Game of Thrones

n i k u

I love it. Have to download it here in Australia but I've seen the complete season. Most of my friends love it too and even my wife is in on it now. Probably the only show we actually both enjoy.

Completed devastated that Season 2 isn't out until next year.

I've been looking to buy all the books before the next season starts. Not sure if it's a good idea to read them and know what's going to happen in the show or leave it be and experience the show for itself. Readers of the books have been claiming that the show is pretty much 99% on track with the book and leaves nothing out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
4 hours ago, Nasa said:

I’m still going to be angry about the way this series finished years from now. What a garbage dump of an ending.

I still don't understand why it had to be 6 episodes. Season 7 I thought was great despite being shorter in length as the previous seasons. Season 8 felt like it needed 10 episodes though. It started off pretty strong with it's first 2 episodes although they seemed more like filler episodes to me.

Then starting with episode 3, the writers somehow decided to just take a huge stinky shit on their own work. They built everything perfectly. Everything was set up bloody perfect. There was the expected fight with Jon Snow & The Night King, Cersei reaching her demise, the Cleganebowl and the White Walkers reaching King's Landing.

We didn't get Jon Snow's fight. Cersei did reach her demise in the most cop out way possible. The only one that we actually got was the Cleganebowl which I thought was amazing. Although I would've hated seeing the White Walkers win the battle against the North, I can't deny it would've been good for story purposes.

They really should've had them reach King's Landing after the way they were hyped up from the previous 7 seasons. I honestly felt like they were unstoppable but they got shat on by the writers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I still don't understand why it had to be 6 episodes. Season 7 I thought was great despite being shorter in length as the previous seasons. Season 8 felt like it needed 10 episodes though. It started off pretty strong with it's first 2 episodes although they seemed more like filler episodes to me.

Then starting with episode 3, the writers somehow decided to just take a huge stinky shit on their own work. They built everything perfectly. Everything was set up bloody perfect. There was the expected fight with Jon Snow & The Night King, Cersei reaching her demise, the Cleganebowl and the White Walkers reaching King's Landing.

We didn't get Jon Snow's fight. Cersei did reach her demise in the most cop out way possible. The only one that we actually got was the Cleganebowl which I thought was amazing. Although I would've hated seeing the White Walkers win the battle against the North, I can't deny it would've been good for story purposes.

They really should've had them reach King's Landing after the way they were hyped up from the previous 7 seasons. I honestly felt like they were unstoppable but they got shat on by the writers.

D&D’s egos got too big. Full hate.

• Like 1

Aside from not having source material to rely on, my main issue with the last two seasons is that they transitioned from political, dialogue driven, 3D dimensional characters to big action movie that relied more on action than anything else. Littlefinger is the best example of this, as he went from a subtle mastermind to a transparent moron.

I also didn’t like the change in format to shorter seasons with a higher budget. They should have kept the 10 episode format as it allowed for more breathing room and dialogue, as opposed to characters traveling across the continent in one episode and having more drastic character development in one episode compared to 5 seasons.

• Like 2