BLINK 182 RESCHEDULE EUROPEAN TOUR [CONFIRMED]

AudioFranzzz

Mark just tweeted

Another day in the studio recording guitars. I have decorative throw pillows where my hands should be.

/

i think tom should record the guitars, just sayin'.

Well when you want to get a Blink album out and your guitarist never shows at the studio, you got to do what you got to do.

Poor Mark, the dream of returning to 2003 success is fading by the moment.

Funny how he was left to deal with fallout of the cancelled tour. Tom and Travis haven't said anything.

They aren't a band anymore.  :-(

how sad am i too kinda agree with you...

but at the same time, i will say that you were wrong all the time when i saw a video clip for one of the new songs.

Yeah, it sucks.

i don't remember saying public statements don't mean anything. i said we don't know anything PAST a public statement. its not a fair judgment to say you really know how someone is by years of media coverage. you still don't know that person. you don't know how they are on a day to day basis. you can have all the crazy theories about tom and blink, and they could be totally right, but they are only theories. you don't know the actual truth behind it unless your buddies with the dude. thats just a fact. or unless they come out and say it. 

They are more than theories. Way more. Unless you think everything Blink has ever said publically is BS.

There are plenty of interviews floating around (very candid ones I might add) where Mark specifically says all the crap he put up with in 2004/2005 in regards to Tom. There is just SO MUCH stuff out there!

It goes WAY beyond just theories.

We don't know everything, and some stuff is assumption. But it's not like this stuff is just fantasy.  Most of it is grounded in fact.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm never listening to another blink-182 song again, I hope they rot.

If the songs weren't that damn good I'd the same :D.

Just listening to Enthused, so fucking good.

Yeah, I'm kidding, can't just do that now can we!

But this does blow for the Europeans.  Apologies, but blink isn't dumping you.  They're just going to Miami for Spring Break and need to be single for a bit.

Mark just tweeted

Another day in the studio recording guitars. I have decorative throw pillows where my hands should be.

/

Well when you want to get a Blink album out and your guitarist never shows at the studio, you got to do what you got to do.

Funny how he was left to deal with fallout of the cancelled tour. Tom and Travis haven't said anything.

but at the same time, i will say that you were wrong all the time when i saw a video clip for one of the new songs.

Yeah, it sucks.

i don't remember saying public statements don't mean anything. i said we don't know anything PAST a public statement. its not a fair judgment to say you really know how someone is by years of media coverage. you still don't know that person. you don't know how they are on a day to day basis. you can have all the crazy theories about tom and blink, and they could be totally right, but they are only theories. you don't know the actual truth behind it unless your buddies with the dude. thats just a fact. or unless they come out and say it. 

They are more than theories. Way more. Unless you think everything Blink has ever said publically is BS.

There are plenty of interviews floating around (very candid ones I might add) where Mark specifically says all the crap he put up with in 2004/2005 in regards to Tom. There is just SO MUCH stuff out there!

We don't know everything, and some stuff is assumption. But it's not like this stuff is just fantasy.  Most of it is grounded in fact.

yeah i know all that, but how about all the interviews since they got back together? all of them saying its good, better than ever. there hasn't been a negative interview about each other since late 08. so at this point, saying things are someones fault or no one cares like mark, that is just assumption. we don't know that at this point. you could say all you want about how tom has a history, which may be true, but they were also in another sate of mind then, and thats not to say that changed over time and it doesnt mean he will automatically be the same. but i wouldnt know! because im not mark tom or travis and neither are you!

I'm never listening to another blink-182 song again, I hope they rot.

If the songs weren't that damn good I'd the same :D.

Just listening to Enthused, so fucking good.

Yeah, I'm kidding, can't just do that now can we!

But this does blow for the Europeans.  Apologies, but blink isn't dumping you.  They're just going to Miami for Spring Break and need to be single for a bit.

gutted.

Mark just tweeted

/

Yeah, it sucks.

yeah i know all that, but how about all the interviews since they got back together? all of them saying its good, better than ever. there hasn't been a negative interview about each other since late 08. so at this point, saying things are someones fault or no one cares like mark, that is just assumption. we don't know that at this point. you could say all you want about how tom has a history, which may be true, but they were also in another sate of mind then, and thats not to say that changed over time and it doesnt mean he will automatically be the same. but i wouldnt know! because im not mark tom or travis and neither are you!

ofcourse the isn't a negative interview, they are in a band again!

i mean, if i were in a band with you, and i read that you did an interview with some guy, and said that we do not get along well, i would be pissed.

Mark just tweeted

/

Yeah, it sucks.

ofcourse the isn't a negative interview, they are in a band again!

i mean, if i were in a band with you, and i read that you did an interview with some guy, and said that we do not get along well, i would be pissed.

yeah of course, but my point is, there is no proof of them being mad, on bad terms,not caring blah blah blah. all we know is what we get from interviews or statements. everything at this point is basically only assumptions. thats it.

If they gave any proof that they still don't get along, they would break up.

As tom has said before, bands are like intimate relationships with feelings and egos and pride. Even if they aren't getting along, you don't tell the press behind the other members back lol.

The reality is that, behind the scenes, it is probably exactly how it appears at concerts. Tom is in his own world. Mark is annoyed at Tom. And Travis doesn't really care and just wants to play music and make money.

The reality is that, behind the scenes, it is probably exactly how it appears at concerts. Tom is in his own world. Mark is annoyed at Tom. And Travis doesn't really care and just wants to play music and make money.

I like that. I fully believe this quote to be 100% correct. Good call

Mark just tweeted

/

I doubt this would be a recording for a final song and if mark is writing a song, he's going to record guitars for it so he knows how it sounds. I play bass in my band but have more recordings of me playing guitar than bass due to the songs I'm writing.

As tom has said before, bands are like intimate relationships with feelings and egos and pride. Even if they aren't getting along, you don't tell the press behind the other members back lol.

DING DING DING!

If something is going wrong, there isn't a monkeys chance in hell we are going to know. Maybe 3 years from now when Blink is no more or on a VH1 behind the music.

But it is obvious to anyone that things are going bad and they are having major problems writing this album and being a band.

DING DING DING!

If something is going wrong, there isn't a monkeys chance in hell we are going to know. Maybe 3 years from now when Blink is no more or on a VH1 behind the music.

But it is obvious to anyone that things are going bad and they are having major problems writing this album and being a band.

it's so sad. but true i guess

DING DING DING!

Not 100% confirmed but probably.

They cancelled a major tour. That doesn't just happen without bigtime issues.

DING DING DING!

Hmm... I'd have to disagree with you on that one just because I think that's quite a generalization. I do agree that for a band to cancel a tour of that size, there's obviously problems. However, these problems do not necessarily reflect internal problems within the band itself, but could be a number of issues relating to the band outside of their "persona" if you will. Like, personally I don't think Mark and Tom are having these huge problems or anything, but I think the two people have different priorities when it comes to blink. That itself might be a huge issue, but its completely subjective to how you think of blink and what you think a "band" is. I don't think we're going to have any problems getting good music out of them. However, whether or not its really "genuine" (or in fact, what we know as blink182) is up to debate. In my honest opinion, I think we'll get some kickass music, and some really good blink music at that. However, I don't think blink 182 will ever "be" blink 182 (if you get what I mean), rather, they'll just be three guys who were in blink 182, know how to write blink-182 sounding songs (and great songs at that), but doing their own thing separately. It's no longer one unit, it's just three dudes who bring extraordinary talents to the table that can make a finishing product acceptable. So, genuine? No. Good music? Yes. So from whatever view you see blink 182 is dependent on that.

DING DING DING!

Hmm... I'd have to disagree with you on that one just because I think that's quite a generalization. I do agree that for a band to cancel a tour of that size, there's obviously problems. However, these problems do not necessarily reflect internal problems within the band itself, but could be a number of issues relating to the band outside of their "persona" if you will. Like, personally I don't think Mark and Tom are having these huge problems or anything, but I think the two people have different priorities when it comes to blink. That itself might be a huge issue, but its completely subjective to how you think of blink and what you think a "band" is. I don't think we're going to have any problems getting good music out of them. However, whether or not its really "genuine" (or in fact, what we know as blink182) is up to debate. In my honest opinion, I think we'll get some kickass music, and some really good blink music at that. However, I don't think blink 182 will ever "be" blink 182 (if you get what I mean), rather, they'll just be three guys who were in blink 182, know how to write blink-182 sounding songs (and great songs at that), but doing their own thing separately. It's no longer one unit, it's just three dudes who bring extraordinary talents to the table that can make a finishing product acceptable. So, genuine? No. Good music? Yes. So from whatever view you see blink 182 is dependent on that.

It saddens me that I agree with this. blink-182 will never be blink-182 again because Mark and Tom's friendship will never fully be restored. They might be friends now, but it definitely feels like they're more business partners than friends at this point. Mark and Tom being best friends is what made blink special. That element won't be there anymore. The music will probably kick ass though. Who knows. This album is going to determine a lot once it finally comes out.

Yeah, that's a good point. Something similar to when some good musicians come together to form a superband, as Them Crooked Vultures, for example. But you know what? That's what we use to name 'side project'. And that's what Oliver has been saying several times: blink-182 has turned into a side project.

DING DING DING!

i dont see it as major problems. it's more a whole bunch of minor problems. they don't live in the same city. they all have different commitments. travis has his solo stuff and his tour, tom has AVA, and mark has his show. that doesn't say that blink are fighting or breaking up or whatever, it's just a lot of other competing interests. and it's the staggered scheduling. when tom is touring, travis isn't, and when travis is touring, tom isn't. stuff like that. i don't disagree that they are showing a lack of commitment to this thing, but i don't see where this major problem thing is coming from, nor do i really see another break up happening. if anything, blink will just fizzle into nothing over a long stretch of time

Right now, mark and tom are both sitting at home with blink as their obvious top priority.

There is no reason in the fucking world why they can't meet up and work on this shit. How far is SD from LA? Like an hour? I drove an hour three times a week last semester to go to school. Shit's ridiculous.

Vic, DW..................Blink is a business and a passion of Mark's. It doesn't take much for people to fight. You don't think a delayed album and a cancelled tour is creating problems? You don't think lack of dedication is going to create a problem?

This isn't a side deal, this is a tens of millions of albums selling band in the process of a comeback. This is HUGE.We know Mark is not happy with how things are going "bummed beyond belief". But what is the reason for how things are going? Would Mark put his show above cancelling a tour? Would Travis be the type to flake out on recording drums?

Cmon, we all know why this is happening. We all know what led to Blink's initial breakup. We know all about the Kerrang article in which Tom said AVA was his focus. We all know they are in seperate studios after Mark stated in an interview that Blink would NEVER work that way.

It's so god damn black and white what is going on here. You really think it isn't leading to problems? You really think Mark is like "ah a cancelled tour a delayed album, nah, I am not mad at all". HAHAHA!