Jump to content
 
iSimon

Neighborhoods Review Thread

Recommended Posts

Ah, I thought you meant “Hoods” as a specific song, haha. Hm.

I would take all of Neighborhoods over “Snake Charmer,” even though I do like Snake Charmer.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Ah, I thought you meant “Hoods” as a specific song, haha. Hm.

I would take all of Neighborhoods over “Snake Charmer,” even though I do like Snake Charmer.

What is super overrated then? I agree on Snake Charmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJansaid said:

What is super overrated then? I agree on Snake Charmer

The album in a collective sense, I’d say. Like most to all the songs are good individually, but none of them are truly great like a lot of individual songs on blink’s other albums. Like they can’t stand on their own—they have more noticeable faults, etc. It still feels like a shadow of blink to me. 

I don’t think the album is bad—I enjoy it. I just think it’s gotten a lot of praise it doesn’t deserve since the California era started because people have rose colored glasses on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nasa said:

The album in a collective sense, I’d say. Like most to all the songs are good individually, but none of them are truly great like a lot of individual songs on blink’s other albums. Like they can’t stand on their own—they have more noticeable faults, etc. It still feels like a shadow of blink to me. 

I don’t think the album is bad—I enjoy it. I just think it’s gotten a lot of praise it doesn’t deserve since the California era started because people have rose colored glasses on.

I agree that it's a shadow of blink.  I think most people feel that way.  I don't have rose colored glasses personally, I remember listening to it a lot when it came out but feeling the same way, it lacked that punch, but it was still better music than anything else for a blink fan.  It's not great, it just aged well, with California and the stuff like Self Titled getting overplayed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nasa said:

The album in a collective sense, I’d say. Like most to all the songs are good individually, but none of them are truly great like a lot of individual songs on blink’s other albums. Like they can’t stand on their own—they have more noticeable faults, etc. It still feels like a shadow of blink to me. 

I don’t think the album is bad—I enjoy it. I just think it’s gotten a lot of praise it doesn’t deserve since the California era started because people have rose colored glasses on.

I think it's more like blinks highest points are untouchable. Dude Ranch, Enema, Untitled... we'd never get close to that ever again. Neighborhoods was a mixed bag of a flawed mess but despite it there are loveable aspects for some (Kaleidoscope is one of my fave blink songs of all time, for example) but we'd literally get pissed on by a tramp straddling a park bench then listen to California, so suddenly Neighborhoods seems much less of a sin in comparison.

It's still Most of blink > Neighborhoods, it's just also Most of blink > Neighborhoods > Reeking of tramp piss > > > > > > California. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bucko said:

You had to jinx it didn’t you? 

Boy did I...

This album scores a 7/10 for me now.

California is a 5/10 in context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...