The Story So Far

Cheerios4u98

I dunno if there's already a thread on these guys, but I didn't see one so...

Anyway, anyone else like The Story So Far? I just saw these guys live earlier tonight, and they are so good! Amazing pop punk band. Check them out for sure if you haven't!

Sadly the venue had cut their set short (and completely cut the headlining band out of the show. Worst thing ever.) so they only got to play like four or five songs, but they were really great live. I'd definitely recommend these guys to anyone!

• Like 1

I just picked up their full length at the show, and just finished listening to it for the first time. I expected it to be good, but was blown away by how much I loved it. I think I'm gonna be listening to this thing non-stop this summer. It's rare that I love an album so much on my first listen.

Edit: And yeah, "Placeholder" is great. That was the standout track to me on my first listen through the album.

That's awesome, had to be a pretty good show.

I honestly didn't expect this album to hit me the way it has. Easily one of the best pop punk albums of the year in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since the first time I heard it. I haven't listened to an album this much since Yellowcard's new album came out :P

Right now my top three songs are (in no specific order):

Placeholder

Mt. Diablo

Roam

But the whole album is so good.

their split with maker and 'while you were sleeping' were better imo. the full length now sounds a bit more 'produced', i wouldnt say overproduced cause they are still a small band but yeh, i dont like the sound of it as much - the drums etc are less clear and vocals are less raw. they are a fucking class band though. wish theyd play my house parties!

good cover and show.

I think the guys in the band are super rad too, because like I said in the first post, the show got cut short, and the headlining band didn't even get to play. The headliner was my buddy's band, and it was their last show in town before they all moved out to New Mexico. At the last minute someone found a house for them to play at, so they still got to play a house show (which honestly made it a million times more epic), and just as they were about to start playing, The Story So Far all walked in to come see and support them. I thought that was the coolest thing.

their split with maker and 'while you were sleeping' were better imo. the full length now sounds a bit more 'produced', i wouldnt say overproduced cause they are still a small band but yeh, i dont like the sound of it as much - the drums etc are less clear and vocals are less raw. they are a fucking class band though. wish theyd play my house parties!

good cover and show.

I completely disagree. This album to them is what Mutiny was to Set Your Goals.

• 5 months later...

Sadly the venue had cut their set short (and completely cut the headlining band out of the show. Worst thing ever.) so they only got to play like four or five songs, but they were really great live. I'd definitely recommend these guys to anyone!

This happened to the show Niku and I went to last month. People kept stage diving so they turned on all the lights after 2 1/2 songs and started playing house music through the speakers. All the instruments we're still hooked up though so they were able to do 2 more songs without vocals. It was crazy having a venue full of kids scream the lyrics since there were no vocals.

good cover and show.

I love the song choice...but that is really a room full of dudes, is that what pop punk has become?  Dude city?  I'm way out of the scene these days.

^^ wtf. Should the room be full of girls like its some Justin briber concert?

Anyway. Theyre recording new material but Im guessing it's just for an EP or something.

haha no i didn't mean anything by it, i just mean like a mixed crowd.  I personally would be disappointed to go to a concert and see nothing but dudes but I mean the band is killing it so who cares.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...