Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8

m-rad

So two episodes have gone by... What does everyone think? It doesn't seem to have the same zing to it. Anyone agree? Its hard to explain but Larry seems like WAY more of a dick than he's ever been. Like usually there is some sympathy towards his character, but during the last two episodes i've just been like "well fuck him, he deserves it".

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've been disappointed by it so far. The last season was kind of the same way. I mean, the Seinfeld parts were great and some other episodes were good, but overall, last season was pretty lackluster too.

I'm still watching it because even the bad episodes have good moments, but it's really not the show it used to be.

i still love it, still hysterical to me. And no matter what I always have some sympathy towards larry because for the most part I think just like him. And i totally see where he is coming from, most of the time he is right.

my thoughts exactly. This show doesn't feel like it's missed a beat. I feel like it's almost getting better with each season

can't wait to see what happens when he goes to NY.

1st episode was pretty great, 2nd wasn't anything fantastic, but it still had its laughs.

I have to agree though, season 7 as a whole was a disappointment, especially with the potential it had with all the Seinfeld stuff.  Still, it wasn't without its moments.

you people are crazy. Last season was the best season

The best episode "The Black swan" didn't even have anything to do with the Seinfeld arc

Exactly!  That was a really great episode.  Thats why its so sad to see when you have so much promise by bringing back Seinfeld, only to see it not be anything all that great.  It had its laughs, but season 7 was far from the best season.  The Black Swan though was one of the greatest episodes.

Well I don't know what you were expecting man but I thought they handled the Seinfeld reunion perfectly. I don't see how it could have worked any other way.

Well I would have liked to see more of the Seinfeld stuff.  They had confirmed Uncle Leo would be there, but he wasn't.  And why have a stupid round table read of the script when they can actually be acting it like an actual Seinfeld episode (even if they're holding the scripts)?  What so we can get the stupid pen thing between Larry and Jason.  Its a lot of little things that they did and didn't do last season that just left me disappointed.

I'm liking it. Loved the last episode. But yeah, Larry seems way more dickish. But he's going through a divorce, so I guess his character gets this way without cherrl.

Leon is so great though, the fact he's still living with Larry despite his family leaving and never actually being in Katrina is so funny.

Well I don't know what you were expecting man but I thought they handled the Seinfeld reunion perfectly. I don't see how it could have worked any other way.

Well I would have liked to see more of the Seinfeld stuff.  They had confirmed Uncle Leo would be there, but he wasn't.  And why have a stupid round table read of the script when they can actually be acting it like an actual Seinfeld episode (even if they're holding the scripts)?  What so we can get the stupid pen thing between Larry and Jason.  Its a lot of little things that they did and didn't do last season that just left me disappointed.

Well i'm pretty sure they didn't wanna make it an episode of seinfeld... I thought the 7th season was amazing

It's just hard to please some people, man. Frankly I'm just glad he decided to do another season. For everything the man's done I trust that he'll know when to hang it up, and he clearly still has a lot left in the tank. I was dying during last week's episode.

If you guys listened to Rich Eisen's podcast a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure tonight's episode is the main one Rich was talking to the Curb/Seinfeld writers about. Can't wait.

Haha Leon is a large part of whats keeping the show from going stale, he's probably my favorite character in it.

And its not like I didn't like Season 7, it just was disappointing to me, I had high expectations, and it just didn't come close to meeting them, it was still funny though, but I would also say its not their best season.