Neighborhoods Review Thread

iSimon

I honestly can't say.  In some ways it sounds like Mark is singing oh oh oh oh, but in another I can hear how its just guitar.  This song is very deceptive, I feel like Story of a Lonely Guy is a song worth giving a deeper exam than what we all may have initially accepted it for.

Yeah there's no question it's Mark, which is weird to say considering how I never would have thought of it not being Tom only about a day ago.

The dada part in Story of a Lonely Guy is Mark. I can see how someone might think it could be Tom as the very last bit of that part sounds Tomish but otherwise it doesn't sound like something Tom could pull off.

So I dunno, clearly it bothers you, but I find it very endearing.  It does kind of show that if they wanted like Mark said years ago, they could have continued blink without Tom.

I don't agree. Blink without Tom is not blink so HAG is not evidence that the band could have existed without Tom (except in some purely technical sense).

What Went Wrong is different because at least you don't have Tom trying to fake Mark's voice or playing the bass.

Do you honestly think Mark tried to "fake" Tom's voice in HAG?

Give me a break.

The only songs on the album I don't care for are Snake Charmer and Fighting the Gravity. Actually, it's not so much that I flat out don't like Fighting the Gravity, it's just that it doesn't really lend itself to repeat listens. Whereas with Snake Charmer, when I hear it I just wanna turn it off. I'm in the camp that didn't like Up All Night when it was first released but upon hearing it in the context of the album, loved it. Ghost on the Dance Floor is also one that had to grow on me a bit, but that happened fairly quickly. I love Mark's backing vocals in the verses. The rest I was into pretty much after first listen.