HEARTS ALL GONE

Fishguts182

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I heard Hearts All Gone, it reminded me Lemmings song, then I went into Dude Ranch album, and it was like OMG awesome lyrics, they are long. I went back to Up All Night.... and... I don't know, I like the song but I think they could wrote better lyrics, at least more verses.

Everytime I hear Up All Night I feel like a bridge it's missing.

But Hearts All Gone is awesome as fuck, it fits on Dude Ranch.

I personally feel like it would sound out of place on dude ranch...

1. The drums are waaay different than the style on dude ranch.

2. Its tone is quite a bit darker than dude ranch.

3. the bridge especially sounds nothing like dude ranch.

4. Marks voice is noticeably different than on dude ranch.

I get that people think it would fit because its fast but I just dont see it that much.

I DO see similarities with dude ranch, but I see just as many with toypaj and Self titled and plus 44.

I get that people think it would fit because its fast but I just dont see it that much.

I DO see similarities with dude ranch, but I see just as many with toypaj and Self titled and plus 44.

hahaha you said dude ranch like 6 times

hahaha you said dude ranch like 6 times

And you care, whats sadder?

Man, these new songs are amazing......besides UAN.

I think HOG is still my favorite but I am kind of waiting for the studio versions of the two others. I think they are going to be just as good.

I've literally had HAG in my head all day today and yesterday. I can't get over the drumming. Love the hooks after the breakdown where Travis just accents the shit out of it. Love the palm muted guitar during the breakdown. The whole thing is just great.

GOTDF is kind of sad. It makes me think of Travis's plane crash. How I bet those people burned to death. How it took that to bring blink back together. Its very sad.

I'm not the one whining. The way he says it he acts as his opinion is fact as a lot of people do around here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion yes but don't gotta shove it down peoples throats as if truth. "It just isn't good. sorry" thats what he said as if we who are all enjoying the song are wrong because hes telling us "well sorry guys you love the song, but it just isn't good. its the worst song they've ever made. So don't tell me to stop whining.

Please stop. Would you point out that the above in in fact my opinion? Would you say I am shoving it down your throat?

I agree Oliver, It feels like these new songs are pretty drum oriented which is fine with me cause Travis is an amazing drummer. I can't WAIT to hear the studio version of After Midnight that might be my favorite out of the 4 we've heard.

Yeah I agree, and After midnight might also be my favorite. But I really want the studio versions first.

Been listening to the song for the first time since yesterday.

It's good but it'd be great if you could hear Tom somewhere there, in the background vocals or guitars. No question these guitars are all Mark. Tom would never palm mute the way Mark does on this track. Vocals are very good and I like the bridge. It's definitely got a Dude Ranch vibe but +44 influences are obvious too.

Btw, in all fairness those who disliked UAN because Tom brought too many outside influences should be more angry at this song because there's no sign of collaboration.