Neighborhoods Review Thread

iSimon

People hear synth, they think AVA, they remember that they dislike AVA, and therefore they don't like the song.  Nevermind that they've used synth extensively since 1999.

this exactly, people are so retarded I swear. Before AVA the synths and space sounds on asthenia/not now didnt bother anyone. The kinda ava-ish sound to lost without you didn't bother anyone. Then ava does young london, guitar intro similar to m&m's/cheshire. Then they do that again here on Natives and everyone immediately thinks ava. when in reality its a direct blink influence, not ava. And we know riffs used on WDNTW were supposed to be for blink. People just look for ava stuff in these new songs I think to have a reason not to like it.

Lets not forget that theres synth on All The Small Things, its just real low in the mix.

People hear synth, they think AVA, they remember that they dislike AVA, and therefore they don't like the song.  Nevermind that they've used synth extensively since 1999.

this exactly, people are so retarded I swear. Before AVA the synths and space sounds on asthenia/not now didnt bother anyone. The kinda ava-ish sound to lost without you didn't bother anyone. Then ava does young london, guitar intro similar to m&m's/cheshire. Then they do that again here on Natives and everyone immediately thinks ava. when in reality its a direct blink influence, not ava. And we know riffs used on WDNTW were supposed to be for blink. People just look for ava stuff in these new songs I think to have a reason not to like it.

Lets not forget that theres synth on All The Small Things, its just real low in the mix.

Hell the synths in Wendy Clear are really audible throughout the whole song.

Not to mention the Young London riff was originally written for this blink record...

Love the new Angels and Airwaves album. That was cool of Tom to feature Mark and Travis on some of the songs.

kenny is still trolling a blink 182 message board and is STILL talking shit about them?

What part of my post insinuates talking shit? You need to check your facts. For the record, I think the album has a solid opening, but I would have liked more songs where mark does the majority of vocals. I only said ava not because of the synth, but because of the focus on tom in this album.

It's like a game of telephone here. It's hilarious.

Not to mention the Young London riff was originally written for this blink record...

where was it ever implied that young london's riff was written for blink?  granted i could see that song being a blink song, i'm just wondering where that was ever mentioned?  I'm sure that there's tons of stuff tom writes that could go either way

Love the new Angels and Airwaves album. That was cool of Tom to feature Mark and Travis on some of the songs.

kenny is still trolling a blink 182 message board and is STILL talking shit about them?

What part of my post insinuates talking shit? You need to check your facts. For the record, I think the album has a solid opening, but I would have liked more songs where mark does the majority of vocals. I only said ava not because of the synth, but because of the focus on tom in this album.

It's like a game of telephone here. It's hilarious.

Fail, there's more Mark in this album than in Untitled. Also, quit with the stupid ava jokes. They were overdone 2 weeks ago.

i just come to realize i think Heart's All Gone would of been perfect as the first single. Its just really fast, has that summer feel to it. Its a blink song at heart & sounds like nothing on the radio today.

I agree it's a great song, but Up All Night was definitely a better choice. Had HAG been the first single, people would have tried to say "Only Mark is serious about Blink".

i just come to realize i think Heart's All Gone would of been perfect as the first single. Its just really fast, has that summer feel to it. Its a blink song at heart & sounds like nothing on the radio today.

I agree it's a great song, but Up All Night was definitely a better choice. Had HAG been the first single, people would have tried to say "Only Mark is serious about Blink".

HAG should have had a double kick

well to be fair "Up all night" is pretty unique too...between the KOL, Foo Fighters, RHCP, always on rotation blinks new song stands out.