Community Season 3

Fishguts182

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the 8 bit episode with my roommate, and we both agreed it was one of our favorite episodes.  I have yet to see the other two episodes from tonight, due to drunkenness and hockey, but I can't wait to watch them.  I love this show. #sixseasonsandamovie

The Office died somewhere around the time when they had that episode where Dwight created a fake fire and didn't get fired immediately afterword.

Man, way to just forget what the show was supposed to be about.

The real office finale was after season 3, I mean it was the climax of the series and would have been the perfect place to end it.  Because of ratings it kept going, and it kept losing it's identity.  I think I stopped carrying altogether about that show (though still watched it) after season 5.

Gil from breaking bad played Gilbert, lolz

*Gus from breaking bad

as you can see, i need to rewatch braking bad, there is a gil in that show right? He's the lab assistant?

#sixseasonsandamovie

Office was best seasons 2-3 but I still watched nd cared until Steve left. Without him the show really is just pointless. But back to the amazingness that is community haha

office is still watchable and this is after giving up on it after season 5-6.  It's a different show now, it still has a lot of funny moments and you see Jim and Dwights relationship has changed and has more depth than just Jim pissing off Dwight. Idk maybe I like the characters so much I'm willing to look past some of the shit. I'm impressed they actually pulled off a decent season post Michael Scott

Yeah, I think Gil was the lab assistant's name, I need to rewatch too.  And honestly yeah, the office has had a pretty good season without Michael, I liked it more than seasons 6 and 7, but that's not really saying much I suppose.

Yeah, I think Gil was the lab assistant's name, I need to rewatch too.  And honestly yeah, the office has had a pretty good season without Michael, I liked it more than seasons 6 and 7, but that's not really saying much I suppose.

You liked season 8 better than 6&7? Yikes

Yeah, exactly.  Really speaks to how "good" seasons 6 and 7 were right?

dood season 6 sucked, i seriously cannot think of an episode that stood out. Season 7 was good, as it was leading up to a major character leaving the show. But season 8, it has been seriously kinda funny, and they've done a great job at not making it a big deal that he's no longer with them.

If you wanna see how not to handle a main character leaving a show, look at that 70's show. They seriously fucked that show up come the 8th season....i mean the snl weekend update guys brother? really? comeon, they went about that like it was an actual 70's sitcom, which i guess could be meta, but fuck it that season sucked ballllllls

Exactly, just cuz Steve Carrell was there doesn't make those episodes good, the show is only as strong as the writing.  Heck that's why today you still see some great Simpsons episodes despite the fact that most aren't good at all any more.  Frankly, I was pleased with what they did with Andy and James Spader this season, it was a breath of fresh air in a really stale series, still, it should have just ended on the season 3 finale, you can tell that's where the writers had thought up to from the getgo.  In fact season 4 as a whole was the worst season if the office, except for the dinner party, that was the one stand out episode of that season.  But I do feel like season 5 did a nice job of bouncing back, still, since then it's not lived up to the series it once was.

The show was likely to be getting bad anyway. Just the way Harmon was running it, the characters, the relationships, every episode became some elaborate concept and nothing was simple. It really lost its way, not that it was bad, but the show just broke itself.

The best they can hope for is a return to season 1, but it will be hard to return to simpler times.

I agree.  I liked the concept episodes but I think the show needs to be able to stand on it's own without a gimmick if you know what I mean.

Also before the end I'd like to see some resolution to the relationship stuff.  I mean they're switching it up all the time but before the end I want to see some people end up together.  Enough of the tension.