E3 2011

M!ke

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owned a handheld, but it'll be hard not to spring for a 3DS when games like Mario Kart, Mario 64, Zelda, Starfox, and Supersmash Brothers come out for it.  Plus there will always be a few really good original games that are worth buying.

E3 was better until they decided to keep everybody out, the excited video games fans etc and make it exclusive for the industry.

That's why Leipzeg in Germany which takes place every August is now the best video games event in the world.

i dont think that the mario games are the "best ever" but they have always been the new innovative game of its time. each new generation of games basically starts with a new mario game

They're certainly the best platformers ever, both 2D Marios and 3D Marios. 

Of course there are certainly greater games out there, but you'd be hard pressed to find a platformer thats greater than the Mario series.

i dont think that the mario games are the "best ever" but they have always been the new innovative game of its time. each new generation of games basically starts with a new mario game

They're certainly the best platformers ever, both 2D Marios and 3D Marios. 

Of course there are certainly greater games out there, but you'd be hard pressed to find a platformer thats greater than the Mario series.

I can think of only one. Banjo-Kazooie. It took everything great about Mario 64 and expanded on it. Of course you still have to credit the Mario series for the inspiration behind the game :P

I've never been interested in Mario, or Zelda. As a kid I owned a Sega Megadrive and I was more of a sonic fan. The next console I owned was the PSX, which made me more fan of Crash Bandicoot than any other console mascotte. I'm sure I've been missing out but nintendo is just not my thing.

I've never been interested in Mario, or Zelda. As a kid I owned a Sega Megadrive and I was more of a sonic fan. The next console I owned was the PSX, which made me more fan of Crash Bandicoot than any other console mascotte. I'm sure I've been missing out but nintendo is just not my thing.

took the same route except i got a genesis, my only exposure to  the first two nintendo systems was when i went to my cuz's house. DK country blew my mind as well as Links awakening. Also duck hunt with the fucking gun, sooo goddamn cool at the time.  I ended up getting the n64 and it's still one of my favorite consoles.

side note, that south park episode nailed how I feel about gaming these days. kinda sad seeing as gaming was my life for a good 13 years, now it takes every ounce of effort to start up a game.   

zelda kind of steered away a bit for me. phantom hourglass was really fun but spirit tracks is just stupid. i thought minish cap was dumb at first but i recently replayed it and loved it. so id definitely say i love zelda but a few of the games werent amazing. but the main ones were incredible.