Boomer for boobies

lowson

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who likes alternative/pop punk music knows who he is and would consider paying to meet him, over a lot of, if not most, band members in the genre.  You like poppy music, you feel the same way about Britney.  I mean, 1,000 to meet Britney Spears is RIDICULOUS, I think.  Tom has equally as devoted fans, but meets the same people all day every day.  You charge bigger money, the real fans come through and you donate some of it to charity.  I think it's fine.

I knew a "fanboy" comment would follow. broken record.

Tom has annoyed me with some of the things hes done since the reunion but i have alot of respect for him.

The guy doesnt dress up and but on some fake show, hes always honest about the music hes writing and spends his time infront of thousands of people telling fart jokes.

Tom Delonge, the lead singer of a world headlining rockband is doing a meet and greet for fans and is donating some of the money he makes to charity, i see nothing wrong with that.

The price is high but, as has been pointed out many many times, if he charged 20$ for a meet and greet then they wouldnt be possible.

Tom did have a BBC show based around a kid who was obsessed with him. So he's not like a total unknown oli.

I didn't say he was a total unknown at all. I am just saying he ain't Britney Spears and he ain't worth $200.......

well, thats a dumb statement. maybe he is not worth it for you personally but

you cant judge for the wohle market. not even you. supply and demand you know...

Met tom this year for free, dude asked me my name before i had said anything.  The polar opposite of arrogant and uninterested.

He doesnt have to do meet and greets, mark and travis arnt and the last time they did it was with tmobile.

The fact hes doing them (as boomer, come on thats cool) atall and raising money for charity is a nice thing to do.

The hatred you have for tom is far creepier than the guys who pay to meet him.

HAHA! Tom Delonge charges fans $200 to meet him under the guise of a charity auction and you still are able to spin it to be a commendable act.

You are a fanboy 100% with no objectivity.

Tom, in a meet and greet setting is exactly as I described him and has been confirmed by many people including Ghent. So stop the BS.

Agreed, like you said 2 years ago it was 20 bucks to meet Tom. This year they upgraded the AVA-VIPs to 100 but that included a shirt,soundcheck,cd etc. I didn't even think it was worth it at 100 dollars. The amount that is going to charity is such horseshit.

Calling it Boomer for boobies means he is doing it for boobies, if he wants to make money it should be Boomer for making money and boobies. I agree with Oliver on this one if it's the case, Tom should not make any money off of this!

Anyone who likes alternative/pop punk music knows who he is and would consider paying to meet him, over a lot of, if not most, band members in the genre.  You like poppy music, you feel the same way about Britney.  I mean, 1,000 to meet Britney Spears is RIDICULOUS, I think.  Tom has equally as devoted fans, but meets the same people all day every day.  You charge bigger money, the real fans come through and you donate some of it to charity.  I think it's fine.

I don't think the amount of money a person has or is willing to spend on a band is a good way to rate how much of a fan they are.

$1000 for Britney Spears is ridiculous. It's all ridiculous. From the  the $100 tickets, the $40 shirts, the $200 meet and Greets and on and on and on.......music has become such a lucritive business and a lot of musicians have lost sight of what is really important, the MUSIC.

If people can accept it for what it is and enjoy themselves anyway, that is TOTALLY FINE WITH ME.

Its the FUCKING FANBOYS, who suck TOM DICK and defend everything he or any celebrity does is what pisses me OFF.

:-)

Agreed, like you said 2 years ago it was 20 bucks to meet Tom. This year they upgraded the AVA-VIPs to 100 but that included a shirt,soundcheck,cd etc. I didn't even think it was worth it at 100 dollars. The amount that is going to charity is such horseshit.

Wow, you agree!?!?!?!

Yep, you are right. You are more objective than I once thought. :-)

I knew a "fanboy" comment would follow. broken record.

Tom has annoyed me with some of the things hes done since the reunion but i have alot of respect for him.

The guy doesnt dress up and but on some fake show, hes always honest about the music hes writing and spends his time infront of thousands of people telling fart jokes.

Tom Delonge, the lead singer of a world headlining rockband is doing a meet and greet for fans and is donating some of the money he makes to charity, i see nothing wrong with that.

The price is high but, as has been pointed out many many times, if he charged 20$ for a meet and greet then they wouldnt be possible.

I have commended Tom many times for his choice to do AVA and not follow what he know would sell. I can't stand AVA, but that is seperate from that.

I don't think the amount of money a person has or is willing to spend on a band is a good way to rate how much of a fan they are.

$1000 for Britney Spears is ridiculous. It's all ridiculous. From the  the $100 tickets, the $40 shirts, the $200 meet and Greets and on and on and on.......music has become such a lucritive business and a lot of musicians have lost sight of what is really important, the MUSIC.

If people can accept it for what it is and enjoy themselves anyway, that is TOTALLY FINE WITH ME.

Its the FUCKING FANBOYS, who suck TOM DICK and defend everything he or any celebrity does is what pisses me OFF.

Says the boy who stalks Tom's tour bus.

Yeah, I'm just saying that it's nothing particularly terrific, he's not worth 200 to me, considering how much I make, but it might work better for him, if you think about it.  Fewer people will buy it, better meet and greets.  Also, I think people who are willing to throw down that much DO tend to be bigger fans.  Granted, it could just be rich fucks who could care less, but I don't think it would often be the case.

Wow, you agree!?!?!?!

Yep, you are right. You are more objective than I once thought. :-)

LOL yeah i agree, Like you said earlier Tom is not the most exciting person to meet.

Maybe if you have boobs it's exciting but for guys it's not all that. Especially for a 2.5 second meeting which include signing something, a picture, and a quick hi.

I don't think I'd pay more then 20 bucks to meet Tom.

Says the boy who stalks Tom's tour bus.

Come on now Ghent, that was 5 years ago. It was my dream to meet him, I did it, and got it out of my system.

I'd never do that again.

LOL yeah i agree, Like you said earlier Tom is not the most exciting person to meet.

Maybe if you have boobs it's exciting but for guys it's not all that. Especially for a 2.5 second meeting which include signing something, a picture, and a quick hi.

I don't think I'd pay more then 20 bucks to meet Tom.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm trying to remember if when I met Tom with AVA if he said anything to me. I really can't remember. I'm not sure that he did. Matt, Atom, and David all did though, I can clearly remember them talking to me.

The first time i met him back in 2006 he asked me if i actually liked the shirt i was wearing (which was from their first tour with taking back sunday) which kind of caught me off guard since he asked me lol. Second time at warped we didn't really say much.

This is gonna sound stupid, I don't really care, but Britney Spears charged $1,000 to meet her with no charity platform.  I feel like he could be a lot worse about pricing considering how famous he is.  If he's sick of meeting so many people, as people here seem to have indicated by their bad experiences with him, why not limit it to the people who seriously want to meet him and are willing to throw down to do so.  I dunno, I don't think it's that fucked up of him.  It's not a very noble thing to do, but it's not horrible.

It's telling of this band's greatness that we should consider what Tom is doing a disgrace while something like this would be "business as usual" if we were talking about Britney.

I'm trying to remember if when I met Tom with AVA if he said anything to me. I really can't remember. I'm not sure that he did. Matt, Atom, and David all did though, I can clearly remember them talking to me.

The first time i met him back in 2006 he asked me if i actually liked the shirt i was wearing (which was from their first tour with taking back sunday) which kind of caught me off guard since he asked me lol. Second time at warped we didn't really say much.

I know for a fact when I met him he didn't initiate conversation. If anything (and I wish I could remember...) he might have said "sure" when i asked to take a picture with him or sign something. Maybe he said "hi" when I walked up. Can't remember. But like I said, Matt, Atom, and David all talked to me.

When you do the meet and greet stuff, it becomes like an assembly line. It all blends together and you just start going through the motions. That's how it was at warped tour in 2008. Tom was totally not paying attention to anything. Say hi, utter a few words of how great I am, I will say thanks, get your picture, next in line.......You are gonna pay $200 for that?

In 2006, outside of the meet and greet setting, he was much nicer and aware that he was talking to me. HAHA!