Neighborhoods Review Thread

iSimon

I think the fact that Tom is singing "Love, love is dangerous" makes people think that "OMG HE IS STUCK IN LOVE AVA MOTION"

well its just because a whole lot of ava songs have the basic  theme of love

yeah, but most AVA songs just spout about how great love is, blink talks about what love really is, which among other things is dangerous.

Anyways, there really isn't a song on this album that I don't like, its really hard for me to believe it, but despite waiting 8 years for a follow, I was not disappointed in the slightest by what they followed self titled up with.  It does reaffirm though why this band should never break up again, they just know how to make good music.

It's weird. When i first heart blink182-blink182, I was instantly sure it was the best record they had ever put out. I'm really not that exited and happy for this record.. But I'm sure the cheetah vids (Downclip, imissyouclip, SSCLIP and so on) got me exited) which, im sure made me appreciate the record a lot more.. (sounds strange) :P

I really like this one, but I can't say it feels as good as the last one.. I'm really sorry to say that because i love blink182 so much! But there is something missing here... I can remember  playing "feeling this" (action) when it got leaked, on my discman for 4 weeks straight and not get tired of it!

Maybe it's because I was only 16/17 when blink182/blink182 was released :P

Sorry for the bad english..

"This Is Home" reminds me, and don't know why, to "Rite Of Spring" of AvA. And they maybe don't have anything to do with each other, yow know... but well, the way Tom sings the begining... Also, such a great chorus.

always has for me as well, even though the songs are about different things. i think they are both just very simple and really feels like tom is just telling a short story

I think the fact that Tom is singing "Love, love is dangerous" makes people think that "OMG HE IS STUCK IN LOVE AVA MOTION"

So do most Blink songs... In fact so do most songs ever made.

Yeah, but AVA rarely goes beyond the truly basic elements of the love theme, and is known for incredibly simplistic and/or generalized lyrics (ie- "We all are love and love is hard, we're hard to love" or "Did you know that I love you?"  or the talking before Epic Holiday that just keep talking about love in unbelievably cheesy terms like "it's so amazing" and "it changes everything", etc).

In other words, AVA lyrics are often INCREDIBLY shallow, generic, and cheesy.

Yeah, but AVA rarely goes beyond the truly basic elements of the love theme, and is known for incredibly simplistic and/or generalized lyrics (ie- "We all are love and love is hard, we're hard to love" or "Did you know that I love you?"  or the talking before Epic Holiday that just keep talking about love in unbelievably cheesy terms like "it's so amazing" and "it changes everything", etc).

Wow. Are those lyrics from real AvA songs? That's pretty horrible. Im glad Tom has his head screwed on when writing Blink lyrics

Wow. Are those lyrics from real AvA songs? That's pretty horrible. Im glad Tom has his head screwed on when writing Blink lyrics

i agree with you, but your nitpicking.

Tom has some brilliant moments-

"how did I let her inside, were dripping with sweat, im feeling allright, her lips were the last thing touched tonight, your best friend is not your girlfriend".

I was just listening to some songs off of I-Empire after listening to some new Blink songs. God, it really reminds me how shitty AvA is compared to Blink.

thanks, i just listened to secret crowds... damn, it's pretty shitty.

first: the band should be called: Tom Delonge

second: why is Tom the dude without a guitar?

third: he says "like violence" in one of the verses :P

i appreciate Tom even more for making neighborhoods great, thanks dude :D