LOVE Premeire LIVE In Theaters Across The United States August 10th

juice182

Movie = 9/10 ( If you can follow it, it's pretty good) The ending seemed very messy though they lost me toward the end

Anxiety = 10+ Idk, something about it is catchy about it and I really like it

Show = I don't even know what to rate it. It had potential but the singing seemed below par even for tom. The music and such was good, just lacked energy in my opinion.

After the feature film someone yelled out "bullshit" kind of disrespectful, but I could see how some people wouldn't like it.

There were about 30 people in the theatre in Portage,IN

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movie = 9/10 ( If you can follow it, it's pretty good) The ending seemed very messy though they lost me toward the end

Anxiety = 10+ Idk, something about it is catchy about it and I really like it

Show = I don't even know what to rate it. It had potential but the singing seemed below par even for tom. The music and such was good, just lacked energy in my opinion.

After the feature film someone yelled out "bullshit" kind of disrespectful, but I could see how some people wouldn't like it.

There were about 30 people in the theatre in Portage,IN

Which songs did they perform?

Don't post much, but thought I would comment about my experience.  My theater was surprisingly packed.  I thought there might be 10-15 people tops.  Seemed like people expected something completely different than what they got though.  I thought the film was okay, had pretty low expectations for it, kind of got lost by the second half.  Thought it was an interesting idea, but just not the type of movie I like.  Performance was pretty disappointing, too much emphasis on Tom's singing, should of included guitar/bass.

Have to agree that the clip with the horse was really funny! 

That was honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Haha. Just so boring and the ending made NO sense to me.

Q&A was boring too. But the clip of the horse did make me laugh.

The live performance was sort of cool. Tom sounded bad. I'd like to hear studio recordings of these versions of the songs though.

However, I thought Anxiety sounded awesome in the theater, and the music video was pretty rad too. I really liked the song.

there were like 20 people in my theater, including the parents of the main actor lol. the movie was pretty good, looked great and the effects were very impressive in my opinion for a low budget movie. its an art film so i wasnt expecting it to make a whole lot of sense or change my life or anything. score was cool. the songs were a good idea but toms voice was not suited for it. the Q&A was a bit awkward at times but it was cool to get some backstory, see chris, and to see tom so excited. the new video/song was good too, hopefully they release it soon.

Tom needs to stop introducing big projects to the world by singing live...seriously. Just looking at some of your feedback above. Mixed views on the film (to be expected, its a very indie movie which won't appeal to everyones tastes), q&a makes sense, as does the music video. But everyone seems to believe that the live performance was rubbish cos of Tom's voice.

I think if anything AVA does is to be taken seriously by anyone - he needs to avoid live singing otherwise people aren't gonna take the band's music seriously. Even if people went there, loved the film, found the q&a interesting, and enjoyed the music video, you will always remember the bad things about the night, i.e. Tom's shit live voice. That will pretty much kill anyone's interest in the band.

Tom needs to take voice lessons.

I don't even know if that's gonna help him now at this point in his life. Do you think if he has vocal training now he'll be able to improve his voice? I think its just knackered now from years of singing with an incorrect technique...

I don't even know if that's gonna help him now at this point in his life. Do you think if he has vocal training now he'll be able to improve his voice? I think its just knackered now from years of singing with an incorrect technique...

Of course it can.

just came back had about 30 people in my theater

short films/vignettes-ok it was just cool to hear the songs in surround sound...boring and no direction though to me

film-solid 8/10........cinematography was amazing...music was average..mostly just remixes/variations of Love songs (et ducit, soul survivor, moon and fiction, origins of fire, clevor love, flight of the apollo) 

I really liked the ending-it came together well to me..im still unsure of some stuff but I believe the director left it ambiguous on purpose.

band performance-Atom played with like 3 drums, David and Matt played synths, and Tom saying and played guitar only on the outro of Start the machine. 

they played everythings magic, start the machine and the adventure in very relaxed low key versions.

interview-Tom preached about what they were able to accomplish mostly

Anxiety-good song to me

was good all in all

So, how was the schedule? The movie began at 8pm Eastern Time and was immediately followed by that live stream from Boston with the Q&A & performance?

Someone posted a good medical explanation for his condition about a year or so ago so I doubt it's something that can be fixed.

Movie looks great, Anxiety is one of their best songs...

Tom needs to start miming live. The music in that live "show" sounded great, but those vocals were brutal.

His voice is good on the Blink tour, but the melodies are easier to sing. He does sound pretty shit on UAN live, probably why the Letterman gig was cancelled. Better to do GOTDF live to the country.

Tom needs to start miming live.

I've been thinking about that myself. This is obviously something that's generally looked down on (and for a good reason) but if his condition is medical and he keeps sounding like that, he really should consider just lip-synching. The band will never get anywhere if he keeps sounding like a drunken sailor.

With blink, it's forgivable because lyrics, and the way they're delivered, are not that important; blink doesn't have a message and their lyrics are not pretentious like AvA's. Also, there's heavier emphasis on instruments and Mark carries half the burden. On top of this blink fans are fine with half-assed live songs.

Tom needs to start miming live.

I've been thinking about that myself. This is obviously something that's generally looked down on (and for a good reason) but if his condition is medical and he keeps sounding like that, he really should consider just lip-synching. The band will never get anywhere if he keeps sounding like a drunken sailor.

With blink, it's forgivable because lyrics, and the way they're delivered, are not that important; blink doesn't have a message and their lyrics are not pretentious like AvA's. Also, there's heavier emphasis on instruments and Mark carries half the burden. On top of this blink fans are fine with half-assed live songs.

I disagree. I'd rather him sound  like this than fake it. Besides, when you hear him play live it sounds good. Just sounds worse on live recordings.

So true

So, how was the schedule? The movie began at 8pm Eastern Time and was immediately followed by that live stream from Boston with the Q&A & performance?

Before the 8pm EST time, they played the 4 extra clips they posted on youtube these last few weeks showing more of each of the interviewee characters of the movie. There was a countdown clock in the bottom corner counting down til the movie start.

At 8pm sharp, that Kut U Up guy, Chris Kote, came on stage live and kind of explained what was going to happen throughout the showing.

Then the movie started. Was about 1hr 30mins or so maybe?

Immediately after the final credits AVA played their short set of 3 songs taking around 20 minutes or so.

Short Q & A 15mins? Followed by the intro and build up for the new video

New Video

END