• love
    • hate
    • grower

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how this was recorded back when they just got back together,

This is because mark said that they were going on tour to find out what is was to be blink-182 again and that it would take a while for them to be able to say no and to criticize each others ideas constructively.

What I'm meaning is, this was made back when they were all hugging and kissing and shit and Tom said, let's do this, and no one really stopped him because it was too awkward then.

I like the song but all the haters might like the rest of the album, and there is still another song coming in the next few weeks, it might be awesome :)

you got the people here who love it, the people who hate it, the dickriders who would love it if it was the adventure with different lyrics and hoppus on it,  

and the grower people, which is where I'm at. So be it. Everyone has their opinion and I respect that. Unfourtnely im not gonna be one of the "its blink so its good" people, and thats weird because thats how I always was with blink because everything WAS always good. Everything from flyswatter on I could listen front to back I kid you not, so its like just expected to put out something that would blow us all away. Untitled was a master piece, and I guess I expected something at least even to that album most likely better since they advance their songwriting and get better & better on each album imo, but honestly that song wouldn't fit untitled. Asthenia used effects in a totally different manner then AVA does. It is what it is. In the end its just one song and once we hear ghost on the dancefloor we can see more of the direction they are heading.

like my friend said "its like I cant and dont wanna say that something blink wrote could be bad since I love just about everything they've done, and even my least fav songs are still good, I just can't be let down but honestly im not feeling it, this is not almost a decade of wait worthy, its an AVA song rewritten a bit, and its so blatantly obvious which is why it really bothers me. The song isn't bad but its just...not blink."

I still think its fucked that its a riff they wrote in 2003

it does kinda bother me in a way that it was written so long ago when blink and tom were in a totally different musical zone. I mean 9 years and you couldnt think of anything new, its like its a song thats been recycled through two bands and he was like ehh fuck it might as well use that then start fresh. Idk not a big deal but still is a little ehhh to me.

honestly, if you really think it sounds like Angels and Airwaves, you're not listening close enough. the only part that is relatively AVA, is the chorus. and thats just cause of toms choice of delivery.

on that note, i love it. 8 years is too long.

Literally it's sounds like that AVA song....."Life doesn't hurt so badly. Please don't look at life look at me so sadly" whatver the name of that is.

That's what I thought too. Flight of Apollo. Super similar.

I still think (hope) that this was just to please the fans who waited so long specifically for this exact song, and that it's not really the song they think would do best as their first single. I have high hopes for song #2.

But if they really truly thought this was the best choice for a single out of all 14 tracks they've recorded... then... that sucks. And I like the song, but it's not single material at all. No catchy hook like I was hoping for.

(though this song already has 30 plays on my iTunes :lol: )

i like that song, it's weird though. i think i expected a feeling this kinda thing but then, that was eight years ago. the grew up, it sounds different, and thats somehow exiting and weird at the same time. we'll see what is there to come...

I've only read a page of reactions, but it seems like your guys like it.

I like it, but didn't love it. The music itself is good, stands out, but nothing as "hooky" as any first blink single ever. Tom's vocal effects are just....not good. Wish he hadn't done that. The outro is fucking tight. I think it feels like a BCR song in a AVA-era, if that makes sense. Maybe that's the thing that ruins the song, it sounds a little too familar. I can see some part BCR, some untitled, and a lot of AVA. It's like a glob of Tom's past few records all rolled into one. Turn the arena rock off, turn the punk rock on is my only real huge critique.

I'm hoping the album evolves moreso as this was probably the first song they worked on after getting back together.

I've only read a page of reactions, but it seems like your guys like it.

I like it, but didn't love it. The music itself is good, stands out, but nothing as "hooky" as any first blink single ever. Tom's vocal effects are just....not good. Wish he hadn't done that. The outro is fucking tight. I think it feels like a BCR song in a AVA-era, if that makes sense. Maybe that's the thing that ruins the song, it sounds a little too familar. I can see some part BCR, some untitled, and a lot of AVA. It's like a glob of Tom's past few records all rolled into one. Turn the arena rock off, turn the punk rock on is my only real huge critique.

I'm hoping the album evolves moreso as this was probably the first song they worked on after getting back together.

This! Also, too bad they're actually using AVA demo's. Like Bartje stated: it's more or less AVA featuring Mark Hoppus.

Yeah....it just doesn't sound like a blink song, it sounds like everything else they've done except blink. I think Travis really shines on this though.

The way Mark has been talking about the record, it seems to be a totally different album than what this particular song suggests. So I have a feeling this song is not a accurate picture of what's to come. I hope not, because I think this song will be one I don't love, but won't skip. But I will say that this song is a step back for them, it's like the missing piece of where untitled and wdntw converse. It being created in 2003 makes a lot of sense too. Hm,

The cool kids and the immature retards will hate it, the annoying tombots and 2006 blink noobs will cream their pants over it...ill love it for what it is: new blink, heartfelt blink, mature blink, not trying to please everyone possible blink, and just fucking blink. I love it.

I think this marks the beginning of something new and I'm excited as fuck about it. The song didn't blow me away at first, but with each and every listen I feel like it becomes even more of an organic blink song.