Deluxe version not in stock in HMV?

ducktape182

The blink album came out today in Ireland and my HMV is only stocking the normal version and there is no record of the deluxe versions on the computer stocklist, even if this particular store didnt order it it should stilll appear on the store catalog. Also the deluxe version is not on HMV.com

Anyone know why the Uk and Ireland's biggest music store isnt selling the deluxe version?

Anyone actually buy the deluxe version from HMV and my shop is just lame?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play, HMV and Amazon have no mention of the deluxe version on their sites. It's been apparent for a while that we might not be getting the deluxe version.

It's on the Amazon site only it says "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

You can pre-order it off CD wow though and it says released on 26/09/11

http://www.cdwow.com/CD/blink-182-neighborhoods-deluxe-edition/dp/22929183#bc=dbda

HMV definitely not selling this on Monday.  Hopefully will have it in within a couple of weeks though or hopefully Blink will have sorted out a bundle for us.

If we didn't have the Deluxe leak I would be frantic by now.  Still going to go and buy the standard edition on Monday though.

I'm pretty sure we aren't getting it. The fact it does not appear even as a listing on  the three main UK retailiers for CD's says enough. The listing on Amazon has a release date as 27th, but doesn't know if it will be in stock, so its likely an imported one. I have ordered it from CD-Wow, but that says it'll take 7-10 days.

It wouldn't surprise me if the only way to get the deluxe tracks is through download. Thats seemed to happen quite a bit recently.

I was in Fopp (owned by HMV) and they said there isn't a deluxe one being sold physically.  Silly staff members.

Maybe not by them, but there definitely is. JB in Australia are selling it but they told me only through pre order and not straight off the shelf for some reason. Oh well, I'm just glad I looked into it early and didn't just show up to buy it or I would've been spewing

Mark said on the web chat that the deluxe edition should be out in the UK and looked quite confused when he was asked why it's not already

They didn't say that they meant the physical version though, so that might be why he was confused. Dunno. It's on iTunes. Play and Amazon both have it, but only as mp3 download. Amazon do have the CD listed (with tomorrow as release date), but it's not in stock with no date for when/if it will be. CD Wow have it, but it says "Expected to ship within 7-10 days" so I'll wait to see if anything happens on Amazon tomorrow.