Neighborhoods Review Thread

iSimon

Is it me or are their vocals (Mark's especially) a tad drowned out by the music? Does that have something to do with the mixing aspect of the album?  I always dislike when vocals are heavily drowned out by the guitar and such.

Only 1 song left to listen to, I wish I could pause this moment.  Can't believe first listen is almost over.

I'm not even sure what to rate it, it's so different.  Only a few songs that had that "jump out of your chair" excitement at first, but it will NO DOUBT be easier to enjoy when I learn it.

Still not sure anything can top what Untitled does for me though.

First listen: 8/10.

It's worth mentioning that, for me, this album has been the most anticipated thing for me in years, so it was bound to come with a little let down since it's been so long.  Overall though, I really like it.  Just wish Mark was a little more prevalent on the record and sound as a whole. Also, no Travis on the interlude really ruined that track for me.

Haha just started my third back to back to listen, loving the record version of GOTDF, only wish the guitar in the intro had a bit more power...but it's still amazing.

Yeah was thinking the same dude.

I cannot believe how amazing the album is, like I was expecting it to be good but it's just blown my fucking head off.

I cannot wait to hear them live now!!

After first listen and half way into my second listen: 8.5/10. Very good! I wasn't expecting anything near this good, especially after hearing up all night and the "unproduced" hearts all gone. And to think the recording process was in seperate studios for a large chunk. They did a very good job, I am so glad blink is back! I also think my rating will probably go up with more listens, I think this album will grow on me in the coming weeks/months just like self-titled did. Lyrically I think this is their best album.