Blink-182: Alt Press Issue. out 9/6/11 (w photos of article)

bojangles

How do you guys know who recorded what on the past albums? And this album? Have they ever actually said anything like that or are you just assuming?

It's hard to tell on past albums because (like msandt said) it was one studio and they collaborated more. In HAG it is clearly Mark on guitar because Tom just doesn't get that tone or play that way.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reallly good interview/article.

I think the major obstacle of this album (as a listener) will be to ignore the fact that some/most of the songs were written individually.

Tom complimenting Mark on a song and literally saying he had nothing to do with it is a bit weird.

I don't agree. To me this is not relevant. I'm pretty sure this happened on the past a lot of times. The difference is that before 2003 they didn't split. Now people is overexagerating things or paying too

much attention to some details.

Neighborhoods will be an awesome album.

But it's not "blink" if mark plays all the instruments on one song, like he did on hearts all gone. There haven't been any songs from the previews albums that they done that.

For real. I was bummed to see how HAG ended up being part of the album. Not only that, but it uses the only interlude on the album to go into a shitty song (worst blink song ever released imo). I would love to go up to mark and ask him how many takes it took him to come up with such an original and unique bridge :/. fuck that song. Gives me a headache, so ill stop listening to it.

Judging by this article, blink really needs to fire its managerial branch and consolidate. It sounds to me like every single thing they broke up over is even worse now. (recording in separate studios, not focusing on blink, the "machine" driving them, etc.)

I mean they obviously canceled the Letterman performance over some huge fight that they had to work out for three hours on the phone. Not good signs for the future. Especially when Tom can be in a band that consists of sitting around the couch at his house all day if he wants to.

the guy who wrote that article sucks. he would have gotten more access if it was for a different magazine. AP is a joke. there's probably an article glorifying Black Veil Brides or some shit on the next page.

It's like the guy had a big ass chip on his shoulder while he was writing it.

Judging by this article, blink really needs to fire its managerial branch and consolidate. It sounds to me like every single thing they broke up over is even worse now. (recording in separate studios, not focusing on blink, the "machine" driving them, etc.)

I mean they obviously canceled the Letterman performance over some huge fight that they had to work out for three hours on the phone. Not good signs for the future. Especially when Tom can be in a band that consists of sitting around the couch at his house all day if he wants to.

Didn't really pick up on that, If anything the interviewer like most wrote it to how he wanted it to sound, It was obvious the douche had a big chip on his shoulder. Hell the guy who wrote the last AP Blink article was kind of the same way. IMO the Blink AP articles have pretty much sucked.

Didn't really pick up on that, If anything the interviewer like most wrote it to how he wanted it to sound, It was obvious the douche had a big chip on his shoulder. Hell the guy who wrote the last AP Blink article was kind of the same way. IMO the Blink AP articles have pretty much sucked.

Well Tom said they fought for three hours on the phone and it was on the same day (or at least nearby) the scheduled Letterman show.

It's obvious to me that they were supposed to play on Mark's show and on Letterman, but something happened that prevented this. Maybe it was just manegerial bullshit.

Well Tom said they fought for three hours on the phone and it was on the same day (or at least nearby) the scheduled Letterman show.

It's obvious to me that they were supposed to play on Mark's show and on Letterman, but something happened that prevented this. Maybe it was just manegerial bullshit.

It's shitty because they have like 10000 managers and all this shit. But honestly in regards to the article i didn't read the whole thing cause like i said earlier the guy just seemed pissed at blink.

You should read the whole thing. I thought it was a good article. No bullshit.

The things he was pissed about seem fair. I mean, them changing their mind about letting him hear the album? Travis changes his mind about the interview and is brisked away. His publicist screening questions about DJAM. Only getting 30 minutes with blink when promised a day of rehearsal and album listening.....

By the end of the article he makes it clear that it isn't really blink's fault.

100% false on the letterman thing.  Thanks to the advent of lovely things like twitter, we knew that the three band members weren't even all in New York at that point for the Letterman taping.  I dunno why hoppus on music didn't happen, but i'd assume maybe it might in the next few weeks before the record drops......

the article itself seems like an honest assessment of how hard it is to get all these guys in a room speaking together.  They're clearly all great when they're around each other, it's just the layers of bureaucracy that are an obvious nuisance to everyone. 

100% false on the letterman thing.  Thanks to the advent of lovely things like twitter, we knew that the three band members weren't even all in New York at that point for the Letterman taping.  I dunno why hoppus on music didn't happen, but i'd assume maybe it might in the next few weeks before the record drops......

the article itself seems like an honest assessment of how hard it is to get all these guys in a room speaking together.  They're clearly all great when they're around each other, it's just the layers of bureaucracy that are an obvious nuisance to everyone.

lol wat?

I never said they were all in NY. Why would they be talking on the phone if they were all in NY? Mark and Tom were there though.

Would anyone mind scanning this magazine when they get it... I find reading these photo's almost impossible. Thanks.

Have you tried zooming in? Ctrl + on firefox

Thanks. Yeah I have. It's partly my eyes (definitely if you ugys can read it) I have tried IE, Firefox, viewing them on my IPhone,, saving them and opening them in various photo viewing programs. If I zoom in enough to read I still cant quite make out the words because they arent clear they are slightly blurry. I could read the track descriptions by concentrating.

The Kerrang scans for instance are fine (because they are scans)

Really appreciated this, but there's any chance to have bigger scans?

Thanks in advance.

Take TomMarkTravis's advice and

Press

Ctrl +

On your keyboard to zoom into the scans.

That might help.

Also, where did this rumor about them fighting on the phone come from?

From the article that you are giving instructions on how to read-- straight out of tom's mouth lol.

Really appreciated this, but there's any chance to have bigger scans?

Thanks in advance.

Take TomMarkTravis's advice and

Press

Ctrl +

On your keyboard to zoom into the scans.

That might help.

Also, where did this rumor about them fighting on the phone come from?

From the article that you are giving instructions on how to read-- straight out of tom's mouth lol.

Thats so weird, I read the whole thing and i dont remember that. Ill go back and try to find it.

Edit: Are you referring to the part where he said "We were on the phone for hours?"

He never specified that they were "fighting"