Honestly, Wishing Well is a 'skip' track for me on the album

uknowmeitsmattp

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing Well is one of my favourites as well, this topic fails really hard.  People complaining about Tom's "La da da da's" should reserve their judgment, in the lyrics he talks about being shy and then manic and then does his la da da das, it fits perfectly IMO.

Love is Dangerous is a great skip track though.

Wishing Well is one of my favourites as well, this topic fails really hard.  People complaining about Tom's "La da da da's" should reserve their judgment, in the lyrics he talks about being shy and then manic and then does his la da da das, it fits perfectly IMO.

Love is Dangerous is a great skip track though.

I just skip to the bridge hehe

Do you guys think that the song has a religious context to it at all? I keep thinking about the lyrics. "To the grave and back this season" and also "Burned a hole through my hand" and "In the promised land." Idk if he meant that but I thought that was kinda cool.

Also, what does Tom say in the third line of the chorus? I can't figure it out for the life of me

Do you guys think that the song has a religious context to it at all? I keep thinking about the lyrics. "To the grave and back this season" and also "Burned a hole through my hand" and "In the promised land." Idk if he meant that but I thought that was kinda cool.

Also, what does Tom say in the third line of the chorus? I can't figure it out for the life of me

"To the grave and back this season" is in reference to his cancer scare. Burned a hole through his hand is the failure he experienced "reaching for a shooting star" with AVA. The "fun in the promised land" was his fun in AVA after the star burned to his heart.

Still can't believe Tom has written lyrics like burning his hands with Ava. Even though it's kinda hidden that's pretty damn honest and something I'd have never expected to hear from him about that band. I love this guy again. I don't know what went wrong with him all these years but I guess he's cured. I don't even care if he goes on with angels but it's good to know his main priority is blink again and that he has an realistic view on angels now.

I usually skip this song after the 2nd verse.  Instrumentally, the verses are the most fun to listen to.  Especially if you have a system built for an audiophile like myself. Marks bass that hits super hard during 10 notes of each verse is the best part of the entire song.  You won't REALLY be able to experience/grasp the full effect unless you have a Very $$$$Expensive$$$$ sound system. Chorus is just mehhh.

"To the grave and back this season" is in reference to his cancer scare. Burned a hole through his hand is the failure he experienced "reaching for a shooting star" with AVA. The "fun in the promised land" was his fun in AVA after the star burned to his heart.

granted all this is pure speculation, but beyond the lyrics, it's just a really fun, upbeat song with lotsa tom.  I think a lot of people were worried about how much tom there would be on this record, but songs like this where you can very clearly tell he had a heavy hand in writing, those worries get alleviated.  This is another one of those songs where, and i don't wanna sound like a blink fanboy, it seems like a song he would have written for angels originally, but then it was fed back through mark and travis who helped elevate it to that next level.  That's what angels is to me at the end of the day: just tom being tom without the filter of the other two guys.  what you get in angels is some really, really good ideas butted up against some terrible ideas because there's no one who keeps tom in check per say in angels, no one who has really strong musical convictions.  With blink you get that, and those contrasting viewpoints only serve to strengthen the song, and this is one of those examples.

I like it, but the La Da Da's almost ruin the song.

No way around it. It's annoying.

so I guess you didnt like most songs from enema then? or some songs from toypaj as well.

Lol what are you talking about man? I'm pretty sure that it isn't actually most of the songs on Enema. Isn't it really just Party Song and All the Small Things? And on TOYPJ it's just Online Songs and Story of A Lonely Guy, right? Even then, it doesn't sound as out of place or as obnoxious in those songs as it does on Wishing Well.

Anyway, I never said I didn't like Wishing Well. I just need to build up a tolerance to the yodeling.