Neighborhoods Review Thread

iSimon

I can't, for the life of me, put some kind of meaning to the "stop living in the shadow of a helicopter" line.  It's such a catchy, Blink-182 (Mark mainly) lyric, but I just don't get the metaphor.  I must be an idiot.  I feel like that line needs more meaning for me to really feel it.  Otherwise it just sounds kind of like a silly lyric. 

Someone, make me love it!

I can't, for the life of me, put some kind of meaning to the "stop living in the shadow of a helicopter" line.  It's such a catchy, Blink-182 (Mark mainly) lyric, but I just don't get the metaphor.  I must be an idiot.  I feel like that line needs more meaning for me to really feel it.  Otherwise it just sounds kind of like a silly lyric. 

"living with fear or oppression. i was driving home from the studio and a helicopter flew overhead, and by chance its shadow crossed right in front of me. i thought of people whose life everyday is spent with these shadows circling. "

it is impossible to hide in the shadow of a helicopter. You will always be seen because the blade shadows constantly change, flashing you in and out of light.

what about the entire bridges of gotdf, after midnight, hearts all gone, up all night ending. they leave plenty of space for just the music to flow

I didn't say every song. Ghost on the Dance Floor is pretty good. I don't think the intro guitar riff fits with the rest of the song particularly well though.

I already excluded the other 3.

I love this record, but when I listen to 'I miss you' after that, I'm just thinking something like "i will never hear a song like i miss you again'... To me the new songs are not as powerful... But anyway, the record is great and I love it.

kinda agree with you..

So it is a new era. It used to be people that clung to the pop-punk days. Now people will cling to the untitled days. Sign of being an awesome band.

I love this record, but when I listen to 'I miss you' after that, I'm just thinking something like "i will never hear a song like i miss you again'... To me the new songs are not as powerful... But anyway, the record is great and I love it.

Yeah I've been having trouble expressing what I think about Neighborhoods, but I think you put it simply and effectively. Agreed.

My (short, about to watch a game of football!) review:

- better album than I had expected

- a little bit more Mark please

- awesome cow bell (is it a cow bell?) in GOTDF

- really like Marks basslines

- it all sounds like AVA, but in blinkstyle (it's obvious: Tom needs Mark and Travis)

- do not think it sounds like selftiteld AT ALL (I like selftitled a lot more than this album)

- not going to complain about "too much ava" etc. It is what it is, and it's a new blink album, and we should just be happy

- fighting the gravity worst blink song ever made

- HAG by far the best song on the album

- I miss a huge travis drum solo (like the ending of the I'm lost without you)

- a little bit too much sound effects, like the ending of Snake Charmer, it's just useless

- guitars not raw enough

- a little bit more Tom and Mark interaction would have been nice

Sounds like a bad review, but I do like the album, because I expected worse.

Also, only listened to it 4 times, I think I can only give a good review after a lot of listens..

So why does everyone seem to hate/dislike Fighting the Gravity?

you'll find out on september, 27th.

the intro kinda fools you, you think it's going to be something like a fast song but no, it gets really dark, drum'n'bass beat comes in then all really dark again with mark singing, very hypnotic song, sets you to wierd mood, reminds me of a little death. they could do better with it, idea is pretty cool, but some parts are annoying.

gotta add that the last track is a great finish of the record. it sounds like what tom always wanted to do with new blink and he filnally made it. epic closer.

For those of us who think Snake Charmer (or another one of the bonus tracks) should have been on the standard version of the album: if you had to remove one track to make room for it, which song would it be?

I think I'd take out Love is Dangerous, but it's a tough call.

For those of us who think Snake Charmer (or another one of the bonus tracks) should have been on the standard version of the album: if you had to remove one track to make room for it, which song would it be?

id do the same

id do the same

Love Is Dangerous is the true album closing track, you can't take it out. Its the only one that sounds good to end with.