Up All Night......love or hate?

ManchesterAdam

Up All Night......love or hate?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Up All Night......love or hate?

• love
    • hate
    • grower

It was a little messy, like the tracks were not matching up super well, but it definitely had blink influence.  At some point I could totally hear some "tidal wave train, rip right through me" vibes, among other things.  The lyrics seemed pretty AVA, especially the first verse, but eh.  I liked this song.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worth the wait, liked the heavy riff. say what you want about hearing the ava-like sound, didnt the system of a down singer and guitarists's solo albums sound exactly like soad? its only one song and be glad a blink song came out, been to dam long.

Hmm.... it was okay, but it wasn't great. It felt like it was all over the place, and that wasn't a good thing.

I wonder if that's the kind of thing Jerry Finn would have helped with.

Yeah. As Mark and Tom said, Jerry was like the 4th member of Blink.

It was a little messy, like the tracks were not matching up super well, but it definitely had blink influence.  At some point I could totally hear some "tidal wave train, rip right through me" vibes, among other things.  The lyrics seemed pretty AVA, especially the first verse, but eh.  I liked this song.

ROFL!

IMO there shouldn't be ANY FUCKING AVA in Blink 182.

If Tom wants to write AVA songs, write them in AVA. This is shit. Travis has some good drumming and the guitar chords are decent but the entire song is destroyed by the fucking AVA pre chorus.

Tom is no longer able to seperate anything from AVA and that is a complete shame. He is no longer able to write a song without drawing on AVA.

What a fucking shame. I feared this would happen. I've feared it for 2 years and now its time to face reality.

The little clip had me doubtful, but I think I like the full song.

It's definitely quite different from almost any other blink song out there, but it still has some of the old trappings that give it that blink feel.

I'm not an Angels fan, either, and I disagree that this is Angels plus Mark and Travis. For one, the vocals and drumming are much better than most Angels songs. It's also consistently solid instead of, "decent up until the shitty parts," like most Angels songs. Then again.... maybe that's what Angels plus Mark and Travis would be.

Anyway looking forward to the album.

Everyone wants to call it all around our life with a better name

Everyone falls and spins and gets up again with a friend who does the same

Everyone lies and cheats their wants and needs and still believes their heart

And everyone gets the chills, the kind that kills when the pains begins to start

Now get this straight, Do you want me here?

As I struggle through, each and every year

And all these demons, they keep me up all night

They keep me up all night

Everyones crossed to bear the crown they wear on endless holiday

Everyone raises kids in a world that changes, life to a bitter game

Everyone works and fights, stays up all night to celebrate the day

And everyone lives to tell the tale of how we die alone some day

Just typed this out haha

Everyone wants to call it all around our life with a better name

Everyone falls and spins and gets up again with a friend who does the same

Everyone lies and cheats their wants and needs and still believes their heart

...And everyone gets the chills, the kind that kills when the pains begins to start

Everyones crossed to bear the crown they wear on endless holiday

Everyone raises kids in a world that changes, life to a bitter game

Everyone works and fights, stays up all night to celebrate the day

And everyone lives to tell the tale of how we die alone some day

when tom sing this he sounds weird ha ha

i can't help feel i've just added to a slew of up all night topics....but i thought a poll would be a good idea

IMO there shouldn't be ANY FUCKING AVA in Blink 182.

If Tom wants to write AVA songs, write them in AVA. This is shit. Travis has some good drumming and the guitar chords are decent but the entire song is destroyed by the fucking AVA pre chorus.

Tom is no longer able to seperate anything from AVA and that is a complete shame. He is no longer able to write a song without drawing on AVA.

What a fucking shame. I feared this would happen. I've feared it for 2 years and now its time to face reality.

stupid post is stupid.  you're asking for there to be no ava in blink, but by doing so you therefore ask for no blink in AVA which in turn means noblink in blink.  Come on man, Asthenia could just as easlily have been an AVA son gand you know it.  Plus if blink never broke up, you know that instrumentally, the next blink song would have sounded a lot like WDNTW.  Stop being so negative and open your hoirzons.  Just cuz the sound is similar to AVA, doesn't mean it sucks like AVA.

http://soundcloud.com/kroq/blink-182-up-all-night-kroq/s-au4sI

Here's a better quality link...

I dunno, the chorus grows on me more and more, and if you listen to this link on headphones, when the second chorus comes in, the main guitar riff they do is pretty blink to me. It has that major-key happiness to it.

anybody able to rip this, definitely sounds better quality wise. I tried using the safari method but didnt work. BTW, it is fucking annoying every time i try and post my post it keeps saying another post has been written, review your post. Fucking christ this is annoying.

Putting the AVA influence aside....

If this was a teaser track, I'd say alright, not bad.

But this is their fucking single. This is the one they figured would define the past 8 years that would reintroduce the world to blink 182 8 years later.  :lol: what a joke.

It fails badly. This thing won't go shooting up the charts. This thing won't return Blink to  its former glory.

I hope we get some good songs on the album and they can makeup for this.