The Story So Far

Cheerios4u98

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this band and I've seen them live six times (or seven, I can't remember) but Parker has absolutely no stage presence. As seen in that video. He just stands there the whole show, and sometimes gives the crowd a thumbs-up.

The only time he had any energy at a show was the first time I ever saw them in 2011 when they were still playing tiny local shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love this band and I've seen them live six times (or seven, I can't remember) but Parker has absolutely no stage presence. As seen in that video. He just stands there the whole show, and sometimes gives the crowd a thumbs-up.

The only time he had any energy at a show was the first time I ever saw them in 2011 when they were still playing tiny local shows.

He doesn’t look happy anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave and start another project

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

He doesn’t look happy anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave and start another project

I just think he doesn't belong to pop punk anymore. Also I love the direction they took with Proper Dose, the lighter tone, Parker's vocal.. it's a solid album and they can still make good music if they start getting away from pop punk.

I am friends with the boys in Boston Manor from way back, before they got famous, and straying away from pop punk was the best decision they could have made because they were never really into pop punk to begin with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I just think he doesn't belong to pop punk anymore. Also I love the direction they took with Proper Dose, the lighter tone, Parker's vocal.. it's a solid album and they can still make good music if they start getting away from pop punk.

I am friends with the boys in Boston Manor from way back, before they got famous, and straying away from pop punk was the best decision they could have made because they were never really into pop punk to begin with.

How the fuck are you mates with them ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

How the fuck are you mates with them ?

I know, it sounds weird ? but the two brothers in the band have some family over here (and in Malta) and we became friends because we loved the same music (brand new, blink, descendents etc.) then when they started the band I went to see them play some small house shows in 2013/2014 and became friends with all of them and they still have me over when I go see them. 
At their first show ever in London we were like 10 people, a couple of months ago I saw them at the Electric Ballroom and it was all packed, it was their biggest show to date, I felt like a proud mamma ?? they're really great and humble lads, they deserve all the success they have. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I know, it sounds weird ? but the two brothers in the band have some family over here (and in Malta) and we became friends because we loved the same music (brand new, blink, descendents etc.) then when they started the band I went to see them play some small house shows in 2013/2014 and became friends with all of them and they still have me over when I go see them. 
At their first show ever in London we were like 10 people, a couple of months ago I saw them at the Electric Ballroom and it was all packed, it was their biggest show to date, I felt like a proud mamma ?? they're really great and humble lads, they deserve all the success they have. 

That’s madness. I love the song Laika but not really into anything else of theirs though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

That’s madness. I love the song Laika but not really into anything else of theirs though. 

Laika is just wonderful, now they took on a darker, alternative sound with bleak lyrics, it works so well but I know they're not for everyone. 

• 4 months later...

Never got into these guys before but this video came up on my Youtube homepage and I checked it out and quite like it.  Found a couple of others by them I like but what are some other good ones to listen to? I imagine theres some fans on here

9 hours ago, knapton said:

Never got into these guys before but this video came up on my Youtube homepage and I checked it out and quite like it.  Found a couple of others by them I like but what are some other good ones to listen to? I imagine theres some fans on here

Quicksand

Daughters

Placeholder 

Empty Space

Take me as you please 

Upside down 

states and mind 

Keep this up

clairvoyant

Navy blue 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, knapton said:

Quicksand

Daughters

Mt. Diablo

Empty Space

All Wrong

Clairvoyant

Navy Blue

Loro

Smile 

Heavy Bloom

Nerve

Keep this Up 

Out of It

Let It Go

If I Fall

• 4 weeks later...

I often find myself falling back on them during fall/winter time. My fav album by them is Under Soil and Dirt but all in all there are very few songs of theirs which I don't like. Their songs are just so catchy and their lyrics really hits me. Still one of my favorite bands out there. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...