Up All Night......love or hate?

ManchesterAdam

Up All Night......love or hate?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Up All Night......love or hate?

• love
    • hate
    • grower

remember how mark said 1/3 would hate the album, 1/3 would love it and 1/3 would hate it at first and then love it. Yeah well this song is only one out of 11 so calm down people, obviously there was going to be ava influence. This was a song written by tom so shocker.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really disappointed on first listen tbh... I like the chorus, but not the verses really with those fucking daft effects, and that pre-chorus thing with Tom is fucking awful, brings the whole song down imo and screams 'I was left off an AVA album!' The interludes just don't fit at all, not blink at all.

To be honest, I know people hate it when people say stuff like this, but it was everything I was worried about, just has AVA shit all over it. Just sounds like that fucking awful band.

I know it's a bit of a daft thing to say but if that's anywhere near the best song on the album it will be a massive disappointment.

It feels like Tom wrote an AVA song and Mark and Travis tried to change it a bit but pretty much failed.

The core song is an AVA song.

Their isn't really any chorus, just a call and response verse that sounds like AVA with Mark,  an AVA pre chorus with Tom, following by them saying "keeps me up all niight" and some power chords.

Im very disappointed. But I am hoping other songs on the album will be better.

So much for liking the whole song more than the clip.

I'm really not looking forward to the album that much anymore if this is what they've chosen as the first single. Maybe Mark's songs will be good or maybe this song was just a bad choice. I don't know. But I definitely don't have high hopes for this album now.

Maybe it'll grow on me. :|

PS: I'm really bummed about not liking it. I want to, I just don't.

Nice. A little bummed about the pre-chorus as well, and at times I feel like they try to make a simple song a bit too complex. But what a groove the song kicks off into, wow! And a decent chorus. All in all, worth the wait.

Also, the hype on twitter is imense.