only replace "has a big chance" with "has a big enough chance". This is of course subjective. For example, if the probability of them cancelling the tour were 20%, I'd consider that big enough.

Of course the first party that should be held responsible is blink. They made a promise and failed to deliver. However, the degree of disappointment depends on the degree of the expectations you had.

[move]BULLSHIT.WOW[/move]

good lord! too many assumptions and arguments.

when it really comes down to it, we don't have the facts. we don't know why things are taking long for the album, we don't know why they cancelled besides their statement. only people that know are mark, tom, travis and all the people close who work with them.

everything on here is just frustrated assumptions and hate.

what we do know is

mark has the show, tom has AVA stuff, travis had his album and now a tour.

BUT,we literally do not know how much time is used on blink and their other projects.

YES the canceling of the tour sucks, YES it REALLY sucks that it is taking this long. i too, am let down at this.

we can say all we want that its tom because of ava, that non of them care as much but, we don't know that. unless they come out and say those things, then we will not know.

as much as it sucks, i think canceling the tour is the right move. they shouldn't have booked it, that was their mistake.

remember how long it took them to prepare for the first north american tour in 09.all the rehearsing and stage production that went into it. although i may not know how all that stuff works, i would imagine that trying to finish the album, planning the stage production, figuring out how to play the new stuff, all the while getting travis there on time on a boat(which takes a long time)not very long after he gets back from his own tour, i don't see the summer tour happening.

personally, i dont want the first time i hear new blink to be shitty bootlegs from europe, then have to wait longer for the album to come out to hear what the fuck i was hearing. i want a new album out, i want to hear a single for that album a month or so before the album release, i want them to tour after the album is out. i want it to be GOOD.

its a lose lose situation for blink. they try to make commitments, but shit happens and fans get pissed that they didnt follow through. they don't say anything, fans get pissed cause theres no new news. they want to do others things of interest besides blink, fans get pissed because they don't think there are into it as much.

i just think people need to keep in mind that before blink broke up, blink is pretty much all they had and knew to do. then when they broke up, they started doing there own thing. even though blink is back, they can't just forget and drop everything they had going on while blink was over. they started doing that under the assumption that blink was no more, its obviously something they really enjoyed doing. im glad travis made his album, i hope to see one from mark, i like that tom has AVA still, but as a frustrated fan also, it would be nice to see more blink at the moment.

anyway, doubt anyone read that whole thing, but thats just my 2 cents. if you don't agree thats fine, just don't be a dick :)

Good post  8-)

We're mad because they don't give firm dates and when they do they just ignore them anyway.  Also, they break endless promises.

What the fuck?

This thread is exactly why THEY SHOULD NOT GIVE ANY DATES AT ANY TIME!