Rate Neighbourhoods

grilled_cheese

Rate Neighbourhoods  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Neighbourhoods

Rate Neighbourhoods!

Personally I gave it 1. I am so disapointed in this album and I think it's terrible songwriting compared to other blink albums.

By your sig i'm gonna guess you're a fan of punk rock and older blink.

To say it's 1 out of 5 and written terribly is ridiculous though...it's more developed than any other blink-182 record and they have pushed their songwriting to the next level...it might not be your thing, but it's still a great record.

Rate Neighbourhoods!

Personally I gave it 1. I am so disapointed in this album and I think it's terrible songwriting compared to other blink albums.

To say it's 1 out of 5 and written terribly is ridiculous though...it's more developed than any other blink-182 record and they have pushed their songwriting to the next level...it might not be your thing, but it's still a great record.

I just don't agree. I don't like the songs. Overall it sounds to much like AvA and it doesn't sound BLINK. No catchy songs except for After Midnight wich is my favourite.

It's catchy in my opinion, but maybe not in the obvious blink way. It was never going to be Enema/TOYPAJ catchy and anyone thinking it would be is a fool.

It was going to sound like AVA at points of course, Tom Delonge is providing 50% (maybe more) of the songwriting input, but it still has a Blink spin on it and with Mark's bass/harmonies and Travis drumming it just sounds more full and has actual direction.

Rate Neighbourhoods!

I just don't agree. I don't like the songs. Overall it sounds to much like AvA and it doesn't sound BLINK. No catchy songs except for After Midnight wich is my favourite.

Lol, After Midnight has heavy AvA influences. Basically every clean guitar bit has been recycled from an AvA song. The pre-chorus is also AvAish.

Don't get me wrong; it's a great song and this is the direction the band was heading for after the untitled anyway but it's a bit odd to complain about AvA influences and then praise After Midnight.

it's kinda lame to call everything you dont like AVA sounding. for me it doesn't sound like AVA at all. i see, the intro of natives and young london are similar. but you can't tell it's ava. both of those intros sound like a reinterpretation of m+m's and thunderstruck by ac/dc or anything else... the love album was written while tom's been working on these blink songs, it's obvious you will find similar patterns and ideas, but those aren't the boring and overused ava elements but experimental things in both bands.

this album is great, it's better than the 2003 record in my opinion. too bad i've already heard uan, hag, am and gotdf (live) a thousand times, so now i usually skip these songs, half the album. so it feels a bit short. i try not to listen to the album or any of its songs for a few days, until i get my physical copy, and then i hopefully will be able to enjoy all the 50 minutes of this masterpiece. 5/5 (9/10)

it's kinda lame to call everything you dont like AVA sounding. for me it doesn't sound like AVA at all. i see, the intro of natives and young london are similar. but you can't tell it's ava. both of those intros sound like a reinterpretation of m+m's and thunderstruck by ac/dc or anything else... the love album was written while tom's been working on these blink songs, it's obvious you will find similar patterns and ideas, but those aren't the boring and overused ava elements but experimental things in both bands.

this album is great, it's better than the 2003 record in my opinion. too bad i've already heard uan, hag, am and gotdf (live) a thousand times, so now i usually skip these songs, half the album. so it feels a bit short. i try not to listen to the album or any of its songs for a few days, until i get my physical copy, and then i hopefully will be able to enjoy all the 50 minutes of this masterpiece. 5/5 (9/10)

Wow Mr "I'm done with this band" is back

I only listened to it once and usually when i do that i mark out really good songs that i'd wanna hear again, and to be honest i did that with pretty much every song there was a few i didnt do it with, but those ones i could tell would grow. I'm super pleased with this album after the first go and i'll still buy it.

5 all the way!

I only listened to it once and usually when i do that i mark out really good songs that i'd wanna hear again, and to be honest i did that with pretty much every song there was a few i didnt do it with, but those ones i could tell would grow. I'm super pleased with this album after the first go and i'll still buy it.

5 all the way!

5. not catchy? every song has a catch or hook that is sick. not one song doesn't have a catchy moment. sounds like AVA? no. there are parts that sound like what tom might have envisioned AVA to be or sound.. but it took Mark and Travis to keep the songs going in a direction that didn't destroy a good song with a 5 min intro or outro or yo yo's throughout like AVA. not one song sounds like another. its NOT a bunch of filler with 2 good songs. its great album. I was one of the biggest blink doubters of all that they would put out anything actually worth listening to, and they totally fooled me. this album is everything AVA and +44 wasn't. its what we get with all 3 guys. much better music in the end.